SKYPE !!! WERE THE HELL HAS IT GONE ????

Guest grahame30

Guest grahame30

hi all im gutted the rotten sodds at skype have got rid of skype for wm and have posted a limp risted response as to why .

im even more p---ed off as i just formatted my memory card witch had skype on and now i come to down load it it,s gone .

does anyone know the real reason it,s been dropped and is there anyway i can get a copy for my wm6.5 tg01?

please please help

g

Guest lantony
hi all im gutted the rotten sodds at skype have got rid of skype for wm and have posted a limp risted response as to why .

im even more p---ed off as i just formatted my memory card witch had skype on and now i come to down load it it,s gone .

does anyone know the real reason it,s been dropped and is there anyway i can get a copy for my wm6.5 tg01?

please please help

g

yeah i had the same shock when i checked a couple of weeks ago that they stopped windows mobile support. It's also strange that they removed the old versions!

maybe there were too many ppl using skype on win mobiles and they or the mobile providers didnt like it

Anyway i also sent them a complaining email but didnt receive any reply yet

Edited by lantony

Guest grahame30
yeah i had the same shock when i checked a couple of weeks ago that they stopped windows mobile support. It's also strange that they removed the old versions!

maybe there were too many ppl using skype on win mobiles and they or the mobile providers didnt like it

Anyway i also sent them a complaining email but didnt receive any reply yet

just had another quick look at skype website and noticed that IPHONE are sitting there loud and in your face .

i think i will send an email to three to ask if they can do anything as they own a fair chunk of it / hutchinson3g.

but if any one has a copy or can copy it from there phone i would much appreciate it.

most of my family and friends use skype and if i cant call them i will be gutted.

Guest Jeanne8fr

please please help

g

http://rapidshare.com/files/250869725/SkypeMobile.CAB

JH

Guest toledospod

Thank you JH

You have really helped out all us Windows Mobile users who have gotten screwed by Skype. I cannot believe they have taken away this cool piece of software. I gave them feedback on their website to tell them I was unhappy (even though I'm sure it won't make any difference).

Guest leunamme

thanks for the link.... maybe they were trying to update for now and come up with a new version... <_< just maybe..... im a skype user to.. and its very handy using it....

Guest xdalover
thanks for the link.... maybe they were trying to update for now and come up with a new version... <_< just maybe..... im a skype user to.. and its very handy using it....

It seems that Skype has decided that WM is not the way.... bad news....

It seems that Skype has decided that WM is not the way.... bad news....

The good news is that we still have Fring and Nimbuzz. Not the same as having Skype mobile. But Good all the same. Fring seemed better than Nimbuzz to me when I had tried them. Nimbuzz had snazzier graphics. Fring was more functional and seemed less demanding on system resources. Wonder what the others experienced.

Guest xdalover
The good news is that we still have Fring and Nimbuzz. Not the same as having Skype mobile. But Good all the same. Fring seemed better than Nimbuzz to me when I had tried them. Nimbuzz had snazzier graphics. Fring was more functional and seemed less demanding on system resources. Wonder what the others experienced.

Thank you for share this info. I didn't know these programs. After testing both them, I personally disagree a bit with you and I prefer Nimbuzz. Besides, Fring don't find my Wifi connection! I don't know why...... Anyway both programs does more or less the same and are a roundabout if Skype confirms that WM is death for them.

They say that Skype leaves WM due to the poor sound quality compared with Symbian, Android and Iphone and because they want launch video calls in the future and WM can't do it (Symbian does). Who knows?

On the other hand, these programs on TG01 have the same problem: The loudspeaker is in the rear side...