benchmarking rom's Performance test

Guest g3n3ral

Guest corpisa
W00t!!

Thanks Bro :mellow:

De nada Shokka9,

And guess what, it looks like it´s getting better every hour !!!!

This bench mark test is very subjective but just judging by this number this build is right up there with new ones and you stopped at shkv23 and this is only shkv17 <_< so one of these days I´ll take shkv23 for a spin...

slds,

post-209926-1268346824_thumb.png

Edited by corpisa

Guest jms2367
De nada Shokka9,

This bench mark test is very subjective but just judging by this number this build is right up there with new ones and you stopped at shkv23 and this is only shkv17 <_< so one of these days I´ll take shkv23 for a spin...

slds,

wow! 304 for shokka's v17! agree that there are many factors affecting this benchmark test but i have to say that shokka's roms is really great (because of the chef). :mellow:

Guest corpisa
wow! 304 for shokka's v17! agree that there are many factors affecting this benchmark test but i have to say that shokka's roms is really great (because of the chef). :(

304.5051 <_< so judging by latest ranking for old UI is right up there...

#218XX

304 ock_21889_UltraLitev2.zip

303 PDhee_i900Omnia_21891.5.0.88_Lite_beta1

307 PDhee_i900Omnia_21892_Lite_beta2 ( sleep bug )

303 PDhee_i900Omnia_21889_M2D_beta2

but, like many had said here, numbers really don´t mean that much, its how you feel the rom performs and for example with the newer builds I have been testing lately I never got after a soft reset 40% on htc task manager, they were always around 46% 47% and even with a bunch of stuff open on a rom fully loaded with apps (even Microsoft recite which I just found out it´s not supported anymore) there is no way to make it crack.

So see the numbers up there is good but I would not recommend anyone to try a rom just base on this benchmark results as they are a lot of others things that come into play. I heard someone saying the other day that certain rom was lighting fast because it took less than 2 or 3 seconds to open the windows folder on file explorer so if I were to take that into consideration this is by far the fastest rom I had ever tried at the moment :mellow:

post-209926-1268350748_thumb.png

post-209926-1268350753_thumb.png

post-209926-1268350760_thumb.png

Edited by corpisa

Guest shokka9
De nada Shokka9,

slds,

Please do bro!!

Be kinda funny if my ROMs were faster than whats being served up at the moment.

:mellow:

Keep up the good work jota!

Guest raaj13

khaunchai 21928 2nd test(lower then the first tests). The highest one being with xpuscalar set at 472mhz if that works(it sets the speed to 624mhz i think).the lower one being without it.The one being with titanium enabled.The m2d test is a suprise being a bit better then the titanium test.few more test to go through.

post-591747-1268407274_thumb.jpg

post-591747-1268407404_thumb.jpg

post-591747-1268412466_thumb.jpg

post-591747-1268412493_thumb.jpg

post-591747-1268412921_thumb.jpg

post-591747-1268412951_thumb.jpg

post-591747-1268412999_thumb.jpg

post-591747-1268414191_thumb.jpg

Edited by raaj13

Guest raaj13

now the testing it with running apps.

titanium enabled.9 programs running(opera mobile 10 beta 3,opera mobile 9.5,zenonia,resco explorer,streaming player,corecodec player,file explorer,ucweb and media album). The fastest being again with xcpuscalar.

post-591747-1268416422_thumb.jpg

post-591747-1268416448_thumb.jpg

post-591747-1268416475_thumb.jpg

post-591747-1268416501_thumb.jpg

post-591747-1268416524_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
Guest jms2367

Haven't flashed my phone for quite some time now. decided to try (again) shokka's last wm6.1 rom, SHKvRC lite 20270. Benchmark result is typical wm6.1 Omnia. around 257. One of shokka's greatest. I installed Manila classic and used Shokka.s all black theme (used a different wallpaper though). a very good wm6.1 rom. Not as responsive as the more recent wm6.5 roms though but memory usage is much decent using this rom. I have 52Mb of RAM left with phone dialer and Samsung's today2 UI after a day of use.

post-624222-1275798560_thumb.jpg

post-624222-1275798666_thumb.jpg

post-624222-1275798978_thumb.jpg

post-624222-1275799182_thumb.jpg

Guest X-pro
Haven't flashed my phone for quite some time now. decided to try (again) shokka's last wm6.1 rom, SHKvRC lite 20270. Benchmark result is typical wm6.1 Omnia. around 257. One of shokka's greatest. I installed Manila classic and used Shokka.s all black theme (used a different wallpaper though). a very good wm6.1 rom. Not as responsive as the more recent wm6.5 roms though but memory usage is much decent using this rom. I have 52Mb of RAM left with phone dialer and Samsung's today2 UI after a day of use.

hehe running the same and why, because it just works :) By the way I have found no lag in responsiveness. I installed another "driver" for vibration and with spb,sense,Spam alert and s2u2 it still opens sms in 2 sek.

Guest X-pro
I think you maybe need to get the tests from at least 3 different phones, I'm sure that each phone will give different readings judging by the responses in each thread regarding speeds but then again realistically when using how much can you really notice? I flash almost everyone's ROM and most of the time can hardly see any difference in speed for same builds, just depends on whats cooked in like M2D etc. I personally think people are getting too carried away with hopes of using another rom because its 1 millionth of a second quicker than the other. My point is how many seconds faster is one ROM running compared to another doing certain tasks? :)

fully agree with you. shokka's 6.1 rom might not be as fast when benchmarking it with sk tools, but the basic functions like opening an sms is so much faster and that games, and other programs, doesn't run so fast is for me irrelevant. Gps with xbic1 is ready in 30 sek with 5 to 9 satellites. To me omnia is just a phone and basic functions should work flawless, all other things is just glimmer :) By the way, wouldn't it be nice to see what shokka could cook for the i900 with all the new thing that have happen since 20270 :)

Guest jms2367
hehe running the same and why, because it just works :) By the way I have found no lag in responsiveness. I installed another "driver" for vibration and with spb,sense,Spam alert and s2u2 it still opens sms in 2 sek.

i agree it just works. what driver did you install to improve on responsiveness? i installed touchresponse. i am still experimenting with some registry tweaks and have achieved a relatively good responsiveness now. i am comparing the responsiveness in terms of pdhee's com2 roms which are really quite responsive. the responsiveness i achieved now with shokka's rom is comparable with ock's and nick's roms.

i wonder if shokka would just cook one more rom for our omnia's.

Guest ProfJack

I think no two omnias are the same. I flashed my omnia many times with different roms from different chefs, but steff195's roms are the most stable for me. I am using his 22022 M2Dv2 rom which happens to be the fastest and the best for me so far. Transcriber is not there so if anyone knows a workaround.....?!?

The only problem I have with you chefs is you remove the transcriber which I prefer so much. I then tried to install different transcriber cabs I have but these roms simply rejects them. I respect Nicks roms because of the transcriber, but his roms drain the battery faster even with the battery fix cab installed.

However, thanks to you chefs. You are doing a great job.

Guest X-pro
i agree it just works. what driver did you install to improve on responsiveness? i installed touchresponse. i am still experimenting with some registry tweaks and have achieved a relatively good responsiveness now. i am comparing the responsiveness in terms of pdhee's com2 roms which are really quite responsive. the responsiveness i achieved now with shokka's rom is comparable with ock's and nick's roms.

i wonder if shokka would just cook one more rom for our omnia's.

first I deactivate vibration then I use touchback and after that install I use azharsunny's. It makes it more smooth, but if what you have know works, don't fix it :)

TouchBackv1_0_beta4.cab

iTouch_azharsunny_ULTRAtouch.cab

Guest jms2367
first I deactivate vibration then I use touchback and after that install I use azharsunny's. It makes it more smooth, but if what you have know works, don't fix it :)

thanks. i can't make touchback to work hence i went back to touchresponse. maybe because of some startup items i removed. shokka's rom really works and i think the rom is just settling down and i am able to get very good responsiveness and speed now.

cheers. :)

Guest X-pro
thanks. i can't make touchback to work hence i went back to touchresponse. maybe because of some startup items i removed. shokka's rom really works and i think the rom is just settling down and i am able to get very good responsiveness and speed now.

cheers. :)

ups sry notafication port 9, forgot to mention

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest jms2367

for a wm6.1 rom, benzo's 21057 lite rom is very impressive. it does 296 moves. and it is translated in the user experience. it is very fast, stable, and responsive. it is a lite rom but i added many applications already when i did the test. (posted the screen shots also at benzo's thread)

link to rom: Benzo's 21057 WM lite ROM (WM6.1)

20157benchmark.jpg20157version.jpg20157about.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest andrew.mazlim

Well, boys (and girls!), now after OCK's retirement, we - "we, the magnificent few" (i900ers) - lost ANOTHER good cheff for custom roms to flash our Omnia i900...

Only few around i900's cheffs left, by now.

So..., I think is time for us, to write down a review, for the most BEST/STABLE/FAST/BEAUTIFUL roms of all times, counting these last two years, 2009 & 2010.

What do you think about that?

We may help the "green" users (yap, there are quite some people, actually still buying i900, in these very moments) and we can help ourselves, as well.