SlideIt

Guest Naruc

Guest Ibanez33
Long press the input field you're going to use, then you can choose SlideIt.

Yeah thats where I was going wrong too..

How on earth do you do words with two of the same letter?

eg: good dress... (oddly the first words I could think of)

Guest commodoor

Ok i never gave it a try, till i saw this thread. so i thought if somany people are giving positief feedback its worth trying.

first impression was really great, it was a funny way typing(sliding). i thought i would be difficult for me typing but it was really easy and precise. i'm gonna use it for couple of days to see how its going

Edited by commodoor

Yeah thats where I was going wrong too..

How on earth do you do words with two of the same letter?

eg: good dress... (oddly the first words I could think of)

just type like you normally do with slideit, except you only need do a double letter once.

example: Hello

h->e->l->o

auto-corrects to hello

:D

its ok for short words where the letters are spaced apart but i find if the letters are quite close together especially at the bottom of the keyboard my hand would obscure the letters I'm looking for. I also found the space bar to be either sluggish or totally unresponsive. I dont like that you cant long press for symbols either. Compact qwerty is my favourite and I'm sticking with it for now

I installed SlideIt, tick the option to activate it in Locale Setting but it seems not working...

I try uninstall and re install, reboot my phone, the option is well activated but in search and message I could not slide... it is the normal way to write

What I'm doing wrong ?

on MCR 3.2b5

Reboot needed ?

Just tick the option and SlideIT keyboard is working ?

Edited by kookix

Guest e2zippo
I installed SlideIt, tick the option to activate it in Locale Setting but it seems not working...

I try uninstall and re install, reboot my phone, the option is well activated but in search and message I could not slide... it is the normal way to write

What I'm doing wrong ?

on MCR 3.2b5

Reboot needed ?

Just tick the option and SlideIT keyboard is working ?

Just read above! It's been mentioned like 5 times, jeees!

Only short words, it managed to recgnice Barnehage, Database, documentation totalleverandør privatpersoner 1st try... done the norwegian dictionary as first and english as 2nd choise...

Dont use spacebar, have the space when finnished setting activated so don thave to think about space

Edited by Naruc

Guest Skywrit3r

This keyboard is great.

However when I want to save a custom word It's hard to see what I have actually written so I can make sure I got it right. Sometimes the letters I put in shows up far left, the same as on stock keyboard and sometimes it doesn't show up at all and all I get is the suggestions.

And I can't save custom shortcuts. I can make one and it works but after some time it's gone.

played with tech like this earlier on WinMo phones, but on my Hero (capacitive) it works pretty well actually. Never believed in it, but it detects the correct words for me pretty much always (dutch). And obscuring the keyboard I have no problem with what so ever, but I'm used to typing completely blind so I really don't have to think where a letter is.

I love that you don't have to be that accurate if you touch another letter by accident while sliding.

The only (big one) draw back is: sliding doesn't go as fast. If I have to type a word with the letter 'a' and 'l' in it, I have to slide all the way from left to right. Maybe it are my greasy fingers :P, but just the friction of my finger on the screen makes it slow. Being able to type with two fingers / (two handed) makes onscreen keyboards fast. And the calibration in the HTC keyboard makes it perfect for me.

So, it works really well, and way better than I expected. But it just can't beat HTC IME's portrait mode speed for me.

played with tech like this earlier on WinMo phones, but on my Hero (capacitive) it works pretty well actually. Never believed in it, but it detects the correct words for me pretty much always (dutch). And obscuring the keyboard I have no problem with what so ever, but I'm used to typing completely blind so I really don't have to think where a letter is.

I love that you don't have to be that accurate if you touch another letter by accident while sliding.

The only (big one) draw back is: sliding doesn't go as fast. If I have to type a word with the letter 'a' and 'l' in it, I have to slide all the way from left to right. Maybe it are my greasy fingers :D, but just the friction of my finger on the screen makes it slow. Being able to type with two fingers / (two handed) makes onscreen keyboards fast. And the calibration in the HTC keyboard makes it perfect for me.

So, it works really well, and way better than I expected. But it just can't beat HTC IME's portrait mode speed for me.

I feel the same. It's great for one-handed writing but honestly I mostly use two hands and that goes way faster. Nice keyboard though, wish there was some way to use it with two hands :D

Guest discokrueger

I tried it, and it worked very well, when im writing in German.

Normally, i write sms in swiss-german and there is no dict for this, because it's impossible to create one. There are to many dialects.

Guest e2zippo
This keyboard is great.

However when I want to save a custom word It's hard to see what I have actually written so I can make sure I got it right. Sometimes the letters I put in shows up far left, the same as on stock keyboard and sometimes it doesn't show up at all and all I get is the suggestions.

And I can't save custom shortcuts. I can make one and it works but after some time it's gone.

I have the same problem, my shortcuts and all the words i add to the dictonary are gone after a little while?

Guest Skywrit3r
I have the same problem, my shortcuts and all the words i add to the dictonary are gone after a little while?

I've sent a mail to Dasur support about it now.

I also requested a minimizing button and a way to edit the custom dictionary.

Installed... will give it a try for a few days to see how it goes but I am impressed with the first impressions.

The first word I tried was hello and it did the extra letter no problem. As you don't have to be so accurate I might actually be a little faster with this than typing normally (only had the Hero since Saturday 20/02/10). I am not new to touch screens the XDA, XDA II, XDA Exec and the HTC Touch Diamond are among my previous touch screen mobiles but I recently had a break (Nokia E71) which just made me realise how much I love the touch screen. I am finding the Android OS refreshing after using WM/Symbian for so long. :D

Guest Euthanatos

I like writing with this Keyboard.

But there are two things I miss. First thing is a quick change of the primary Language would be fine.

And I can not type a word with only capital Letters like ( moment I have to change input method) SMS

except of this I really like it.

Guest jim.mason

But there are two things I miss. First thing is a quick change of the primary Language would be fine.

And I can not type a word with only capital Letters like ( moment I have to change input method) SMS

If you press and hold the 'cap' button for a , this will lock the input to capital letters only and will stay like that until you press it again.

I think this has been the best piece of software I have installed for sometime!

Cheers

Jim

Guest phillevy
If you press and hold the 'cap' button for a , this will lock the input to capital letters only and will stay like that until you press it again.

I think this has been the best piece of software I have installed for sometime!

Cheers

Jim

Is there any way of quickly keeping it in lower case without having to disable auto-capitalisation (for passwords)?

Edited by phillevy

Guest Skywrit3r

I'm guessing that you want to change the language you are writing in. You don't have to change primary language to do that. Just tap the 12@-button and on the next page just to the right of ABC-button is a language quick change button.

Guest Ibanez33

I really like it so far but am forced to ask a potentially stupid question....

I can't seem to find the comma on this keyboard???? which is a shame as I quite like commas :(