Video camera formats?

Guest theophile

Guest theophile

I've recorded some video clips using the stock video recorder and while the video looks good (as long as there's good lighting), the audio is embarrassing. The .3gp format is dreadful to begin with, but the 8000 Hz mono samr audio is simply unacceptable. My older Nokia N75 recorded 48 kHz, 16-bit AAC by default.

Can anything be done about this? Especially with the buzz of the video camera supporting 720p video, I'd hate to be stuck with trashy audio. Thanks!

I've recorded some video clips using the stock video recorder and while the video looks good (as long as there's good lighting), the audio is embarrassing. The .3gp format is dreadful to begin with, but the 8000 Hz mono samr audio is simply unacceptable. My older Nokia N75 recorded 48 kHz, 16-bit AAC by default.

Can anything be done about this? Especially with the buzz of the video camera supporting 720p video, I'd hate to be stuck with trashy audio. Thanks!

This is exactly my question too. I like my N1 (had the Milestone before) except the video recording. Is the audio quality limited by the hardware or the software? Greets from Switzerland