TG01 Pictues & Video / Camera Interferance

Guest kevinpwhite

Guest kevinpwhite

I have noticed a tendency for the Camera to repeatedly start / re-start by itself when Pictures & Video is opened (or the camera is deliberately started and then you go back to Pics & Video).

Thus when trying to browse / select an image eg. for a screen background from elsewhere under the OS or another application, it becomes impossible to stay in the picture browser as the camera pops up very few seconds. Hit 'Close' X top right and it goes away momentarily but as soon as you start to use P&V again, the Windows spinning balls reappear and back comes the camera...

Has anyone else expereinced this phonomena and if so, request advise any further understanding / fix ?

When this started initially, I cured with an HR but has re-surfaced; I'm thinking is triggered by some other App software interaction, but as yet not pursued detailed diagnosis.

Regards,

Kevin

Edited by kevinpwhite

Guest adzman808

Hi Kevin,

can't help much i'm afarid....

my HD2 work phone has started doing something vaguely similar (well the oeprsite actually - when you pres the camera button the camera arrives, briefly & then closes again - it refuses to stay open for more than about 2 secs)

i traced this down to SPB shell 3.5, so perhaps this is a clue to your problem.... (if you have a SPB product installed)

SPB backup has been variable on my TG as well.... Didn't try Shell 3.5 on the TG tho (don't need it on my own phone)

good luck

Guest kevinpwhite
...i traced this down to SPB shell 3.5, so perhaps this is a clue to your problem.... (if you have a SPB product installed)

SPB backup has been variable on my TG as well.... Didn't try Shell 3.5 on the TG tho (don't need it on my own phone)

Adam,

I think almsot certain is one or more apps not playing nicely with each other.... I have Mobile Shell 3.5.3 running; the first time I noticed the issue was after having tried out a number of different apps on top of my 'gold build' to that point; have since added other (Ithink stable) apps to that GB but then again been playing about with different apps and settings, etc. Looks like I need to roll back to the last GB and see if it is still there. BTW I'm using Sprite Backup - have read elsewhere of problems with that but I've found absolutely fine apart from that it won't successfully retain / apply the SIM unlock PIN when restarting.

Regards,

Kevin