3 replies to this topic

kevinpwhite

kevinpwhite

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Devices:Toshiba TG01, e830, HTC 710
I have noticed a tendency for the Camera to repeatedly start / re-start by itself when Pictures & Video is opened (or the camera is deliberately started and then you go back to Pics & Video).

Thus when trying to browse / select an image eg. for a screen background from elsewhere under the OS or another application, it becomes impossible to stay in the picture browser as the camera pops up very few seconds. Hit 'Close' X top right and it goes away momentarily but as soon as you start to use P&V again, the Windows spinning balls reappear and back comes the camera...

Has anyone else expereinced this phonomena and if so, request advise any further understanding / fix ?

When this started initially, I cured with an HR but has re-surfaced; I'm thinking is triggered by some other App software interaction, but as yet not pursued detailed diagnosis.

Regards,

Kevin

Edited by kevinpwhite, 02 February 2010 - 08:23 AM.

adzman808

adzman808

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak TG01 HD2 CBR600RR7
  • Twitter:@adzman808
Hi Kevin,

can't help much i'm afarid....

my HD2 work phone has started doing something vaguely similar (well the oeprsite actually - when you pres the camera button the camera arrives, briefly & then closes again - it refuses to stay open for more than about 2 secs)

i traced this down to SPB shell 3.5, so perhaps this is a clue to your problem.... (if you have a SPB product installed)

SPB backup has been variable on my TG as well.... Didn't try Shell 3.5 on the TG tho (don't need it on my own phone)

good luck

===============================================================================

Cheers

- Toshiba TG01
- HTC HD2
- Dell Streak
- CBR600RR7

such a noob, i'm greener than the android icon!!

bib*oops

bib*oops

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Devices:tg01,touch2, ex.ipaq6915
I'm not sure ,but something related of happened to me...(or not?!!).
Let's talk about...

kevinpwhite

kevinpwhite

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Devices:Toshiba TG01, e830, HTC 710

...i traced this down to SPB shell 3.5, so perhaps this is a clue to your problem.... (if you have a SPB product installed)

SPB backup has been variable on my TG as well.... Didn't try Shell 3.5 on the TG tho (don't need it on my own phone)

Adam,

I think almsot certain is one or more apps not playing nicely with each other.... I have Mobile Shell 3.5.3 running; the first time I noticed the issue was after having tried out a number of different apps on top of my 'gold build' to that point; have since added other (Ithink stable) apps to that GB but then again been playing about with different apps and settings, etc. Looks like I need to roll back to the last GB and see if it is still there. BTW I'm using Sprite Backup - have read elsewhere of problems with that but I've found absolutely fine apart from that it won't successfully retain / apply the SIM unlock PIN when restarting.

Regards,

Kevin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users