[Bootscreen] TV channel search HTC or MoDaCo editions

Guest tristan202

Guest tristan202

I usually start by making some sort of graphics in a photoeditor, and then proceed into my video editing suite. (Adobe Photoshop + Sony Vegas). I then render it as a lossless avi, and use VirtualDub to convert that to an animated gif. Some of the screens are made frame by frame in Gimp, ie my MCR bootscreen, where I had to edit the waving android in frame by frame.

I may go on to other methods, I just use what seems the best thing for the job.

this is simply amazing. you have some serious skills there, keep up the good work.

just a quick idea: something where we can look at the inner guts of our hero being powered up would be nice, like illuminating some circuits one after the other would be cool ;)

Guest tristan202
this is simply amazing. you have some serious skills there, keep up the good work.

just a quick idea: something where we can look at the inner guts of our hero being powered up would be nice, like illuminating some circuits one after the other would be cool ;)

Good idea kendon, I will see what I can do.

Guest tristan202

Something like this maybe? This is of course just a quick draft.

internals.gif

Edited by tristan202

Something like this maybe? This is of course just a quick draft.

internals.gif

well, i was thinking more like a platine layout that fits the screen exactly, and then power up (light up) one circuit after the other, and maybe make some of the IC's light up or something... like if it is powering up part by part... i have to admit that it might be a good piece of work though ;)

Guest CitizenLee

Very nice work tristan202! I'm going to give this a try now.

I really like the circuit board one too, would be great see that one released as well ;)

Cheers,

Lee

Guest CitizenLee
Hy!

Its possible to make it for me without the modaco logo?

Thx

I was wondering this too.

I've been rebooting my phone quite often today (finally got around to changing t-mo splash) and I love the 1st bit but I find the Android guy a little over bearing after a while.

Would it be possible to replace it with something like the standard htc screen (the last one you normally see before the phone actually starts) or the Hero one with the little Android guy hiding behind the letter that loads before it?

I'd also love to see the circuit board version posted above made into a working bootscreen.

No worries if not though, and thanks again for the effort you've put into helping us pimp our phones ;)

Edited by CitizenLee

Updated.

lol, just tried out your other bootscreen, the light edited original. how cool would it be if it could vibrate when the text is blurred? :D

if you keep that stuff coming i wil write a script that rotates the bootscreen after every boot, so you get a new one with every boot ;)