Hows RADIO 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2

Guest Ash_786

Guest Ash_786

Hi,

As a user thats been having a lot of problems with the previous 2 radios, I was wondering how people are getting on with this one ? The problem I faced was on O2 UK the nexus picked up weak 3G signal were other phones (Nokia E71) had a Good 3G signal. My nexus is currently with HTC for them to investigate.

Thanks for the info in advance.

Ash.

Guest AndyCr15

Well, I'm not liking it. For the first time I've had connection issues. A few times this evening, when I'm at work in central London, I've lost connection. I think it was losing even phone signal, somewhere I saw a figure (in battery stats?) saying 17% of the time I had no connection.

I've just got home and only just thought to run speed test, which I scored 52kbps down and 159kbps up with a ping of 6488ms! (I'm now in North London and it went through a test server in Manchester?!?!)

I'm on Orange and I'd be interested to hear other people's experience.

Hi I am not in London, but in Guildford.

Here until 30 days ago I had an iphone and 3g with o2 did not work well for me that's why i ended up using 2g.

With my htc nexus one and t-mobile 3g doesn' t look like working well, infact i got a 58% time the phone was offilne ( you get this by settings-info about phone ), moreover it did drain my battery, I mean with a fair usage I have now 38% battery after 12 hours of usage, but it was very fair usage indeed.

Then I am trying now to use ONLY 2G to see if that helps, I mean at least for the battery.

Here 3g has not been great for the last months.

I am using the radio update which comes with ERE27

Guest PhonePersona

This is the Radio update the comes with ERE36B and I think there's an improvement.

I'm certainly getting more 3G connections than before it.

The speeds are still atrocious though

Well with the same radio things seem better today. This morning in central London I got 304kbps down and 233 up with a ping of 311.

I went back to the radio that came out with the OTA update, ERE27, and the stock ROM with himem courtesy of Modaco's online kitchen. MUCH better.

Guest teknologist
So what's the consensus? New radio, betta or badda?

One thing I think people should stop comparing is 3G quality/bandwidth between different users.

Just compare your own bandwidth results between different radios.

99% of the 3G problems with bad bandwidth come from telco's, not the phone itself. As more and more 3G devices are being sold, cell towers are saturating.

For example seems in US and UK big cities 3G quality is awful.

Here in Paris on Orange HSDPA (3G+) I get 3Mbps/3Mbps, no matter what radio I am using and no matter what time of day.

As for the latest radio I can confirm 2 things:

-Bluetooth audi quality is worst than ever (people started complaining they heard my voice with cracks, as soon as I upgraded to this radio)

-I get GSM network disconnections (not 3G specific, as even SMS fail) - fixed by toggling airplane mode

Both of the issues were immediately fixed by downgrading to the latest official radio

Guest vladu932

I'm currently using 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2 and my data connection hangs from time to time - just reboot helps to fix it.

Never had such issue with original radio rom. Now I'm trying to find my first radio (don't remember the number) in update.zip format ...

Guest dogei22

I tried the new radio for a couple of days and I could feel the battery life go down. I was down at 15% around 4pm with quite light usage when I normally can do a full day with heavier usage and still have plenty of % left. After "downgrading" to the previous ERE27 radio and I'm now back to the slower battery burn rate again...

Guest Master_Ne0

Ran a few tests myself then found this thread, here were my results.

(3 UK)

ERE36B Radio + ERE36B System = Good 3G.

ERE36B Radio + ERE27 System = Poor 3G.

ERE27 Radio + ERE27 System = Good 3G.

ERE27 Radio + ERE36B System = Poor 3G.

Guest jahmann
Ran a few tests myself then found this thread, here were my results.

(3 UK)

ERE36B Radio + ERE36B System = Good 3G.

ERE36B Radio + ERE27 System = Poor 3G.

ERE27 Radio + ERE27 System = Good 3G.

ERE27 Radio + ERE36B System = Poor 3G.

The radio version must always match the system version. (Somewhere in this forum, paul desribed this...)

Guest Cypher21

I went back to the ERE27 radio.

With the leaked one no one could hear me clearly when i was calling in the car on the BT carkit.

Since i'm calling A LOT in the car, i'd rather have that working proper then a bit better 3g reception.

So far no difference though, running CM 5.02

Guest thelucster

Since I upgraded to ERE27 my 3G has been much better. On Three in South London my download speeds have been about 10x better. I'm about to upgrade to ERE36B now...

Since I upgraded to ERE27 my 3G has been much better. On Three in South London my download speeds have been about 10x better. I'm about to upgrade to ERE36B now...

OK after update1 came out, my 3g signal got a bit better, after going to cyanogen 5.0 and using the new radio from ERE36B its been such an improvement, much much much better.

Im on tmobile UK located, essex and kent.

Thanks for your replies guys. Looks like I'm going to have to wait for another radio to come out by the looks of it !!! DAMN !

It may be worth considering if you have problems with the 3G connection whether it's a hardware issue. I was getting p***ed off with problems on both of the newest radios, and returned my N1 to HTC for a warranty repair. Apparently, they've replaced the antenna cover, and it's on its way back to me now. We'll see if that has sorted the problem.

And yes, it was unlocked and rooted - doesn't seem to have been an issue for HTC's warranty repair service! :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ash_786
It may be worth considering if you have problems with the 3G connection whether it's a hardware issue. I was getting p***ed off with problems on both of the newest radios, and returned my N1 to HTC for a warranty repair. Apparently, they've replaced the antenna cover, and it's on its way back to me now. We'll see if that has sorted the problem.

And yes, it was unlocked and rooted - doesn't seem to have been an issue for HTC's warranty repair service! :(

Mines scheduled for a swap on Monday ...... Interesting to hear how you got on though !