• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

GeileBeer

GeileBeer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi there!

I was wondering if someone could guide me through this. I have literally spent hours / days to try to get this fixed.
I'm on a rooted Desire with Amer_BravoX Custom ROM. I use the JakeMod MMS.apk number 10. I set different APN's, but none of them would help.

The status now is that I can see that there are new messages, but downloading it times out (i.e. it never downloads). Is there's something wrong with the APN? Or did I f*ck up the userAgent (using "Softbank V702NK") ? And when you enter a custom string for UserAgent, do you add "Softbank" in front of it, or not?

Looking forward for some gaijin-help!

Thanks in advance

GB

Scrap that, got it too work.

Things to mention:

If asked for an authentication: go PAP

If asked for an agent: Use the preset V802SE

(custom strings should look like - SoftBank/1.0/705NK/NKJ002/SN001 Android-Mms/0.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 - Which is a pain in the ass!!)

concerning APN's: Screw the internet-APN, just set up 1 APN for the MMS and don't forget to set the type to "mms".

Take care!

Edited by GeileBeer, 30 June 2010 - 09:44 AM.

xt701.smoke

xt701.smoke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:MOTO XT701

I am really sorry, but I am new to the android. I have successfully rooted and installed the MoDaCo Desire rom to my device, but when I type in "adb remount..." to the command prompt, I got "failed to copy 'Mms.apk' to '/system/app/Mms.apk': Directory not empty." Does anyone know how to solve this?
Thank you.

EDIT: ok, i successfully pushed the file in recovery mode, but I am not too sure how to install the Mms.apk or what I would need to do the next step.

"cp" command needs [-f] option, when you put it on exists file.
But, I don't recommend it.
I recommend to move original Mms.apk file, before "cp -f" command.
If you move original Mms.apk, and you can type "cp" command without [-f] option.

1.move original Mms.apk
#mv /system/app/Mms.apk /system/app/Mms.apk
2.copy customized Mms.apk
#cp /sdcard/Mms.apk /system/app/Mms.apk

all after "remout" /system directory.

reboot your phone, and you can use customized Mms.apk

Yuko87

Yuko87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid 2.1
Hello everyone, this topic is very usefull but I still have a few questions to asks since I readed that someone had a bill over 60,000yen

I want to use the Unlimited Pack Discount for Smartphones (http://mb.softbank.j.../upd_smart.html) as I have an Acer Liquid android 1.6 and I already installed all to get s!mail etc and of course I also want to use internet normally with my smartphone so is this plan good? It says monthly fee can't go over 5,895yen but also it says:

Some content may be subject to additional fees.
Fees cover sending/receiving e-mail (S! Mail MMS), web access, PC Site Browser (including PC e-mail), and PC Site Direct charges within Japan.

But then:
Rates for S! Mail (MMS) reception, web access, PC Site Browser (including PC e-mail) and PC Site Direct are ¥0.084/packet.

What does it mean? what content is subject to additional fees? and about the 0.084yen/packet means I will pay that price as extra everytime I send an email etc?

Umka

Umka

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i900 > Acer Liquid

Hello everyone, this topic is very usefull but I still have a few questions to asks since I readed that someone had a bill over 60,000yen

I want to use the Unlimited Pack Discount for Smartphones (http://mb.softbank.j.../upd_smart.html) as I have an Acer Liquid android 1.6 and I already installed all to get s!mail etc and of course I also want to use internet normally with my smartphone so is this plan good? It says monthly fee can't go over 5,895yen but also it says:

Some content may be subject to additional fees.
Fees cover sending/receiving e-mail (S! Mail MMS), web access, PC Site Browser (including PC e-mail), and PC Site Direct charges within Japan.

But then:
Rates for S! Mail (MMS) reception, web access, PC Site Browser (including PC e-mail) and PC Site Direct are ¥0.084/packet.

What does it mean? what content is subject to additional fees? and about the 0.084yen/packet means I will pay that price as extra everytime I send an email etc?

Helo Yuko

I think the guy with 60.000Yen bill did not have an unlimited data plan or did not setup the APNs correctly. I am using these settings to download data from Internet my actual use of internet goes up to 20.000~80.000yen but as this is covered by my data plan - i only pay less than 6000yen. As for what is not included, i gues it might be MMS cause we pay per MMS plus data included in that MMS.

Japan, Softbank: Omnia i900 > Htc Hero > Acer Liquid
ホスティング専用サーバー

Yuko87

Yuko87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Helo Yuko

I think the guy with 60.000Yen bill did not have an unlimited data plan or did not setup the APNs correctly. I am using these settings to download data from Internet my actual use of internet goes up to 20.000~80.000yen but as this is covered by my data plan - i only pay less than 6000yen. As for what is not included, i gues it might be MMS cause we pay per MMS plus data included in that MMS.

Thank you for answering me =) actually about the MMS I didn't understand well..in my country (Italy) we have sms and mms because we don't have email on cellphone and the only way to send pictures each other is MMS but in Japan there are S!Mail so we actually don't need mms right? I putted the mms apn like it is said in this thread because my cellphone doesn't normally get e-mails...what should I do? I wanna make sure that I wont have any surprise in my bill ^^

slyn4ice

slyn4ice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys, I just rooted my HTC Desire from Softbank and forgot to backup my APN settings. I have the flat-rate pake-hodai. I have used both the settings you have posted and the settings from a friend of mine with the exact same phone but a different data plan. In both cases I have network but now my signal never stays on 3G - always drops to HSDPA (with a one or two second delay before it switches). Are there different APN settings for the flat-rate pake-hodai plan? Or is it because of something else. I really appreciate your help!

p.s. If you want, I can post the APN settings my friend sent me - they are different from the ones posted here.

Yuko87

Yuko87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Ok I did everything explained here (thank you for making a topic explaining the procedure :D)

...and I'm using the mms8 version of mms.apk but I still have a problem..I can send mms but I can't get them..it says I can't download them, why? T.T

EDIT:

OK that's really strange..I can get mms if their size is less than 250kb...if they are bigger than that I can't download them.

And I can send successfully every kind of size but then the sender will get just a resized version of the pictures I sent (example: 400kb becomes 15kb) O.O

What am I doing wrong?

Edited by Yuko87, 16 August 2010 - 04:28 AM.

colo12

colo12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
After one month of trying to get it work, I'm despaired.

I have a rooted Motorola Milestone (Vodafone Germany). Japanese silver Usim prepaid card.
Did everything like in the first post, with the files MMSEclair and MMS8, even the apk from Jackie, but still cant download MMS.

When I use "mms" as apn type, I instantly get the error message "cant download mms" (no 3G/HSDP symbol in the notification bar), while without "mms" I have the 3G/HSDP symbol and it seems to do sth before I get the download error message. I see that there are mms and a download button is available, but after clicking on it, I receive the error messages.

Tried various user agents.

I'm thankful for every help, I have another month in Japan :huh:

Edited by colo12, 02 September 2010 - 06:56 PM.

Japan-Jens

Japan-Jens

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
Hello everyone, first of all thanks a lot for the helpful tips that made it possible for me as well to send & receive mms/mail with my HTC Desire and Softbank prepaid-card! But since I couldn't succeed by just following one single guide I wrote my own about how i succeeded. I hope that it will be helpful for someone because this configuration-experience is not anything I would wish for someone else to have :P

You can read about how I did here:

http://samuel.iijapan.se/?p=535

Or if that link wouldn't work, use this instead:

http://www.monkeygam...n/samuel/?p=535

iDesire

iDesire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
edit - fixed

Edited by iDesire, 29 October 2010 - 10:40 AM.

xiltepin

xiltepin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Vibrant
I am using the black sim card from Softbank and the internet settings are not working at all.
Does anyone know why? is it because the black sim card might have different settings?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:rolleyes: I am starting this topic for those of you who are like I was, using Softbank in Japan and have no clue how to setup Internet (pakehoudai) and MMS for Softbank.

will start with the easier part - setting up APN for Internet Connection:
1. Go to Settings > Wireless Controls > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
2. Long press empty space or press menu and select Add New APN
3. For internet input:

• Name:Open Softbank
  • APN: open.softbank.ne.jp
  • Proxy: <not set>
  • Port: 8080
  • Username:opensoftbank
  • Password:ebMNuX1FIHg9d3DA
  • Server: <not set>
  • MMSC: <not set>
  • MMS proxy: <not set>
  • MMS port: <not set>
  • MCC: 440
  • MNC: 20
  • APN type: default
In order to use that you should have a data-plan package like pakehoudai (paketto sihoudai) or you risk to get a huge bill in the end of month.

4. For MMS set a new APN just like you did for Internet, but with settings below:
  • APN: mailwebservice.softbank.ne.jp
  • Port: <not set>
  • Username:softbank
  • Password:qceffknarlurqgbl
  • MMSC: http://mms/
  • MMS proxy: sbmmsproxy.softbank.ne.jp
  • MMS port: 8080
  • APN type: mms
That alone will not magically make your MMS work, because Softbank checks for UserAgent when sending / receiving MMS. So you will need to install a custom Mms.apk attached to this post.
5. Install Android SDK on your PC
6. Root your device (AT YOUR OWN RISK! please search for instructions for your specific device on this forum.)
7. open command prompts (Start > Run > cmd) connect your device with USB cable and execute following commands:

That's it. Custom Mms.apk combined with correct APN should do the trick and you are able to send/receive MMS with Softbank.
MMS.zip is for Donut - tested and working on Acer Liquid / Android 1.6 and HTC Hero / Android 1.5
MmsEclair.zip is for Liquid Android 2.1 (tested on LCR, Vache all versions) Do not forget to ODEX after pushing if needed otherwise you fill have a Force Close error.
Mms8.zip is for Liquid and Desire on Android 2.1 (tested on Liquid only LCR, Vache all versions) THIS IS THE LATEST most feature rich and error-free version. Do not forget to ODEX after pushing if needed otherwise you fill have a Force Close error. (Credit to Jake for empty messages fix))
:huh:

Note: for MMSEclair and Mms8.zip, you have yo go to Messages>Settings>UserAgent and select a user agent. I am using 708SC and it works fine.

merkhant

merkhant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ideos u8150, Iphone 3G

I am using the black sim card from Softbank and the internet settings are not working at all.
Does anyone know why? is it because the black sim card might have different settings?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The APN in this thread is for silver(non-iPhone) SIMs, or so I read.
The correct APN for the black SIM is supposed to be:
  • Name: smilemms
  • APN: smile.world
  • User: dna1trop
  • Password: so2t3k3m2a
  • MMS Proxy: smilemms.softbank.ne.jp
  • MMS Port: 8080
  • APN Type: default,supl,mms (none seems also OK)
It didn't work for me, but after lots of digging it seems that the problem in my case was not the APN settings.

Umka

Umka

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i900 > Acer Liquid

The APN in this thread is for silver(non-iPhone) SIMs, or so I read.
The correct APN for the black SIM is supposed to be:

It didn't work for me, but after lots of digging it seems that the problem in my case was not the APN settings.

That is right. APNs for balck SIM are different - just as posted above. Thank you, i will quote this APN in the 1st post!

Japan, Softbank: Omnia i900 > Htc Hero > Acer Liquid
ホスティング専用サーバー

merkhant

merkhant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ideos u8150, Iphone 3G
Sorry for double-posting, but didn't want to combine a question and an answer ...

I recently bought an lock-free Huawei Ideos u8150-B. I read somewhere it is compatible with Softbank, and indeed it does have the 2100MHz UMTS band, although not the 1500MHz, the other band used by Softbank. Also, connecting to Softbank network was no problem, so calls and SMS come through fine. Docomo and Emobile networks were also detected.

However, with my black iPhone sim, although I tried with many APN settings, I could not connect to the data network. After LOTS of digging, I found a long thread on 2ch, with many people reporting that they can connect only to the (Emobile)APN using Emobile SIMs ... However, some tried doing data roaming with foreign SIM cards on the Docomo network, and it was a go. Nobody tried the Softbank network that way, but I believe the results would be the same as for Docomo.

I am clueless about what could be a problem here. It doesn't seem to be hardware ... Do you have any idea? Without knowing what's wrong, I cannot even start looking for a cure.

hyphy

hyphy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire HD
Hello all, a few questions for all you great Android minds out there living in japan.

First of all, umka, thank you for the APN. I tried it on my desire HD unlocked form hongkong and internet works perferctly. Loving it.

now to my first question. so the MMS.apk works on Eclair, but does the MMS.apk thing work on froyo? has anyone tried this with certainty?

I do not want to urge you to use Internet, however my bill is over 400.000 every month. In the end of the month however, the discount is applied and I only pay 5000yen flat rate fee.
I even use my phone for tethering with my laptop when i need it, and it is still covered by the flat rate. just wait till next billing date and look how much they actually charged you.

As always - everything you do - is your responsibility ;)

2nd question. 2 part tho. the first one is just out of sheer curiousity, but why does softbank take away the mobile hotspot feature for their phones? that's really lame. my Desire HD has the mobile hot spot feature, but when i went and looked at one of the samples from sb, it wasn't there. Ok, for the more important question, umka, what plan are you with? the packet hodai with the wifi plan? or just straight up packet hodai? when i first bought my phone, they told me that i would get charged for tethering and it wasn't covered in the packet shi hodai. the reason why i'm asking is obvious. i would love to use the mobile hot spot on my desire hd. maybe i can experiment next month.

THank you in advance!

droid_newbie

droid_newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

That is right. APNs for balck SIM are different - just as posted above. Thank you, i will quote this APN in the 1st post!

Hi Have Desire/X06HT (rooted through unrevoked3, S-ON).
The above is confusing to me, as I have only one APN set up (Which is locked and I can't edit).
I have official mms app from softbank. Both internet and MMS are working fine with one APN set up.

From the post above, it looks like you need two separate APNs for internet and MMS. Not sure how I can access both through one APN. Has anything changed recently?

samusx

samusx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi Have Desire/X06HT (rooted through unrevoked3, S-ON).
The above is confusing to me, as I have only one APN set up (Which is locked and I can't edit).
I have official mms app from softbank. Both internet and MMS are working fine with one APN set up.

From the post above, it looks like you need two separate APNs for internet and MMS. Not sure how I can access both through one APN. Has anything changed recently?

I also have a Desire HD and I want to get mms working on my device, but I'm a little new to this stuff and don't know what version of file to use and correct steps.

Some info first.

UK version Desire HD using in Japan. Fully permarooted with s-off. Revolution HD rom flashed.

Can someone please help me figure out how to get mms working on this phone. I used the APN setting in this post and I can get connected to the 3G network fine. :huh:
I'm very happy about that, but my phone has no options for mms or anything in the system settings. Please help me set it up as I would like to be able to mail my friends.

Thanks.

HaRDHouSeiNC

HaRDHouSeiNC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, Im not sure if this is posted yet, but if anyone has the Grey / White / Green Smart Phone
Sim card and is looking to upgrade their phone to a new non Softbank HTC or other phone
requiring an APN, here it is for that SIM.

Getting MMS to work is still another beast I have yet to fully conquer.

apn carrier="SoftBank Internet"
mcc="440"
mnc="20"
apn="andglobal.softbank.ne.jp"
user="andg001softbank"
password="pumbbghkpgyybsxa"
mmsc="http://mms/"
mmsproxy="andmms.softbank.ne.jp"
mmsport="8080"
type="default,mms"
preferred="true"

NewDroid

NewDroid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Nexus S

Hi, Im not sure if this is posted yet, but if anyone has the Grey / White / Green Smart Phone
Sim card and is looking to upgrade their phone to a new non Softbank HTC or other phone
requiring an APN, here it is for that SIM.

Getting MMS to work is still another beast I have yet to fully conquer.

apn carrier="SoftBank Internet"
mcc="440"
mnc="20"
apn="andglobal.softbank.ne.jp"
user="andg001softbank"
password="pumbbghkpgyybsxa"
mmsc="http://mms/"
mmsproxy="andmms.softbank.ne.jp"
mmsport="8080"
type="default,mms"
preferred="true"

I just got a Nexus S, will these settings work in my phone? I think I have a grey sim card.

cknaveed

cknaveed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Huawei u8150

:) I am starting this topic for those of you who are like I was, using Softbank in Japan and have no clue how to setup Internet (pakehoudai) and MMS for Softbank.

will start with the easier part - setting up APN for Internet Connection:
1. Go to Settings > Wireless Controls > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
2. Long press empty space or press menu and select Add New APN
3. For internet input:

• APN: open.softbank.ne.jp
  • Port: 8080
  • Username:opensoftbank
  • Password:ebMNuX1FIHg9d3DA
  • MMSC: <not set>
  • MMS proxy: <not set>
  • MMS port: <not set>
  • APN type: default
In order to use that you should have a data-plan package like pakehoudai (paketto sihoudai) or you risk to get a huge bill in the end of month.

4. For MMS set a new APN just like you did for Internet, but with settings below:
  • APN: mailwebservice.softbank.ne.jp
  • Port: <not set>
  • Username:softbank
  • Password:qceffknarlurqgbl
  • MMS proxy: sbmmsproxy.softbank.ne.jp
  • MMS port: 8080
  • APN type: mms
That alone will not magically make your MMS work, because Softbank checks for UserAgent when sending / receiving MMS. So you will need to install a custom Mms.apk attached to this post.
5. Install Android SDK on your PC
6. Root your device (AT YOUR OWN RISK! please search for instructions for your specific device on this forum.)
7. open command prompts (Start > Run > cmd) connect your device with USB cable and execute following commands:

That's it. Custom Mms.apk combined with correct APN should do the trick and you are able to send/receive MMS with Softbank.
MMS.zip is for Donut - tested and working on Acer Liquid / Android 1.6 and HTC Hero / Android 1.5
MmsEclair.zip is for Liquid Android 2.1 (tested on LCR, Vache all versions) Do not forget to ODEX after pushing if needed otherwise you fill have a Force Close error.
Mms8.zip is for Liquid and Desire on Android 2.1 (tested on Liquid only LCR, Vache all versions) THIS IS THE LATEST most feature rich and error-free version. Do not forget to ODEX after pushing if needed otherwise you fill have a Force Close error. (Credit to Jake for empty messages fix))
:)

Note: for MMSEclair and Mms8.zip, you have yo go to Messages>Settings>UserAgent and select a user agent. I am using 708SC and it works fine.

Note2: Fot those of you who have black SIMs - the correct APN is below:
Thanks to merkhant!

Can anybody please respond ?

http://android.modac...t-wont-show-up/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users