Bored of HTC Hero - but which phone should I upgrade to?

Guest bbawden

Guest bbawden

As per the title.

I love the HTC Hero, but I'm bored of it, and although much faster than the stock ROM, it can still lag at times.

So what should I get to replace it?

I'm not in any rush, so if there are some great handsets on the horizon I will definitely wait.

The HTC Desire and Google NexusOne both look great (they're pretty much the same phone, right?) but I don't know what else is around.

Obviously I want to stick with Android.

Thanks.

Guest masterpfa
I'm not in any rush, so if there are some great handsets on the horizon I will definitely wait.

The HTC Desire and Google NexusOne both look great (they're pretty much the same phone, right?) but I don't know what else is around.

Thanks.

There are a few phones on the Horizon, X10, Samsung and LG, but currently the Droid, Ace Liquid or hang around until later on in the year if you don't want either the Desire or N1 there are bound to be rumours of a new up and coming phone.

Guest squirreleater
As per the title.

I love the HTC Hero, but I'm bored of it, and although much faster than the stock ROM, it can still lag at times.

So what should I get to replace it?

Thanks.

I went from a Hero to a Nexus one, was not 100% sure if it was worth it, but once I got the phone there was no doubt- the Nexus is worth the jump.

If you want Sense get the Desire, unless your happy to flash/root the phone then just get the Nexus and put Pauls Desire Rom on it (As I have <_< )

Guest bbawden
I went from a Hero to a Nexus one, was not 100% sure if it was worth it, but once I got the phone there was no doubt- the Nexus is worth the jump.

If you want Sense get the Desire, unless your happy to flash/root the phone then just get the Nexus and put Pauls Desire Rom on it (As I have <_< )

Great, thanks. Is there any difference in the hardware between the Nex and the Desire?

Guest htchero1

sorry mate if this seems a bit cheeky

im new to android got myself a hero wouldnt trust myself

rooting is there anyone i could send the phone to so they

could root it for me sorry if im being a pain

thx in advance

Guest mikecoffee
sorry mate if this seems a bit cheeky

im new to android got myself a hero wouldnt trust myself

rooting is there anyone i could send the phone to so they

could root it for me sorry if im being a pain

thx in advance

If your in sheffield near by i'll root it for free

Guest squirreleater
Great, thanks. Is there any difference in the hardware between the Nex and the Desire?

I don't believe so, basically the same phone on the inside, just the trackball/pad and the physical buttons are different.

Desire has the sense Ui being the big difference with software.

htchero1: I'm not that techie to be honest, Rooting the nexus was a bit hit and miss for me! Luckily I have friends who are clued up I can ask for help.

If you're stuggling, put a post up on here or XDA asking for (local) help, someone will step in for sure if you buy them a beer!

Guest RaiderX303

the desire is the same hardware as the HD2 inside, it has more ram than the nexus one, it has 576mb over the 512 on the nexus, altho that is more than enough for both phones.