The horror of cross-compiling!

Guest Xeli_

Hello!

I've been trying to bake my own rom now for a while, and a part from failing with the signing of the update.zip and actually upload it to my hero it goes alright..

However when i try to add some more stuff like binaries i run into problems (here is where it gets a little less focused on actually baking the rom and more on software dev).

For example when i try to cross-compile helloworld.c everything goes just fine whether i statically link it or dynamically using a codesourcery's toolchain or the one from google with the agcc script (people who know about cross-compiling should know what i am talking about right :D)

So simple programs i write myself are all oke.

However when i try to cc more complicated programs such as PAND (Personal area network daemon) or even nano it just always fails. Whether it's missing a file/header or just missing a structtype... what am i doing wrong?

I type this into a terminal:

- export PATH=$PATH:<path-to-android-kernel-source>/prebuild/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.2.1/bin

export CC=agcc
./configure --host arm-linux
make[/codebox]

and any variation on that (statically or not different cross compilers whatever..

Shouldn' t this be working? or is it quite normal that you run into alot of problems while cc'ing and you just have to hack your way around until it gives you the green light?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Richard

i am everything else than an expert on this, as a matter of fact i have no idea what agcc is, but have you tried it the regular way? meaning without agcc?

agcc is a script which helps with the linking to bionic's libs.

And yeah I've tried static builds as well but it gives me the same error's...

Or what did you mean by "the regular way" ?