HTC officially confirms eclair for Hero in Europe

Guest prupert

"BTW Droid Eris, Sprint Hero, AND HTC Hero in Europe/Asia...I can now tell you that Éclair with Sense will be offered for you all."

http://twitter.com/htc

Good news! Anyone feel like politely asking if there's a particular date in mind (presumable 15th March, but worth asking if anyone's got a twitter account)

Guest Trekster2000
Good news! Anyone feel like politely asking if there's a particular date in mind (presumable 15th March, but worth asking if anyone's got a twitter account)

Check the Sprint thread, the Nordic HTC boss has said around april for the EU HTC Hero...basicly by the time the Legend/Desire hit the streets!

Guest prupert
Everytime we seem to have a new bit of info it gets put back another month. Jokes!!

Yeah I recon Android 3 will be out b4 the 2.1 update for Hero finally hits the shelves.... :D

Guest b1ck132

Come on, is that a joke? Who needs 2.1 on a Hero @ April, when Legend and Desire is out?

This might be one customer lost for HTC, since I have been thinking of holding on a 2.1 ROM till Legend is released, and then jump on Legend, but if I am supposed to wait 2.5 more months, I can rather go on a Milestone, and keep it for a good while.

I just want advanced bluetooth capabilities, and no, the custom 2.1 ROMs didn't work well for me, MCR 3.2 is way more stable then them.

It's so sad, that HTC released a new Sense 2.5 ROM for TP2, 2 weeks after I sold it, and now, I'm stuck with a 1.5 Hero.

/end rant.

Guest PhonePersona
Come on, is that a joke? Who needs 2.1 on a Hero @ April, when Legend and Desire is out?

This might be one customer lost for HTC, since I have been thinking of holding on a 2.1 ROM till Legend is released, and then jump on Legend, but if I am supposed to wait 2.5 more months, I can rather go on a Milestone, and keep it for a good while.

I just want advanced bluetooth capabilities, and no, the custom 2.1 ROMs didn't work well for me, MCR 3.2 is way more stable then them.

It's so sad, that HTC released a new Sense 2.5 ROM for TP2, 2 weeks after I sold it, and now, I'm stuck with a 1.5 Hero.

/end rant.

This is one of the reasons I left the HTC Hero and went for the N1.

Guest Remington Steale
Just a FWIW, but T-Mobile has announced an update coming April for the G2 (their Hero) at http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/discussions/...6d76e2ac5007f9f

More details to follow. Sounds like they might be more proactive this time and not deny all knowledge (not that it will matter since practically everyone here uses custom ROM anyway)

Well colour me surprised

there was already numerous posts just a little over a week ago about an official HTC press statement, giving 15 feb for the Pink Hero in the Netherlands and the 2.1 update 'around march'. Kinda old news this twitter post.

Guest byakkotai
Just a FWIW, but T-Mobile has announced an update coming April for the G2 (their Hero) at http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/discussions/...6d76e2ac5007f9f

More details to follow. Sounds like they might be more proactive this time and not deny all knowledge (not that it will matter since practically everyone here uses custom ROM anyway)

Would anyone be shocked to see a "Orange has announced an update coming December for the HTC Hero at ....", can't wait for the MCR version.

Err.. those who own a Hero? Especially those who don't buy a few phones a year?

Yeah, you know awerage joe with better stuff and more important stuff to waste money on than a s*** expencive phone every Quarter... Alot of grown up phone users have kids, house famely to use moeny on, and for us its actualty damn nice to get HTC hero with 2.1 rom since we do have better things than throwing money out the window on a new phone every 3rd month

Guest TheAshMan

HTC sure know how to take the mick. The updates probably ready, they just don't want to ruin sales of the Legend release which probably has a VERY similar ROM.

there was already numerous posts just a little over a week ago about an official HTC press statement, giving 15 feb for the Pink Hero in the Netherlands and the 2.1 update 'around march'. Kinda old news this twitter post.

Yeah I have noticed that who ever does the HTC twitter updates is very good at giving out old news.

Guest Don/Donald/Donnie

These tweets coming out are part re-runs of previous tweets as far as I can tell.

On December 17th the HTC twit tweeted "Anybody notice the clarification from @sprint? Hero on Sprint will not be getting 2.0...it will get 2.1 :D" (link to twitter status page).

I know the Sprint Hero is different in many ways to the GSM Hero but isn't this old news (and therefore not really news at all)? I'm sure there were other "official" announcements that the Hero was getting 2.1 already but I can't find any right now (maybe I was delusional).

Just get it out and stop fannying around HTC, please. You're making yourselves look like a joke (IMO).

Guest masterpfa
Yeah I have noticed that who ever does the HTC twitter updates is very good at giving out old news.

Twitter is great for community news i.e new custom ROMS etc., companies like HTC should be making an Official announcements on their web page not on Twitter :D

I'll continue to ignore leaked announcements and wait until the "New ROM available" on the HTC site or T-Mobile

Has anyone else noticed the release date is being pushed back almost every month, from a December release, to February to March and now April. :D :lol:

Hence why I concentrate on the Custom ROM communities so much more fun! :lol:

Edited by masterpfa

Guest Remington Steale
Twitter is great for community news i.e new custom ROMS etc., companies like HTC should be making an Official announcements on their web page not on Twitter :D

I'll continue to ignore leaked announcements and wait until the "New ROM available" on the HTC site or T-Mobile

Has anyone else noticed the release date is being pushed back almost every month, from a December release, to February to March and now April. :D :lol:

Hence why I concentrate on the Custom ROM communities so much more fun! :lol:

Its all about the money, they expect us to all throw away our Hero's and go rushing out to buy the legend or desire. Like Naruc said, some of us cant go buying a new phone every 3 months.

/end rant.

Well I would´nt buy a new phone just because they are there, I do believe this is the same for a lot of people :D

BR MKrogh

Guest SketchF

I agree - if anything, HTC providing this update will make me want to buy another HTC phone come early 2011.

Really, I like my Hero and the specs of a Legend don't sound that awesome that I'd really had to buy it. The only thing that really tops the Hero is the faster processor, but wow, I guess the Hero is doing pretty well.

I'm looking forward to 2.1. When Bluetooth does finally work as expected, I'm absolutely happy. Who cares about Legend and Desire? I don't.