hartv427

hartv427

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i910 Omnia

LZX working now :)

On another note, do you know a good method toI have had mixed results on my own so far.

edit - I've got it working with this package. Sometimes all we get is the msxipkernel folders, this builds an xip.bin out of it. Tested and working in your EXTreloc kitchen. It is a little quirky though, I had to put the msxipkernel files in the oemxipkernel folder and vice versa to build the xip properly.

Glad LZX is working for you now

I will refine the device xip.bin I uploaded when I get a chance just got home

Refering to EXTReloc....
"build a donor xip.bin out of MSXIPkernel? " I'm not sure if i understand what you ate trying to do the kitchen does the for you
The only file copied from any doner are MSXIPKernel & MSXIPKernelLTK

search for "xcopy /y XIP_DONOR\*.bin xipTools\xip.bin" in EXTReloc.BAT for XIP_DONOR

And

xcopy /y XIP_DEVICE\*.bin xipTools\xip.bin for XIP_DEVICE

the out dir in XIPTools is what you are left with to build the xip_out.bin

if want ot disable something ADD REM to the line you want to disable

also to delete additional files you can use this as a templet

del .\xipTools\OUT\MODULES\hd.dll.txt
rd /s /q .\xipTools\OUT\MODULES\hd.dll

Its all in the EXTReloc.BAT you can change what you would like ;)

or send me the build, origonal doner waht you want to do and I'll reright the code

Edited by hartv427, 21 March 2010 - 09:36 PM.

If you would like to buy me a cup of coffee feel free to Donate

waremike32

waremike32

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Devices:VZW Samsung Omnia i910
I mean, when porting to new builds, sometimes we don't get a xip.bin. Like a release from DFT, we usually only get the MSXIPKernel and MSXIPKernelLTK packages. So I was looking for a way to create the donor xip.bin out of those two folders.

hartv427

hartv427

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i910 Omnia

I mean, when porting to new builds, sometimes we don't get a xip.bin. Like a release from DFT, we usually only get the MSXIPKernel and MSXIPKernelLTK packages. So I was looking for a way to create the donor xip.bin out of those two folders.

Ok I see ... I need to look into that more myself

Also I'll reconfigure to replace the cecompr.dll for the device xip.bin only when LZX is selected

Are you running into any other snages ? or ideas for improvement ? thanks for your feedback buy the way

If you want it here is the cecompr.dll i used to fix the device xip.bin for LZX if you would like I dont wnt to use it for XPR because it is much larger

Its my belief the EXTReloc is the way to go for the omnia and I like it for my HTC devices as well

Attached Files

Edited by hartv427, 21 March 2010 - 10:27 PM.

If you would like to buy me a cup of coffee feel free to Donate

waremike32

waremike32

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Devices:VZW Samsung Omnia i910
Yeah, that would be my only suggestion. To automate xip porting for EXTReloc using msxipkernel & msxipkernelLTK, if no donor xip.bin exists.

Everything else works great. I'll try and benchmark some roms against platform rebuilder to see how they match up, but the extreloc roms I've built seem very fast.

I had some trouble with your recmod list, so I've been using my own. It may be skipping a few modules I usually recmod. I notice that ftouchsl won't function unless a few specific modules are recmodded. I haven't nailed down exactly which ones though. I need to try your list again and see if it was my error that caused my issue earlier though.

All in all, the kitchen works great! Very nice work, and thanks again for sharing!

toadlife

toadlife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Just wanted to say thanks for your work here. I own Touch Pro 2 and wanted to try to build using this mysterious "extreloc" tool I kept reading about. I converted your kitchen over to cook for the Rhodium and am now using it.

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users