Problem installing apps to SD Card

Guest paroariax

Guest paroariax

I know that some apps can't be installed to SD card, but I thought that most could. Any whenever I try to install any app to SD card it works fine at first, but then when I reboot and try to run it the TG01 locks up and requires a soft reset. Also the shortcut to the app on the orange homescreen turns white.

The closest thread I found to this problem is that one, but it only covers the icon issue not the crashing issue, so I doubt the utils mentioned there would help.

So does anyone know how to correct this, and successfully install apps to SD Card?

Guest drkdeath5000
I know that some apps can't be installed to SD card, but I thought that most could. Any whenever I try to install any app to SD card it works fine at first, but then when I reboot and try to run it the TG01 locks up and requires a soft reset. Also the shortcut to the app on the orange homescreen turns white.

The closest thread I found to this problem is that one, but it only covers the icon issue not the crashing issue, so I doubt the utils mentioned there would help.

So does anyone know how to correct this, and successfully install apps to SD Card?

Have you tried a different SD Card ? The ones that were shipped with the TG01 are a little on the rubbish side, they tend to corrupt alot and probably cant be read as quick. For that reason id advise trying a better card ie sony. I cant guarantee a new better card will fix your problems but i had a similar issue with my TG01 where opera mobile would cause the phone to crash so i switched to my sony card and thats fixed it :-). Phones much faster too !

Guest paroariax

Thanks for your advice drkdeath5000.

Actually I just went to the Program Files folder on the SD card and ran the EXEs directly. They all work, so I'm guessing one of the start menu utils in the thread i linked to abo ve will fix the issue after all.