21/May r15 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - EPF30 Eclair

Guest PaulOBrien

n1mcr21screenie1.pngn1mcr21screenie2.pngn1mcr21screenie3.png

I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Google Nexus One! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. :D

About MoDaCo Custom ROMs

MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.

Requirements

In order to use this ROM on your device, you must have a custom recovery image installed. You can read more about how to install a CRI on your device in this topic.

Features

• Based on the EPF30 release
  • Rooted with Superuser 2.1 by ChainsDD
  • Built with the MCR build process which reduces the size and boosts the speed of the ROM
  • Teknologist's Custom Kernel (TCK 0.8). This is based on the official .33 repositories, with only minor tweaks. The ROM is undervolted only for low frequencies in line with Qualcomm's recommendations. :(
  • Rooted boot image with 'adb remount' permission and superuser APK
  • busybox with Droid Explorer support
  • terminfo and settings in boot.img to allow nano etc. use
  • HTC Sense Live Wallpapers
  • Jbed Java
  • OpenVPN binary
  • Updated Google Maps
  • Coloured trackball notifications and Trackball alert compatible
  • HTC_IME to jonasl's v25, based on my Desire leak
  • System dalvik-cache moved to /cache partition
  • MCR version displayed in 'About' screen
  • Optional dropbear (SSH server, username 'root, port 2222, password displayed in 'About' screen)
  • Optional A2SD and A2SD+ via the online kitchen
  • Optional JIT r2 by gr0gmint via the online kitchen
  • Optional baked in Wavesecure via the online kitchen (installed to system partition for maximum security)
  • Optional WiFi Status indicator
  • De-odexed for you themers out there!

Please see 2 posts below this one for the changes in each release.

Installation

To install this ROM:
    • Ensure you have a custom recovery image installed (see 'requirements' above)
    • Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card
    • Restart your device in recovery mode (power on with the volume down button held and select 'Recovery')
    • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
    • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card
    • Upgrading

No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM, however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.

Downloads

This ROM is now available in the online kitchen - see the post below for details! In addition to the kitchen, 3 prebaked downloads are available - a version with the default set of MoDaCo additions, a version with the default set of MoDaCo additions and Chinese input and a version with no optional additions at all.

Included in default additions - Spare Parts, Titanium Backup, WaveSecure, WiFi Status Indicator, Wireless Tether, Wired Tether, Dropbear
      Excluded from default additions (install via online kitchen) - Desire Camera, HTC Chinese IME, Development Tools, A2SD, A2SD+, Alternate APN List, JIT, BFS Enabled Kernel, Radio Image

- r15 with default MoDaCo additions - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: f41f9811e2630297f05dd9bd978a81ee

- r15 with default MoDaCo additions and A2SD - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: a2b515794560719d64996b33ffac31e1

- r15 with default MoDaCo additions and Chinese input - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 9f3038a204686ca906043f6abfd652fe

- r15 without default MoDaCo additions - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 1d0080c1f6eb36ddae3b8fee67db9242

Please note that the download links implement referring checking to avoid deep-linking. If you are redirected to the MoDaCo homepage when you download, try 'right click save as', disabling ad blocking / no script or if all else fails try an alternative browser.

Discussion

Do you want to jump into the discussion at the point the current version was released? Then start at this post! :D

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

And finally...

If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus account, both of which also give you early access to Beta ROM releases and access to the the online kitchens.

Enjoy! ;)

P

Changelog

r15

• Rebuilt from EPF30
  • Added optional JIT r2 by gr0gmint to the kitchen
  • Updated A2SD and A2SD+
  • Updated WaveSecure
  • Updated Titanium Backup
  • Updated to Jonasl's HTC_IME r25
  • Updated Trackball Alert Pro support
  • Desire camera is now optional
  • Updated to Superuser 2.1 by ChainsDD
    • Patched HTC_CIME Chinese Input added
    • Prebaked download with HTC_CIME added
    • Updated WaveSecure
    • Updated Titanium Backup
    • Updated to Jonasl's HTC_IME r24 (kitchen only currently).
      • New naming scheme and new standardised MCR topic format
      • TCK 0.8
      • Jbed Java
      • Updated Desire camera (r2)
        • Updated HTC IME to jonasl's version 18
        • New su and Superuser APK
        • Important update to dalvik-cache to /cache
        • RIL update

[*]Added Sense UI Live Wallpaper (thanks Stericson + secret source!)

[*]Updated HTC IME to jonasl's version 16, made optional in kitchen

[*]Updated Titanium Backup

[*]Reverted Maps to stock version - for non US navigation check out Brut's patched version.

[*]Made Calculator optional in the kitchen

[*]Removed Google Gesture Search (as it is now available in all territories)

[*]Added Trackball notification options to the kitchen

[*]Now using EPE54B RIL (fully tested)

[*]No longer includes modified services file for consecutive notifications

[*]Minor changes to trackball notification behaviour

[*]Other small fixes + tweaks

[*]Now includes Teknologist's TCK 0.7. This is based on the official .33 repositories, with only minor tweaks. The ROM is undervolted only for frequencies <= 256MHz frequency and tweaks the capacitive buttons slightly (thanks kmobs), it uses the CFS I/O scheduler. A BFS enabled option is also available for you bleeding-edgers out there ;)

[*]Maps 4 port by Brut preinstalled which adds multitouch and non US navigation (both tested)

[*]De-odexed for you themers out there!

[*]Now stores dalvik-cache on /cache (thanks Cyanogen for the idea!)

[*]Includes Native Trackball Colors 2-25 and Trackball notifications in succession 0.4

[*]Added more configuration options to the kitchen

[*]Added SIM toolkit application

[*]Updated HTC_IME to jonasl's v12, based on my Desire leak

[*]Updated update-script to be more friendly for A2SD users

[*]Updated A2SD script

[*]Added Gesture Search as an option in the kitchen (for those who live in territories where it is not yet available in the Market)

[*]Other minor tweaks and updates

Guest bobtentpeg

You seem to have an error in the symlink name

Copying files...

minzip: Extracted file "/data/dropbear/.ssh/placeholder"

minzip: Extracted file "/data/local/resolv.conf"

minzip: Extracted file "/data/xbin/rsync"

minzip: Extracted file "/data/xbin/set_resolvconf"

calling command symlink

E:Can't symlink /system/xbin/[

E:Failure at line 6:

symlink busybox SYSTEM:xbin/[

Installation aborted.

I'm using in Itally with h3g, ok ere27 + mcr 1.5. I notice again some call drops, but I think that it's again a problem in the 3g basic firmware problem (radio).

What do you think about it?

So who's using? Working OK?

P

Guest sthoeft

I'm using it. Seems quite satble, but got one sudden reset (without doing anything, the phone was at the power plug and logged into my WiFi network). Also get some FCs during startup (Handysend SMS, AppManager) and mounting the SD after reset takes quite a while.

I've been using since you released it and it's looking GREAT for me =) I keep checking online all day.

Question: what programs/apps/whatever are out there to take advantage of the himem unlock?

and just to reiterate, I've had no problems since using this custom ROM, but I'm just an everyday user, not a programmer or anything.

Thanks Paul!

EDIT ::: I forgot to ask about "AUDIOFILTER." I don't really know what it is but if I attempt to use the "Louder Volume Hack" it tells me that i did not pass the compatibility test because of that audiofilter. I assume this is the case, but is that something you would have to implement?

Edited by bakano

Guest Mantisen

Just checking; when you say you need to have ERE27 it doesnt matter if you have ERE27 + HighMem SuperBoot before applying the MCR right?

EDIT: The easiest way was of course to test it out and I can confirm it works superb. ;) Thanks alot

Edited by Mantisen

All working perfectly here - nice work. ;)

Apart from some problems appearing on O2's network to receive calls, but I think that's still a radio problem...

heyy!!

So I originally assumed this to be a radio problem, but I'm not 120% convinced yet... a few times today the network connection just went out. It showed that I still had connection, and nothing showed up on the phone; text messages just stopped sending/receiving. I had a friend call me and it just rang rang rang rang until voicemail, but nothing on my end. I pulled the battery and put it back in, and it began to work again. So it happened just now, and I thought hmmmmm if i just turn the radio off... so anyway, I used my 2G "battery saver" box to to use 3G again, and voila! it turned off the radio, turned it back on and now it's working

so idk where the problem lies, but I just thought that I would mention it.

P.S. does checking the "Only use 2G Networks" box really save a noticeable amount of battery life.....?

Guest Matthew Long

Great build so far!! A found a small bug that happens to reboot the phone every once in a while. It happens when tethered, wired or wireless, and connected through USB, listing to the music stored on the SDcard with a music player. The solution - don't listen to music through the usb, and have wired or wireless tethering turned on.

Any suggestions as to what might be causing this?

Thanks,

Guest Mantisen
P.S. does checking the "Only use 2G Networks" box really save a noticeable amount of battery life.....?

I recently had a chance of testing this when I was in Italy (the roaming costs in Europe are like $4 per MB or higher :D) and yes it saves a huge amount of battery! Though I did have sync, wlan and gps turned off aswell most of the time ;)

Guest Formel-LMS

Am I right:

Installing Pauls Stock ROM and Updating with this here gives me an MoDaCo ROM as known last from Hero?

I don't know....shall I wait for Online Kitchen for Complete MCR ROM...? Now I'm with latest Cyanogen.