[WM Kitchen] osKitchen NEW UI v1.23b - Easy Visual Kitchen

Guest smaury

Can someone Please post the v1.14 update here or mediafire or 4shared?

I can't seem to get "Uploading.com to work.

EDIT:

OK I got FireFox to download the file.

Do I just replace the files in the original kikchen with new files?

EDIT 2:

OK I just started all over with the v1.14.

Replacing folders now...

Edited by cac2us

Make sure that the MSXIPKernel folders that you are using, have the hd.dll and the osaxt0.dll folders removed.

Post #18, smaury's advice.

I have found these folders in most of the builds I have tried to use.

They build fine but hangflash on the samsung screen.

After removing those folders, all is fine.

21634 running great.

All,

What format should the splash screens be in? I have the two GIFs I want to use for the start and welcomehead, but when I try to select them in the kitchen it seems to want .NB files... What are those? Can I convert my GIFs to this format?

Also, is there a good place and/or thread to get splash startup GIFs?

/Chimp

Guest thekevster
Another question: Do we need to cook in FTouchSL with this kitchen so the ROMs have kinetic scrolling?

this is how i got kinetic scrolling working:

1. get cab of ftouchsl, version number doesnt really matter

2. convert cab to ext in oskitchen.

3. go to folder where ext for ftouchsl was made and find FTouchSLDll.dll

4. copy the ftouchsldll.dll into OEM drivers folder

5. in drivers folde find .rgu file. you may have to edit folder settings to show extensions for known file types

6. change .rgu to .txt and open in notepad.

7. search the document for "touch.dll" and replace it with the title of the name of the ftouchsl dll

8. save the document, click save not save as

9. rename the file to have .rgu extension.

10. cook your rom and enjoy kinetic scrolling.

i'm not sure of any other methods to cook in kinetic scrolling but i'm a noob when it comes to cooking.

Edited by thekevster

this is how i got kinetic scrolling working:

1. get cab of ftouchsl, version number doesnt really matter

2. convert cab to ext in oskitchen.

3. go to folder where ext for ftouchsl was made and find FTouchSLDll.dll

4. copy the ftouchsldll.dll into OEM drivers folder

5. in drivers folde find .rgu file. you may have to edit folder settings to show extensions for known file types

6. change .rgu to .txt and open in notepad.

7. search the document for "touch.dll" and replace it with the title of the name of the ftouchsl dll

8. save the document, click save not save as

9. rename the file to have .rgu extension.

10. cook your rom and enjoy kinetic scrolling.

i'm not sure of any other methods to cook in kinetic scrolling but i'm a noob when it comes to cooking.

Thanks, Keyster... I'll try that.

BTW, don't some of the builds now have kinetic scrolling built in automatically?

Woo Hoo!!!! I think I have been able to create a new 23541 build using the kitchen!! At least it seems to build OK after recmodding.

I'll flash it this weekend, and if it works, I'll join the ranks of chefs! We need more cookers for Omnia ROMs...

/Chimp

Guest thekevster

this kitchen has to be the best thing ever! starting to feel fairly comfortable with the kitchen.

might build some modaco-friendly versions of the roms i have been building (remove swype) and post them here for others to download and try out.

1.15 gives me an error when i try run it. might be a problem with my computer though as i just reformatted hard drive to dual boot xp and 7 so i can cook ROMs on my laptop and not just my desktop. downloading 1.14 to test and see if its my computer that is the problem.

edit: looks like it is my computer. even with 1.14 i get "the application failed to initialize properly"

Edited by thekevster

Guest thekevster
Woo Hoo!!!! I think I have been able to create a new 23541 build using the kitchen!! At least it seems to build OK after recmodding.

I'll flash it this weekend, and if it works, I'll join the ranks of chefs! We need more cookers for Omnia ROMs...

/Chimp

congrats! hopefully its not a non-booter.

i got the kitchen to build a few roms before i managed to build one that booted.

i would test it out for you on my old omnia that i dont care about bricking because its going back to verizon, but i sent it off a few hours ago.

congrats! hopefully its not a non-booter.

i got the kitchen to build a few roms before i managed to build one that booted.

i would test it out for you on my old omnia that i dont care about bricking because its going back to verizon, but i sent it off a few hours ago.

WOW! Booted the first time! Now on 23541... And everything works!!

Now I just have to tweak a few things... Like Ameba, and getting rid of that 'This is an app from an outside vendor...' security message.

WOO HOO! My first ROM! Thanks to SMAURY for this GREAT (and easy to use) kitchen!!

/Chef Chimp :(

Guest thekevster

awesome!

thats what i'm working on figuring out too is getting rid of the security messages.

already asked around and found solutions for kinetic scrolling and skipping align screen on first boot.

awesome!

thats what i'm working on figuring out too is getting rid of the security messages.

already asked around and found solutions for kinetic scrolling and skipping align screen on first boot.

How did you skip the align screen?

Guest thekevster
Edit your initflashfiles.dat (OEM_lang) with notepad. \Add a ; in front of the \startup welcome.lnk. Like this:

;Directory("\Windows\StartUp"):-File("\x0057\x0065\x006C\x0063\x006F\x006D\x0065\x002E\x006C\x006E\x006B","\Windows\welcome.lnk")

***Be sure to save in Unicode***.

Edited by thekevster

WOW! Booted the first time! Now on 23541... And everything works!!

Now I just have to tweak a few things... Like Ameba, and getting rid of that 'This is an app from an outside vendor...' security message.

WOO HOO! My first ROM! Thanks to SMAURY for this GREAT (and easy to use) kitchen!!

/Chef Chimp :(

Where did you get the files for 23541?