How to Increase/Decrease B7610 Audio (Speaker,Earphone,Music,Radio etc.)

Guest daskalos

Guest daskalos

If audio (speaker,earphone,music,radio,bluetooth headset etc.) for you is still too silent or loud you can adjust it...

From experimenting with the values found in Auto Gain, I found out how... :(

TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!! TOO LOUD AUDIO CAN BREAK YOUR DEVICE'S SPEAKER (OR YOUR EARS :( )

Tested only with B7610 with 6.5 ROM, Don't know if this will work on 6.1 or Omnia i8000

Procedure:

1. Dial Auto Setting code: *#0002*28346#

Now the screen will show 17 device audio settings (and some mic options) you can adjust to set Volume. We will just tackle one setting for it is applicable to all...

Music Speaker- this setting will adjust device's main audio (startup/shutdown tone,phone pad tone, music through the speaker,phone beeps,notifications,game/application audio)

2. Select Music Speaker,and tap "Gain"

Now AFAIK, the only settings you must change are:

OutPut Volume Control (08h)

L1VL2~0 (Main Master Volume)

HPG7~4 (Audio Gain)

Speaker Volume Control (01h)

SPKVOL4~0 (Speaker Volume)

(Other options are for mic, for left and right channels and for power management, let's just leave them)

Now about their values. I'm not sure, but I think the settings uses binary values (0,00,1,11...) By default almost all audio volumes are set in 1110 or 30 in decimal and Master Volume at 101 or 5. The Maximum for the values above are: Master Volume 7 (111), Audio level gain is 15 (1111), Speaker Volume 31 (1111)

The default values of B7610 (Music Speaker) is Master Volume:5 (101) Audio Gain:11 (1011) Speaker Volume:30 (11110)

3. Now we will increase the Music Speaker Audio, again it will increase the following: startup/shutdown tone,phone pad tone, music through the speaker,phone beeps,notifications,game/application audio. Set these Values:

L1VL2~0 (Main Master Volume) 111

HPG7~4 (Audio Gain) 1111

SPKVOL4~0 (Speaker Volume) 11111 (Note:default is 11101 or 30, so at 1111 or 31 we are just adding 1 level, but really makes the speaker louder)

4. Now it is important,before hitting apply, to set:

HPG7~4 (Audio Gain) 1111

If you missed this and hit apply, there will be no audio. If this happens, don't worry, just edit Music Speaker and set the above and press apply.

You will now have louder internal Speaker Audio....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now if you want to adjust other audio settings (FM radio speaker,Ringtone,Tvout etc.) Just repeat 1-4 (choosing the selected audio setting of course),and hit apply.

But you will notice you don't have any audio. do step 5.

5. You must set again the "Master Main Volume" which is in Music Speaker values to:

HPG7~4 (Audio Gain) 1111

Hit apply and you will have the increased/decrease audio for the selected audio setting.

Things to remember:

1. If you intend to increase/decrease volume of the internal speaker of any audio setting, edit below to appropriate level (remember default is 30, so if you wanna increase it (maximum is 31) or lower it, use a scientific calculator to convert, for example 31 to binary, which is 11111)

SPKVOL4~0 (00000-11111)

2. If you intend to increase/decrease volume of the earphone output of any audio setting, edit below to appropriate level (Set them with same levels to have balanced stereo audio):

Left Headphone Volume Control (02h)

HPLVOL4~0 (default 11101)

Right Headphone Volume Control (03h)

HPLVOL4~0 (11101)

3. After all adjustments be sure to adjust Music Speaker (step 5 above)

That's all :(

Comments:

-Now with these adjustment + setting Music audio effect to SRS WOW, this will make really loud music playing through the speakers...

-Really useful for applications like Pocket Noise and Shoot-Em-Up, which are really fun if your device have loud speakers....

Edited by daskalos

Guest kibiwi

very good work exactly what I'm looking for... <_<

I changed other values too, these are my values for audio now:

1.Output volume Control

L1VL2-0 110

HPG7-4 1111

2.LOUT 3 Power

L3VL7-6 11

3.Lch Output Volume Control

OVL7-0 00011001

4.Rch Output Volume Control

OVR7-0 00011001

MAX 9877

1.Speaker Volume Control

SPKVOL4-0 "00000"

2.Left Headphone Volume Control

HPLVOL4-0 "11010"

3.Right Headphone Volume Control

HPRVOL4-0 "11010"

Seems good but with other tests I think the quality of sound can improve :mellow:

Edited by kibiwi

Guest giorgio45
very good work exactly what I'm looking for... <_<

I changed other values too, these are my values for audio now:

1.Output volume Control

L1VL2-0 110

HPG7-4 1111

2.LOUT 3 Power

L3VL7-6 11

3.Lch Output Volume Control

OVL7-0 00011001

4.Rch Output Volume Control

OVR7-0 00011001

MAX 9877

1.Speaker Volume Control

SPKVOL4-0 "00000"

2.Left Headphone Volume Control

HPLVOL4-0 "11010"

3.Right Headphone Volume Control

HPRVOL4-0 "11010"

Seems good but with other tests I think the quality of sound can improve :mellow:

also with gt-i8000 ?

Guest YaYa82

Hi there, first of all thx for creating this topic as I'm sure a lot of B7610 users will find it very useful. I also wanted to give my audio sound a boost but it seems it's not working for me. When I enter the code my screen shows the audio settings just as you describe but if I enter one of the settings everything is looking quite messy as if there's some kind of overlay. So nothing is really 'good visible and I'm not able to adjust the settings.

My question therefore is if you have any idea what could cause this problem?? I only have this phone for a week and it came with Windows Mobile 6.5.

Guest carlsberg
If audio (speaker,earphone,music,radio,bluetooth headset etc.) for you is still too silent or loud you can adjust it...

From experimenting with the values found in Auto Gain, I found out how... <_<

Procedure:

1. Dial Auto Setting code: *#0002*28346#

Now the screen will show 17 device audio settings (and some mic options) you can adjust to set Volume. We will just tackle one setting for it is applicable to all...

Music Speaker- this setting will adjust device's main audio (startup/shutdown tone,phone pad tone, music through the speaker,phone beeps,notifications,game/application audio)

2. Select Music Speaker,and tap "Gain"

Now AFAIK, the only settings you must change are:

(Other options are for mic, for left and right channels and for power management, let's just leave them)

Now about their values. I'm not sure, but I think the settings uses binary values (0,00,1,11...) By default almost all audio volumes are set in 1110 or 30 in decimal and Master Volume at 101 or 5. The Maximum for the values above is: Master Volume 7 (111), Audio level gain is 15 (1111), Speaker Volume 31 (1111)

The default values of B7610 (Music Speaker) is Master Volume:5 (101) Audio Gain:11 (1011) Speaker Volume:30 (11110)

3. Now we will increase the Music Speaker Audio, again it will increase the following: startup/shutdown tone,phone pad tone, music through the speaker,phone beeps,notifications,game/application audio. Set these Values:

4. Now it is important,before hitting apply, to set:

If you missed this and hit apply, there will be no audio. If this happens, don't worry, just edit Music Speaker and set the above and press apply.

You will now have louder internal Speaker Audio....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now if you want to adjust other audio settings (FM radio speaker,Ringtone,Tvout etc.) Just repeat 1-4 (choosing the selected audio setting of course),and hit apply.

But you will notice you don't have any audio. do step 5.

5. You must set again the "Master Main Volume" which is in Music Speaker values to:

HPG7~4 (Audio Gain) 1111

Hit apply and you will have the increased/decrease audio for the selected audio setting.

Things to remember:

1. If you intend to increase/decrease volume of the internal speaker of any audio setting, edit below to appropriate level (remember default is 30, so if you wanna increase it (maximum is 31) or lower it, use a scientific calculator to convert, for example 31 to binary, which is 11111)

2. If you intend to increase/decrease volume of the earphone output of any audio setting, edit below to appropriate level (Set them with same levels to have balanced stereo audio):

3. After all adjustments be sure to adjust Music Speaker (step 5 above)

That's all :mellow:

Comments:

-Now with these adjustment + setting Music audio effect to SRS WOW, this will make really loud music playing through the speakers...

-Really useful for applications like Pocket Noise and Shoot-Em-Up, which are really fun if your device have loud speakers....

Hello ,

I tryed that but when i tap gain i get a scrambled screen .

I cant change or see there anything :(

I have an pro b7610 .

TIA

Guest ashwin Bhagwandin

hi there (first post :) )

your How-To was helpfull for listening music, however i would like to gain the output while calling on the regular small speaker on the front. i can't find any values witch aplies to that? it seems you are quite experienced with it. could you find out witch aplies to that?? i will check now several other settings ;)

Guest daskalos
hi there (first post ;) )

your How-To was helpfull for listening music, however i would like to gain the output while calling on the regular small speaker on the front. i can't find any values witch aplies to that? it seems you are quite experienced with it. could you find out witch aplies to that?? i will check now several other settings :P

I think it's the Voice Speaker :)

Guest ashwin Bhagwandin

you are partially right :). i tried it an used the same settings for the music speaker in the Voice Speaker menu. and it indeed gained the volume, however it gained th incall volume of the bottom speaker and not the speaker witch is used for your ear ;). i will try some other values to change . thanks for your help

Guest ashwin Bhagwandin

what do you mean exactley with a scrambled screen. do you have this in other situations? original rom present? or are you using a cooked rom?

Guest carlsberg
what do you mean exactley with a scrambled screen. do you have this in other situations? original rom present? or are you using a cooked rom?

I get that with when i had the original rom on it and now with megalite .

I cant see what to change coz its all scrambled ..And i dont have that in other situations ..

Edited by carlsberg

Guest ashwin Bhagwandin
I get that with when i had the original rom on it and now with megalite .

I cant see what to change coz its all scrambled ..And i dont have that in other situations ..

hhmmm, if you have used both original and megalite rom, it could be an hardware issue. i advise you to go to the store where you bought your

samsung and check if it falls under warranty?

Guest Odysseas07

Hello i am from Greece

Did someone try it on I 8000 ???

If someone tried and it works can write the values here ???

Thanksssssssssssssssss

Edited by Odysseas07

Guest new2city

Hi Daskalos,

With all your ROMs and all the refashing of ROMs, can we have the registry settings that points to the volume settings?

thanks,

eugene

Guest daskalos
Hi Daskalos,

With all your ROMs and all the refashing of ROMs, can we have the registry settings that points to the volume settings?

thanks,

eugene

If you mean registry settings for this kind of audio adjustment, i think there's none

Guest VOODOOS!L
you are partially right :). i tried it an used the same settings for the music speaker in the Voice Speaker menu. and it indeed gained the volume, however it gained th incall volume of the bottom speaker and not the speaker witch is used for your ear ;). i will try some other values to change . thanks for your help

I also want to change the front phone speaker (the one you use to listen when normal phone call). Were you able to find the correct value to change? Thanks!!

Guest Davka
I also want to change the front phone speaker (the one you use to listen when normal phone call). Were you able to find the correct value to change? Thanks!!

You should look into Voice Receiver menu

Guest passion_streak

hi guys this tweak worked on wm6.1 .. but now i m using wm6.5 and when i tried tweaking it my phone went mute , now i cant listen any sound except the ringtone.. ?? any ideas ??

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LycanX
hi guys this tweak worked on wm6.1 .. but now i m using wm6.5 and when i tried tweaking it my phone went mute , now i cant listen any sound except the ringtone.. ?? any ideas ??

please follow the instructions completely in the first post. even i had the same problem, but its not related to winmo6.5 but rather due to not following the steps completely

• 2 months later...
Guest Kriplex

Hello,

please help this poor guy.. as i am hearing impaired.

i want to increase following volumes;

Speaker should come out loud ... for alarms through open speaker

phone calls receiving - through open speaker

phone calls receiving - through head set

which of the settings should i increase? I want the headphone calls have the volumes just like how i would listen to a music (that loud volume !!!)

The Default settings are low, it could need boost though.

thanks

Edited by Kriplex