Moving on to Nexus One

Guest commodoor

Guest The_IMF
First off all its just a support to Modaco.

Here is a list, Ok the most is for Winmo but i also read that there will be more for android in the future.

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=announ...p;f=27&id=2

I don't mind paying the money to Modaco; just was expecting more if I was going to pay 3 times as much as ad free members. That's all.

Guest commodoor
I don't mind paying the money to Modaco; just was expecting more if I was going to pay 3 times as much as ad free members. That's all.

I understand. i'm not a plus member i thought ad free was enough, if i feel donating i can do it always.

Guest masterpfa
For it's going to be the HTC Desire. Just from the fact that it's 50% cheaper at this moment and has a date set in stone when it'll be available.

Waiting _if_ and when the Nexus One is coming to NL... I don't have the patience for that :(.

If they were around the same price and available right now, I would probably go for the NexusOne. Pure for the support and freedom in flashing what you want. But that isn't worth the extra 400 bucks and probably months waiting for me :(.

You should be able to order the Nexus 1 directly from Google. I believe they ship all over the world, you may have to pay import taxes, but with this method, you get a SIM Free phone at a reasonable price approx 390 Eur . In the UK the phone would cost approx £346 with approx £60.00 to pay in VAT

This compares favourably with most Smartphones purchased SIM free just check out Expansys etc.

Edited by masterpfa

You should be able to order the Nexus 1 directly from Google. I believe they ship all over the world

no they don't. uk is one of the lucky countries that are being shipped to.

Guest commodoor
my next phone definitly desire more ram and amoLED screen :(

hmm N1 has also a amoLED screen, but what i wonder is this. N1 has 512Ram and desire 576Ram. But the HD2 had also 512ram and some guys managed to get 576Ram on the HD2, So i wonder if its possible with N1?

But playing with N1 i really don't need the extra RAM and you can always use swap (if rooted). the N1 didn't slow down a bit, because of low ram

Guest starfarer

:( did brought a smile reading few above posts despite huge frustration of waiting on 2.1.

Anyway, how's N1 compared to Hero in speed? does double CPU horse-power really "noticeable"? Running out of patience with HTC and toying idea of putting on ebay.

Cheers.

Guest kendon
:( did brought a smile reading few above posts despite huge frustration of waiting on 2.1.

Anyway, how's N1 compared to Hero in speed? does double CPU horse-power really "noticeable"? Running out of patience with HTC and toying idea of putting on ebay.

Cheers.

you are probably better off asking that in the nexus forum, we are the impatient hero owners waiting for eclair...

Guest masterpfa
I rally admire the G1 to bad it has to low space (ram) but its still a great phone and i think it will be a collecters item :(

I would love one but the prices I see them for on E-bay, I might as well get the Nexus 1 :(

Guest masterpfa
Maybe you are right maybe not, but i think paul can't do more on the Hero 1.5 we have to wait for the 2.1 release. And paul also let us know (from twitter) he didn't forgot us. so what the hero users have to do is just wait. some devs are still working to get aosp 2.1 work probarly, but they are not in succeed it just doens't work. when HTC release the 2.1 hero there will be devs going to work on it.

The problem is the likes of HTC think that if we were to get 2.1 on our Hero's we wouldn't want to buy any more phones, how wrong, with upgrades available to most people on these forums and the need for the latest, people will still hanker for the latest phone and will purchase them, come November that's exactly what I'll be doing and probably still keep my Hero (Then again I could sell on ebay and put towards a N1 :( )

When the updates stop for Desire, you won't be able to update Android - unless you port a N1 ROM, but I mean look at all devs struggling to get 2.1 without sense working on a Hero. I think N1 is the safer and more future-proof option.

Once bitten twice shy. These are my exact thoughts :(

as for the desire-not-being-updated theory: i was building on the theory that it is mainly a nexus in htc dress, and that making it equal concerning updates. we'll see how that turns out...

I think we may have the same problems the Devs are having now, as and when Froyo is released (Android 2.2 or 2.5 or 3.0?!?!?! :( ) IF HTC have not added Sense to it we may the same problems we are seeing now with AOSP and our Hero's, drivers not available etc. etc. hence the issues. :(

you are probably better off asking that in the nexus forum, we are the impatient hero owners waiting for eclair...

You can say that again!! Lol!!

EDIT: The only thing about waiting for the lastest phones is when you see a demo like Qualcomms when do you jump on the bus

Edited by masterpfa

Guest commodoor

Cheers.

Yes i noticed the speed, everything loads a lot faster, no slowdowns because of low ram. I still can't say that much about the battery life, it looks reasonable but i'm playing to much with it :(. the screen is soooo bright i didn't have any issues outside i could see everything good.

Many people are talking about issues with N1, Honestly i didn't come across any issue with my N1. everything works perfectly. I'm using cyanogenMod and it makes the N1 way faster.

I like the HERO section more than the N1 section :(.

Guest commodoor
EDIT: The only thing about waiting for the lastest phones is when you see a demo like Qualcomms when do you jump on the bus

Yhea i saw that, and damn i was impressed, But i got my N1 now and i think i'm gonna skip one generation.

Guest masterpfa
Yhea i saw that, and damn i was impressed, But i got my N1 now and i think i'm gonna skip one generation.

I've got 8 months before my upgrade so, watch this space(or wherever this Qualcomm Lands!) :(

Guest joejjeman

I cant afford 500 euro phones 2 times / year... maybe wait for a new iphone is a better choice than change android phones 2 times a year

Guest commodoor
I cant afford 500 euro phones 2 times / year... maybe wait for a new iphone is a better choice than change android phones 2 times a year

don't get me started on the iphone :(

nobody asked you to switch phones twice a year. hero is still a great phone and you can still use a year without any problem. i bought N1 because i could afford it, and i never encourage someone to spend money on new phones. the best way is: if you buy a phone skip one generation and then buy that one, its the best way.

but i will never i say NEVER buy a ifune.... iblunder ..... i mean iphone

Edited by commodoor

Guest commodoor

Ok i'm using my N1 almost for a wek now and can say more about the battery drain. I think the Hero is slightly better.

N1 battery is decent when you are not plaing that much and only listen to music, But if you start playing with it damn the battery drains fast. i think its becase the 1Ghz and the large screen. if you want to use a anroid phone with long battery usage than stay with the hero. i'm always behind a laptop so i can carge it when it goes low.

most times i got ~50% at the end of the day with my Hero. most of the time i was listening to music when traveling and reading the news.

With the N1 i got ~40% almost the same amount of usage.

Guest masterpfa
N1 battery is decent when you are not playing that much and only listen to music, But if you start playing with it damn the battery drains fast. i think its because the 1Ghz and the large screen. if you want to use a Android phone with long battery usage than stay with the hero.

Still want one!! :(

Guest commodoor
I think HTC Desire will be a best choice, it's better than Nexus One.

Please explain yourself

Why do you think the desire will be a better choice?

For me there is no real difference, i ignored all the issues that where reported. i didn't miss a cal, don't have any touch issues. and with cyanogenMod it fly's. "It's a bird, Its a Plain, No its Nexus On" haha just kidding