[ROM] Modded 2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1

Guest maxisma

Guest Juan_OX

Thanks, now i know what is my trouble.

I overwrite my settings.apk whith one original downloaded from xda, and this one is in english!!! So it appears at the bottom of the apps menu!!!

in Spanish, the settings icon is called "Ajustes", and in english is calling "Settings". for this reason i thinked that the icon was missed.

Now i have an original settings.apk but in spanish!!! (and if it have the 2.0 icon, besto of the best)...

Thanks, now i know what is my trouble.

I overwrite my settings.apk whith one original downloaded from xda, and this one is in english!!! So it appears at the bottom of the apps menu!!!

in Spanish, the settings icon is called "Ajustes", and in english is calling "Settings". for this reason i thinked that the icon was missed.

Now i have an original settings.apk but in spanish!!! (and if it have the 2.0 icon, besto of the best)...

Here it is

Settings_2.000.16_malez_v1.1.apk

settings200016malezv11.jpg

Original widget style with 2.0 icons

http://rapidshare.com/files/350121505/Sett..._malez_v1.1.apk

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AN54QNDF

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OW3A7NP4

Guest Juan_OX

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit:

PERFECT! classic widget with themes icon, and have spanish!!! hihihi!!! Thanks again!!

Edited by Juan_OX

Well back to this ROM, it's the fastest and less power consuming so far for me.

Just use Drigerott's launcher theme and GlassLiquid's dialer(I think...).

Edited by F_J_P

Guest krumbalu
If it comes to theming, U need to fix annoying thing, when launcher is up, I see House, which has dots in background :s

yep that's true for me too need to fix that house problem :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest verser233

I have a problem, hope someone can help me:

So this rom works like a charm, very fast, stable, except one thing: email.

My problem is that i did all settings with my email addresses (not gmail, they are my own business email boxes), and when i start to check the new emails, the system download all of new email, but they are display only 1 sec, and after then they are all disappear, so i have no time at all to watch them or delete them or something......

I don't know why............

So now, i can't use email at all. But, if i download k9 mail app, it works properly, just actually i don't like that too much like the built one.

And another thing:

If i use another rom, which is based on android 2.1, there the built-in email app works well! But i go back to android 1.6, email does not work anymore .-(

Can anyone help me, please?

I did factory reset too, but nothing happened.........

Edited by verser233

Guest Liquidini

quick question.

if i have a stock 2.000.16 that i have made my settings and make a nandroid backup.

then i flash the modded 2.000.16 rom and restore my backup everything will be ok?

Guest amdnikos
quick question.

if i have a stock 2.000.16 that i have made my settings and make a nandroid backup.

then i flash the modded 2.000.16 rom and restore my backup everything will be ok?

yep.

Guest malez
quick question.

If your goal is to return back to your original unmodded 2.000.16, that will. If your goal is to restore your data into the modded rom, that won't but that can maybe be done with a few extra steps.

Guest Liquidini
If your goal is to restore your data into the modded rom, that won't but that can maybe be done with a few extra steps.

yes my goal is this.hope there arent too many steps :(

Guest malez
yes my goal is this.hope there arent too many steps :(

The more reliable way is to backup each of your application with titanium backup, and then restore them.

The other way (that might not work but worth a try) is to do a nandroid backup of your current system, then upgrade, then delete all files in sdcard : nandroid/recovery directory except data.img and keep only data.img line in md5sum file. Then do a nandroid restore. After that, in recovery, do a dalvik cache wipe.

Let us know

Guest Liquidini

Holldddddddd your horses :(

i will brick it for sure.

I think i will first try to flash the rom over this one.

i just want the email logins , contacts to be restored. wouldnt the nandroid restore be enough?

just asking :(

i will try it and tell you the results in an hour

Guest rrunner1

After using Evils 2.1 release for a while I reflashed this ROM, and everything is working great and very fast!

I miss 1 thing: the corpcal.apk which seems to provide exchange server support. Anybody has a version that works with the 1.6 ROM and is willing to share?

Thanks!

Erik