Acer Liquid Kernel Source - Here it is

Guest chingy1788

Guest Mantisen

Happy days for Liquid users :) I've been looking into getting my gf a Liquid (I have a Nexus One myself) since her LG KS20 WinMo phone is s*** and seeing how this should give ROM developing a fair boost it's probably decided now B)

Guest behnaam
no defconfig is present under /arch/$ARCH in kernel source maxisma. Not even a arch/$ARCH folder is present, seems acer dont want us to build anything

defconfig file that was generated is very poor and doesnt seem correct at all, time to contact acer again and ask what the hell they are doing.

Guest amdnikos
defconfig file that was generated is very poor and doesnt seem correct at all, time to contact acer again and ask what the hell they are doing.

i wish you good luck on this and i hope to get fixed.

Guest liquid_it

and what about config.gz? did you manage to find it? i'm still looking for it.

Guest maxisma
I guess you could use /arch/arm/configs/acer-q8k-a1-dvt_defconfig or acer-q8k-a1-evt_defconfig (don't know the differences).

Compiled successfully with 1 GHz, but can't test atm as I'm busy. Will do tomorrow.

I'll include TUN, netfilter & compcache too :)

I'll try to port MT too..

Edited by maxisma

Guest Faithfullsdv
Compiled successfully with 1 GHz, but can't test atm as I'm busy. Will do tomorrow.

I'll include TUN, netfilter & compcache too :)

Great!!! B)

Thanks for our Work!!! I appreciate your efforts...

Faith

Guest liquid_it
I guess you could use /arch/arm/configs/acer-q8k-a1-dvt_defconfig or acer-q8k-a1-evt_defconfig (don't know the differences).

guess you're right.. By the way dvt stands for desing verification testing, the testing stage that usually comes after evt (engineering v.t.) on early prototypes.

So, according to the config, the Liquid uses an auo touchscreen. The driver is drivers/input/touchscreen/auo_ts.c

This driver doesn't support multitouch properly (looking at the synaptics driver in android 2.1, this shouldn't be too hard to implement), but it looks like the panel does (the driver just returns the mid point between the two touches), here's the interesting code:

if (!finger2_pressed) {

/* No multitouch -- force width to zero */;

width = 0;

x = coord[0][0];

y = coord[0][1];

} else {

/* (x,y) coords for multitouch are at midpt between fingers */

x = (coord[0][0] + coord[1][0]) / 2;

y = (coord[0][1] + coord[1][1]) / 2;

/* Report the width according to the abs distance of x-axis */

width = abs((coord[0][0] - coord[1][0]));

}

So is my assessment correct? I don't have a Liquid (thinking about getting one, but I'd like to have Android 2.1 and multitouch, and I might as well wait for the black version), so I can't test this, but could a dev see if the coordinates returned here are actually correct?

So, according to the config, the Liquid uses an auo touchscreen. The driver is drivers/input/touchscreen/auo_ts.c

This driver doesn't support multitouch properly (looking at the synaptics driver in android 2.1, this shouldn't be too hard to implement), but it looks like the panel does (the driver just returns the mid point between the two touches), here's the interesting code:

if (!finger2_pressed) {

/* No multitouch -- force width to zero */;

width = 0;

x = coord[0][0];

y = coord[0][1];

} else {

/* (x,y) coords for multitouch are at midpt between fingers */

x = (coord[0][0] + coord[1][0]) / 2;

y = (coord[0][1] + coord[1][1]) / 2;

/* Report the width according to the abs distance of x-axis */

width = abs((coord[0][0] - coord[1][0]));

}

So is my assessment correct? I don't have a Liquid (thinking about getting one, but I'd like to have Android 2.1 and multitouch, and I might as well wait for the black version), so I can't test this, but could a dev see if the coordinates returned here are actually correct?

Yes, I confirm that the returned point is the midpt, so the panel can handle multitouch.

Interesting 1 Ghz and 1.2 GHz stuff:

kernel\arch\arm\mach-msm\acpuclock-8x50.c

switch (tcsr_spare2 & 0xF0) {

case 0x70:

max_acpu_khz = 768000;

break;

case 0x30:

case 0x00:

max_acpu_khz = 998400;

break;

case 0x10:

max_acpu_khz = 1267200;

break;

default:

pr_warning("Invalid efuse data (%x) on Max ACPU freq!\n",

tcsr_spare2);

goto skip_efuse_fixup;

}
Seems that ACER has done some tests with 1.2GHz (case 0x10) :) Although that kHz is not visible in the clkctl_acpu_speed acpu_freq_tbl[] array, so it cannot be enabled in config without modification kernel\arch\arm\configs\acer-q8k-a1-evt_defconfig
CONFIG_MSM_CPU_FREQ_MAX=768000

I guess maxisma already swapped this value to 998400? B)

It is already available. I have a black version. I bought it from expansys.bg

Not where I live, not with decent warranty anyway.

Yes, I confirm that the returned point is the midpt, so the panel can handle multitouch.

Thanks!

Can apps on Android 1.6 (e.g. Dolphin browser) support multitouch, or do they need 2.0 for that?

Edited by Nkx

great works !! try to enable multitouch!!!!! is the most important thing so far

and will be important to increase touch sensibility!!! let's make this dreams men!!!

Edited by erto90

Guest mirox3m
Can apps on Android 1.6 (e.g. Dolphin browser) support multitouch, or do they need 2.0 for that?

Dolphin requires ether 2.0 and up, or Lucke's multitouch mod that Cyanogen uses for his 1.5 and 1.6 builds.