Themes and LockScreens for the i9x0

Guest lioryte

cool skins! 10x ock. I have 1 question: How can I open the cab files and get the images and all the things to start porting?

You can open cabs using WinCE Cab Manager

I took a peak at DJ Pete's lock screens and I really like this one:

Is there a chance that you might port this one as well ock?? ;)

As requested ;) :

DJ%20Pete%20iLock%20WQVGA.png

Credits to DJ Pete for another amazing lockscreen skin!

DJ_Pete_iLock_WQVGA.cab

Guest zanix
FIRST : Nice !

and : Instruction by Zenix is good (thx) but ,

I used WinCE CAB Manager and Resource Hacker many times , but I donĀ“t no how can I open cpr. or ttf file - can anybody help me pls-thx

Change wall in CAB is easy etc. - cpr. and tff. is my problem ;) ,here DJ_Pete and OCK MetroLock with Simpsons ;)

.cpr is just a renamed .xml file

Open it with notepad or a standard text editor

Guest thekevster
.cpr is just a renamed .xml file

Open it with notepad or a standard text editor

hey zanix, i noticed you seem to be fairly knowledgable with editing .cpr files and i was hoping you could give me some help.

i want to change the date format like ock has in his metro lockscreen, i have a similar one with just a few of the image files added. i want to change the date format from "04/16/10" to "Fri, 16 April 10"

thanks in advance!

Edit: i found you can change the format in Regional settings, but there isnt a setting with the day of the week in front like "Fri, 16 April 10"

Guest zanix
hey zanix, i noticed you seem to be fairly knowledgable with editing .cpr files and i was hoping you could give me some help.

i want to change the date format like ock has in his metro lockscreen, i have a similar one with just a few of the image files added. i want to change the date format from "04/16/10" to "Fri, 16 April 10"

thanks in advance!

Edit: i found you can change the format in Regional settings, but there isnt a setting with the day of the week in front like "Fri, 16 April 10"

I wish there was a way other than editing the registry. Lioryte and I looked for some time before giving up ;)

I know someone over at XDA found cmhome.dll which has a few strings in it that match some ID values in CPRs

I don't think they apply to the lockscreen though

Edited by zanix

Guest Salubri
You can open cabs using WinCE Cab Manager

As requested ;) :

DJ%20Pete%20iLock%20WQVGA.png

Credits to DJ Pete for another amazing lockscreen skin!

Looking good! I'll try it out now. Thanks! ;)

* Edit: It works great! Thanks again. ;)

Edited by Salubri

Guest zanix
I wish there was a way other than editing the registry. Lioryte and I looked for some time before giving up ;)

I know someone over at XDA found cmhome.dll which has a few strings in it that match some ID values in CPRs

I don't think they apply to the lockscreen though

You know, I wonder if the lockscreen.dll file might have some nuggets of undiscovered joy within

Guest Hanusch

Hi Zanix - I have another stupid question. If I want edit cpr. rename on xml. thats ok , but if I want close and rename cpr. back - folder is ... .cpr.xml - give me tip for this pls ;) (sorry for my english) ... I dont have time for this problem ...thx for reply ;)

Guest zanix
Hi Zanix - I have another stupid question. If I want edit cpr. rename on xml. thats ok , but if I want close and rename cpr. back - folder is ... .cpr.xml - give me tip for this pls ;) (sorry for my english) ... I dont have time for this problem ...thx for reply ;)

You don't need to rename it to edit it, just open the .cpr file directly in your editor

If you are having issues on file extensions, then I would suggest looking up on how to show them

http://www.google.com/search?q=always+show+file+extensions

Guest pop6918
DJ Pete from pocketpc.ch was kind enough to grant me permission to modify his WVGA lockscreen for our Omnias.

Here's the WQVGA version of his Sense lockscreen, with a few things repositioned and tweaked.

SenseLS.png

Hi Ock,

How do you get to to show Sataurday, 10th, april instead of 10/03/2010? thanks,

Guest zanix
Hi Ock,

How do you get to to show Sataurday, 10th, april instead of 10/03/2010? thanks,

It's a registry edit, but I do not recall what exactly to change

Guest PayAndCry
Just ported two more lockscreens to our Omnias. Made some tweaks to correct some alignment etc.

Credits to DJ Pete and Cendaryn for their excellent work!

GT Lock by DJ Pete

If you prefer another (light-coloured) background, copy and overwrite the lockscreenP.png file inside \Windows

GTLock.Png

MyMetroLock by Cendaryn

To display a small custom photo, copy a png file (60 x 60 pixels) named user.png into \Windows (preferably before installing the cab)

MyMetro.Png

Hi OCK is it possbile to get the blue hubs to work?

Edit: And I found a bug :S The number 4 isnĀ“t shown right in the date it looks like a 1

Edited by PayAndCry

Guest Hanusch
You don't need to rename it to edit it, just open the .cpr file directly in your editor

If you are having issues on file extensions, then I would suggest looking up on how to show them

http://www.google.com/search?q=always+show+file+extensions

:huh: thanks ... (I tried now,I write stupid qustes. :P )

EDIT : If I can rename Slide to Czech (Odemkni tahem) , it is possible ? I will try to find ...

Edited by Hanusch

Guest zanix
:huh: thanks ... (I tried now,I write stupid qustes. :P )

EDIT : If I can rename Slide to Czech (Odemkni tahem) , it is possible ? I will try to find ...

<Text ID="TapOrSlide" Top="45" Width="240" Height="17" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="9" Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Middle" InnerTextType="Resource" Text="shellresapps.dll,18150">

<TextStage TextOffsetType="TextOffsetDropBottomRight" Color="#00000000" TextOffset="1" BlurFactor="3" Alpha="1.0"/>

<TextStage TextOffsetType="TextOffsetNone" Color="#FFFFFFFF"/>

</Text>

<Text ID="SlideToUnlock" Top="45" Width="240" Height="17" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="9" Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Middle" InnerTextType="Resource" Text="shellresapps.dll,18149">

<TextStage TextOffsetType="TextOffsetDropBottomRight" Color="#00000000" TextOffset="1" BlurFactor="3" Alpha="1.0"/>

</Text>
Remove on the ID="SlideToUnlock" line
InnerTextType="Resource"
And change "Text=" to what you want
Text="Odemkni tahem"

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ahck
Can anybody made Lockscreen with Buttons of Music Player ? Some I read on XDA here , but itĀ“s not for WQVGA ...

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/tra...cNCavRIlccV_cVw

Confirmation that the Media Controls are coded in.

A Snippet from:

LS_Lockscreen_480x800.cpr

<MediaControl ID="MediaControl" Top="0" Left="0">

<Image ID="MediaBG" Width="480" Height="208" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm = "TriLinear" Source="\windows\LS_MediaControl_BG.png"/>

<Text ID="MediaInfo" Left="21" Width="438" Top="37" Height="34" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="10" Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Middle" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" Opacity="1.0" InnerTextType="Resource" Text="cmhomeres.dll,1811"><!-- This comment eliminates unwanted characters -->

</Text>

<!-- Original coordinates for the media controls were provided such that the 'Top' value for the progress bar was assuming that the 'background' 

starts at relative offset 0. However, progress bar needs to be at least as tall as its tallest child, and this assumption doesn't hold true.

Therefore, we need to center vertically all children inside the progress bar.  Here's how:

1. Let Height of Tallest child be "HT". (This is currently the 'head' because it has glow)

2. Let Height of Background be "HB". 

3. Let the original Top value of the Progress bar be "TP".

4. Let the original Top value of the Background be "TB".

So, the new values are as follows

TP = TP - (HT - HB) / 2;

HT = HT + (HT - HB) / 2;

--> 

<ProgressBar ID="MediaProgress" Width="480" Height="18" Left="0" Top="86" Visible="True">

<Layer ID="Background" Left="0" Top="3">			

<Image Width="480" Height="12" Visible="True" ScalingAlgorithm="TriLinear" Source="\windows\LS_MediaControl_Progress_BG.png" />			

</Layer>

<Layer ID="Foreground" Left="0" Top="3">

<Image Width="480" Height="6" Top="3" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm="Fast" Source="\windows\LS_MediaControl_Progress_FG.png" />

</Layer>

<Layer ID="Head" Left="0" Top="0">

<Image Width="18" Height="18" Left="0" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm="TriLinear" Source="\windows\LS_MediaControl_Progress_Head.png"/>

</Layer>

<Button ID="Button" Width="480" Height="18" Top="0" Left="0" Opacity="0.0"></Button>

</ProgressBar>

<MultiStateButton ID="MediaPrevious" Width="89" Height="74"  Left="80" Top="120">

<!-- The order of children of an MSB matters -->		

<Image Width="89" Height="74" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm = "TriLinear" Source="\windows\LS_MediaControl_Previous.png"/>

<Image Width="89" Height="74" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm = "TriLinear" Source="\windows\LS_MediaControl_Previous_Pushed.png"/>

<Image Width="89" Height="74" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm = "TriLinear" Source="\windows\LS_MediaControl_Previous_Disabled.png"/>

</MultiStateButton>

<MultiStateButton ID="MediaPlayPause" Width="141" Height="92" Left="169" Top="111">		  

<Image Width="141" Height="92" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm = "TriLinear" Source="\windows\LS_MediaControl_Play.png"/>

<Image Width="141" Height="92" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm = "TriLinear" Source="\windows\LS_MediaControl_Play_Pushed.png"/>

<Image Width="141" Height="92" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm = "TriLinear" Source="\windows\LS_MediaControl_Pause.png"/>

<Image Width="141" Height="92" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm = "TriLinear" Source="\windows\LS_MediaControl_Pause_Pushed.png"/>		  

</MultiStateButton>

<MultiStateButton ID="MediaNext" Width="89" Height="74" Left="310" Top="120">

<Image Width="89" Height="74" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm = "TriLinear" Source="\windows\LS_MediaControl_Next.png"/>

<Image Width="89" Height="74" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm = "TriLinear" Source="\windows\LS_MediaControl_Next_Pushed.png"/>

<Image Width="89" Height="74" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm = "TriLinear" Source="\windows\LS_MediaControl_Next_Disabled.png"/>		

</MultiStateButton>

</MediaControl>

• 1 month later...
Guest lioryte
Confirmation that the Media Controls are coded in.

A Snippet from:

LS_Lockscreen_480x800.cpr

It has been coded in for a while now, but it's disabled. Sure would be nice though!

where can I get that lock slider? it doesn't seem to be in the listed cabs.

Lockscreen downloads are at the original post. Look at the date. The lock itself is HTC lock

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DanHakimi

I installed the windows ball as slider for lock screen thinger. Then I decided I didn't like it. Now I need to get rid of it... But I can't. The "revert back to original lock" doesn't work. And I tried uninstalling it by running the cab again, and letting it uninstall, and then not installing it again... That didn't work. It appears that it just changed the picture, and there's nothing around to change it back.

Help, please?

Edit: don't worry about it. I installed MyMetroLock. That replaced it.

Edited by DanHakimi

Guest lioryte
I installed the windows ball as slider for lock screen thinger. Then I decided I didn't like it. Now I need to get rid of it... But I can't. The "revert back to original lock" doesn't work. And I tried uninstalling it by running the cab again, and letting it uninstall, and then not installing it again... That didn't work. It appears that it just changed the picture, and there's nothing around to change it back.

Help, please?

OK I don't remember what I put in the .cab lemme see I'll brb

Guest DanHakimi

Uh... Wow, thanks for the quick reply, but don't worry about it, I installed MyMetroLock, and that fixed it... I don't like the blue wp7 panels, though... can somebody make a version without them?