Loading up the Desire ROM on the Nexus One (my findings so far)

Guest PaulOBrien

I have the hardware buttons working fine now... :D

P

Do the buttons work correctly now? Meaning do you still have to touch the softbuttons slightly above in order for it to activate or is it spot on?

Great job Paul!

Does it have all the benefits of the nexus one, like noise cancellation etc?

Not entirely sure yet on that one, calls work and sound fine, but I haven't yet determine where the NC happens.

P

Guest Mantisen

So many things to try! :D Perhaps it's time to start a fund to get Paul a "test" Nexus One where he can try all these things without running the risk of killing his own? :D

Nah, it's cool... I probably need to try putting the Desire radio on, but that's the only thing that carries a bricking-danger.

Thankfully, with great tools out there like Nandroid it's pretty trivial to switch between ROMs. :D

If you like what MoDaCo is and does, sign up to Ad Free or Plus. Then you're kinda donating but getting cool stuff in return. Everyone's a winner, lol!

P

Guest Qteknology

Do you think you will release it ?

Or we have to wait an official release ?

I'm just asking for all this suspence about it

If you don't feel to share us, just tell us, so we can stay in peace

There's sufferance here ahahaha

Guest Zecoder

man, you are truly great :D

I just wonder about these Special Features

* Automatically lowers the ringer volume as soon as the phone is picked up

* Mutes the ringer when the phone is flipped face down

* Backs up certain data and settings to the microSD card automatically, such as SMS/MMS messages, bookmarks, Wi-Fi passwords.

Are these features availabe with your ROM?

I don't know if the stock ROM of Nexus one already has the above mentioned features ? or if the device has the required hardware to make these work?

Thank you :D

Guest Chicaned
Nah, it's cool... I probably need to try putting the Desire radio on, but that's the only thing that carries a bricking-danger.

Right, anyone willing to fund Paul a new Nexus if/when he bricks it tonight? :D

Guest gr8gorilla
Right, anyone willing to fund Paul a new Nexus if/when he bricks it tonight? :D

I wont fund it but if he gets this thing out I certainly donate again, or if he bricked it I would for sure donate 10 bux or so to help him out! Theres gotta be 50 folks who donate a tenner to get him a new nexus if he bricked it.....Right?

There is the added complication that the desire system image is too big for the nexus one system partition!

I imagine one solution would be to symlink /system/app to /cache/app, the other would be to use something like squashfs.

I'm running the /system/app on /data at the moment, but i'm going to try out different options.

P

Guest bobtentpeg
I wont fund it but if he gets this thing out I certainly donate again, or if he bricked it I would for sure donate 10 bux or so to help him out! Theres gotta be 50 folks who donate a tenner to get him a new nexus if he bricked it.....Right?

Can I donate a tenor instead? :D

Guest AndyCr15

I'm a fan of Sense UI from using my HTC Hero, so I'm really looking forward to you getting a workable ROM for us to try :D

As has been asked, what are the chances of ripping some of the widgets out of the Desire ROM and making them N1 compatible?

Guest Profete162

Paul I have just a question for you:

Once you will have released the Rom for the N1, will it take you a lot of time to provide it for HERO users?

I am so excited to get it on my Hero.

Thanks for your answer.

Guest Shuflie

With there not really being enough ROM room on the Nexus One to flash this without modification what's the betting that HTC have mixed up the ROM and RAM specs on their site?

Edited by Shuflie