heelpp acr download tool failed flashing 2.000.16

Guest natostanco

Guest natostanco

from angio custom rom v1.2 i tried to flash 2.00016 with acr download tool. It failed and said "can remove usb cable, restoration is needed"

I remove usb, tried to start and was stuck with a black screen. Then removed battery, restart trying booting the recovery, and it stucked with written "verify..."

removed battery, now from a normal start it keeps vibrating and with the 3 external icon/lights flashing till I remove battery again. If try lickon recovery it still stucks with "verify" , or maybe I have just to wait?

What I have to do? enter bootloader and flash something?

help!

Ps: sorry for my bad english.

Edited by natostanco

Guest natostanco

pushing camera or camera+power connected without battery doesn't work, it doesn't enter in bootloader mode, other ways?

does the fact that if:

try to start the device

connect it to usb

try start lickon recovery,

it keeps vibrating and flashing the 3 icons mean something particular? Because is the only thing it can do now >_>

btw it doesn't vibrate and flash always, if i remove the battery 2 times consecutively it will boot with a black screen, and if i connect without battery the device twice to the usb cable, the second time the battery image will appear, but still can't go in bootloader mode, and the second/third time to run lickon it stucks with the word "verify..." what does that mean...?

Edited by natostanco

Guest emerald7086

if you could got into screens showing something such as text, then connect the machine to the Acer Download Tool to check if the status is "connected".

If yes, flash the rom again, at least you would have a working phone ;)

Guest designgears

Do it like this, turn your phone completely off... pull the battery out and put it back in if you have to...

Now, with the battery in, and the cable UNPLUGGED;

press volume up + camera + power - wait for your phone to vibrate twice and release the buttons, the screen will be black

Take the battery out, plug in the cable while the battery is out, put the battery in - within a few seconds it should go into bootload mode.

Edited by designgears

Guest natostanco
Do it like this, turn your phone completely off... pull the battery out and put it back in if you have to...

Now, with the battery in, and the cable UNPLUGGED;

press volume up + camera + power - wait for your phone to vibrate twice and release the buttons, the screen will be black

Take the battery out, plug in the cable while the battery is out, put the battery in - within a few seconds it should go into bootload mode.

well, phone vibrates twice when press volumeup+comera+power, but when plug the cable in the phone just vibrates and flashes ;)

btw a news, when it's connected and it's vibrating, starting acr download tool it says it's connected (AMSS) so i start the app, it updates amss, dunno what it means, that download on the phone a thing called dsp1...(while the phone still vibrates) then when has finished dsp1 the phone stop vibrate, appears the battery image, acr download tool stucks with the "not connected" message while it doesn't say that it's possible to remove usb cable... so i can't do anything else -> remove the cable -> the image battery stucks -> remove battery -> return the to initial problem

BTW if connect the phone without battery, then add battery and remove cable, it always stuck with the battery image -> is it totally gone? >_>

@malez if back means volume down, it doesn't work too.

Seems that only when it's off it can recognize the buttons like

power -> start black screen

volume up + power + camera -> vibrate twice but nothin happens

volume down + power + camera -> vibrate three times but recovery stucks with word "verify..."

Edited by natostanco

Guest natostanco
wondering if you had completely downloaded the .bin file....it should be 120mb.

120 MB (126.109.095 bytes)

it is complete.

is the phone bricked at this point? :/

maybe I could half-flash the stock rom as said before and call for assistance...bah

Edited by natostanco

Guest navygino
120 MB (126.109.095 bytes)

it is complete.

is the phone bricked at this point? :/

maybe I could half-flash the stock rom as said before and call for assistance...bah

...well...it supposed that whatever method you use,

once can switch on the phone and connect to the acer tool,

you should be able to flash again...

Can you get into recovery mode?

Plug in USB, press Vol up + Cam + power

Can you see the triangle screen?

Edited by navygino

Guest natostanco

i said that when i enter in recovery mode it stucks with the word "verify..."

when i plug the usb cable in, whatever buttons combination i press doesn't give any response.

then i can't see any triangle screen

Guest three_pineapples

by back i think he means one of the soft keys on the front of the phone! (didn't know they were sensed, but i guess it makes sense that they would be once power is pressed!)

Guest navygino
i said that when i enter in recovery mode it stucks with the word "verify..."

when i plug the usb cable in, whatever buttons combination i press doesn't give any response.

then i can't see any triangle screen

Have you try to remove your sd card first?

Guest natostanco

camera+power+back nothing, back isn't never enlighted.

without sd card, it's the same keep vibrating and flashing without usb cable, verify with recovery and with cable it just suck with the image battery.

it's gone...

Guest 5Strogino

I faced with same problem. But solved it:

- I used Acer Tool and flash old 1.008 stock ROM (i didn't remember 1.008 or other 1.00X)

- Then i flashed 2.000.3

- Then i flashed 2.000.5

- And next flashed 2.000.16 (after first steps it flashed successfully)

- Then i flashed maxsima modded ROM

I think - you can play with ROMs and skip 1 or 2 steps.

Back button is the < button on front of the phone.

One in bootloader you can try to boot in recovery mode directy from a recovery img stored in you local PC directory with

fastboot -i 0x0502 boot recovery.img, it should work

I encoutered also an error entreing recovery mode as I had put a wrong system image on phone.

Solution was to put back a good system.img and boot.img (with fastboot flash) , then did a nandroid restore to test and it was good.

You can also try to flash with this images wich works (2.000.16_emea_gen1 custom by maxisma).

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L646Z2AC (don't use boot image stored in, just system.img)

http://www.mediafire.com/?dztoznyvtzz (use THIS boot.img)

I'am testing it at the moment and it works. (I never used acer tool, so my baseband must be older than yours but that's not a problem)

Guest Solidhound
from angio custom rom v1.2 i tried to flash 2.00016 with acr download tool. It failed and said "can remove usb cable, restoration is needed"

I remove usb, tried to start and was stuck with a black screen. Then removed battery, restart trying booting the recovery, and it stucked with written "verify..."

removed battery, now from a normal start it keeps vibrating and with the 3 external icon/lights flashing till I remove battery again. If try lickon recovery it still stucks with "verify" , or maybe I have just to wait?

What I have to do? enter bootloader and flash something?

help!

Ps: sorry for my bad english.

if u can enter the 3 green man screen, don't worry, use adt to flash again. yesterday I failed at the boot(the step at 1/5), then ADT dispalyed faild, then I try to flash again, succeed.

Guest natostanco

1- I CAN'T enter in bootloader pressing any kind of keys cuz it stuck with vibrations.

2- I don't see any 3 green man screen. The only thing that appear on the screen is the word "verify..." when try recovery and the big battery image when connected to usb.

the fact that i can't enter bootloader means I can't use commands like fastboot -i 0x0502 boot... so i can't flash anykind of rom. The only thing that APPARENTLY work is the acer download tool, in the sense that when connected with usb and when he is fully vibrating, acr says it's connected, so i can start flashing a rom till always arrive after updated amss and other things to dsp1 and it stucks there, and never succede in flafhing rom; but in these times it doesn't even say that is possible to remove usb, it just STUCK saying "not connected" while the phone stop vibrating and appear the battery image, in reality the phone is stucked too because once i remove usb cable the battery image remain till i remove the battery or do a soft reset...

So the end is no bootloader -> bricked

Edited by natostanco