Control your SPV from PC! *EDIT - New feature*

Guest DJHope

Guest Shuflie

To all those desperate for a 'Home' key try pressing the windows key on your PC. Bit annoying that it still pops up the PC start menu but it does return the Phone to the home screen.

Guest Shuflie

To all those desperate for a 'Home' key try pressing the windows key on your PC. Bit annoying that it still pops up the PC start menu but it does return the Phone to the home screen. Can't use the '*' key as I'm testing this on a laptop but other than that the only key missing seems to be record.

Erm strange, make sure you run the exe file you download from your pc, when it says "check your mobile device for futher steps" install to the STORAGE CARD and for me at least the app you need to run on the spv is in /storage card/windows/start menu.

Guest Lizard_King

This has to be the funkiest thing since Huggy Bear! ;)

Pretty good speed although dont bother to try playing Motocross with it! (it doesnt have quite the speed via cradle :lol: )

Still, cant wait to try it via my laptop tomorrow...well found DJHope 8)

Guest casper508
I thought ESC was back, but yes i couldnt find a home ;)

Yeap ESC works fine. I missed out on that. On the other hand, SPTaskMgr doesn't seem to close this app. PPC compatibility issues maybe.

If i try to close this app I get a message "Unexpected cmd 2" and the phone freezes.

Great app any way.

Cas

Guest casper508
Killing the process "cerdisp" instead of the application seems to work for me.

This doesn't really close the app. The icon still appears in the toolbar in the programs menu and Remote Display Control still appears in the running tasks. Running cerdisp again actually creates a second instance as two icons appear on the programs toolbar.

But then again it wasn't written for the SP so there have to be some issues.

Cas

Guest craigde_ms

FYI I work in the Mobile Device Division at Microsoft and have just kicked off an internal skunkworks project to update this powertoy to be a better Smartphone experience.

If you have constructive ideas and thoughts of how you would like to see this app working on your SPV post them and we will see what we can do....

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

It all seems to work well as it is atm. It just needs to be resized for 176x220 resolution and have either a quit feature or no icon in the taskbar. Also is it possible for your PC to be able to reconnect to the phone if the connection is dropped, without having to kill and researt the remote control?

A keyboard map would also be helpful ;)

Other than that all seems to work well, a very useful applcation.

Yep i agree with monolithix their, the actual host tool needs to be resized for smartphone screen size other than that its pretty spot on, although a way to map the keys could be nice as monolithix said also. Are you guys planning todo a smartphone powertoys pack? Because that would be supurb.

DJ Hope

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Even if they do, it still has to get past Orange certificatioln (i assume), as i think Orange trashed the MS certificate on the SPV ;)

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

According to one of the software developers i spoke to (commercial), Orange removed the MS certificate on SPV's. It's "their" (Oranges) phone so they can do what they like with it. I assume the current MS software was signed before the SPV was released.

If you have constructive ideas and thoughts of how you would like to see this app working on your SPV post them and we will see what we can do....

An 'Always on top' feature would be nice too.

I've made a little chart of the keyboard assignments. It's basically a combination of the posts in this thread, putting them all together. If any1 wants it PM me and I'll send it to you, just specify if you'd rather have it as a jpeg or a word file, and also an email address that I can send the file(s) to.

Not sure what good "Always On Top" would do. Could you explain what you are looking for?

well, so that the program is visible all the time in the corner or the screen while you are working in other apps. The only downside I can think of is that there might be a prob with keyboard presses, but there must be a way round this.

if some one is looking fo sumthin that restarts the SPV i found that if you kill the connmgr.exe process the phone restarts--its not that quick but it does do it.

still havent found a way to kill the icons on the taskbar after using this app--anyone else have anyluck?