*REVOTE* for best 2.1 ROM w/ Benchmarks

Guest shenye

Guest vincent0923

i would recommend the Behero rom too, it's the fastest 2.1 rom i've ever used. Almost as good as the cupcake roms in terms of responsiveness (perhaps a bit exagerating but it's just swift!)

Guest e2zippo

BeHero is definitely not as fast as say AychTeeSee's cupcake rom, not even close, however, it does seem to be the most stable 2.1 rom i've used so far (running 1.3.1 as we speak).

Looking forward to MCR 4.0 when official 2.1 is out!

Guest Svashtar
BeHero just updated his ROM to 1.3 now using the leaked HTC legend build instead

flashing as we speak <_<

And, how does it seem? Any good?

Everything working, is fine?

Thanks for your info on this

Guest Jannik Nielsen
And, how does it seem? Any good?

Everything working, is fine?

Thanks for your info on this

its pretty decent. one of the fastest 2.1 roms i have tried. Everything is working and you have friend stream from the legend which is pretty neat

Guest shenshang

are you sure you did a FULL data wipe, FULL dalvik cache wipe and a FULL ext wipe before you installed the ROM? also, backup restoring can render some games unplayable. Tbh, i prefer 1.2.6 instead of 1.3.1, much nicer to use.

Guest Dr. dre
I prefer 1.2.6 instead of 1.3.1, much nicer to use.

Shen the new BeHero ROM v1.3.2 has the option of 'Quiet ring on Pickup', which actually works very well.

Do you think this feature will be there on the Official Hero 2.1 ROM or is it because of the ROM which is based on a Legend ROM.

Guest shokka9
yeah, metamorph should work. I'd ask shokka9 very nicely to see if he wants to make one <_<

Didnt see this :(

I actually made theme for the new leaked Eris & Legend builds, see HERE

NOT METAMORPH....i don't like it anymore (Metamorph) :mellow:

Enjoy & thanks Shenshang

Oh, my vote on the poll is Raidroid....feels most stable to me. So much so, that i am now using as my everyday build (no more 1.5!)

So, cant wait for the official leaks :D

Guest jUsT2eXy

Hey guys. Some newbie questions lol..

If I want to try out the 2.1 ROM (BeHero) and coming from Modaco 3.2 what are the steps? I ask this because I want to keep all my applications that I have at the moment installed intact...is this possible?

-Download BeHero ROM

-Put it on SD card

-Make a nandroid backup

(This is were I get stuck... what needs to be wiped? SD card? EXT? But if I wipe this my apps will disappear? )

Also I have heard that battery life on all the leaked 2.1 ROMS are very poor .. is this the case with the BeHero ROM ?

Sorry once again for the newbie questions... great forum btw.. look forward to your help and reading your replies many thanks

Guest Dr. dre
Hey guys. Some newbie questions lol..

If I want to try out the 2.1 ROM (BeHero) and coming from Modaco 3.2 what are the steps? I ask this because I want to keep all my applications that I have at the moment installed intact...is this possible?

-Download BeHero ROM

-Put it on SD card

-Make a nandroid backup

(This is were I get stuck... what needs to be wiped? SD card? EXT? But if I wipe this my apps will disappear? )

Also I have heard that battery life on all the leaked 2.1 ROMS are very poor .. is this the case with the BeHero ROM ?

Sorry once again for the newbie questions... great forum btw.. look forward to your help and reading your replies many thanks

Just do a backup of the apps you want to keep on the new ROM(Use Titanium Backup), Now just wipe these things

1) Wipe data/factory reset

2) Wipe Dalvik-cache

3) Wipe SD:ext partition ( Only if you have one i.e - If your apps are stored on the sdcard )

and then just select the 'Flash zip from sdcard' option and the new ROM would be flashed.

The Battery usage on BeHero ROM is improved as compared to the older version, for me it works for around 1 1/2 to 2 days.

Guest jUsT2eXy
Just do a backup of the apps you want to keep on the new ROM(Use Titanium Backup), Now just wipe these things

1) Wipe data/factory reset

2) Wipe Dalvik-cache

3) Wipe SD:ext partition ( Only if you have one i.e - If your apps are stored on the sdcard )

and then just select the 'Flash zip from sdcard' option and the new ROM would be flashed.

The Battery usage on BeHero ROM is improved as compared to the older version, for me it works for around 1 1/2 to 2 days.

Hey mate. Thank you very much for your help. I am updating as we speak. Also my apps are on the SD card ... so will do a new Titanium Backup and restore after...

Ok 1.5 - 2 days sounds good.. I charge my phone every night anyway as I watch films / TV series on my phone before I go to bed.. (Family guy ftw) <_<

One more question... are the 2.1apps on the market fully compatible with the leaked ROM? Or are there a few issues? And would I have to create a new EX3 partition or will my original one still be recognised after SD card wipe?

Cheers mate

Edited by jUsT2eXy

Guest spence91

I'm using Raidroid, it seems quick and it's not crashed on me once.

However i don't feel like i can vote because i've not used any of the other releases.

Guest Dr. dre
One more question... are the 2.1apps on the market fully compatible with the leaked ROM? Or are there a few issues? And would I have to create a new EX3 partition or will my original one still be recognised after SD card wipe?

Cheers mate

There are some issues with some of the apps on the market but some works as far as I have checked it, No you don't have to create a new partition but all your data on that partition would be removed.

Guest jUsT2eXy
My 2-Cents, tried most of the 2.1's, IMHO HeroDroid is by far the best.

Yep using it now.. its great... one thing that is of slight concern is the auto brightness does not seem to work.. am I correct in saying this?

Also I have noticed that even with apps2sd enabled... compared to modaco rom a lot of internal memory seems to be used up when installing apps... down to 40mb with 100 apps approx... had well over 180+ before on modaco..can't remember having 40mb internal..

hmmm

Guest jUsT2eXy

Hey. So after a day of use [beHero 1.3.2] there are a few problems to report.. otherwise this is a great ROM..thanks to the DEV

Problems:

[1] Facebook sync does not seem to work

[2] Battery life (even on standby) isn't great

[3] Even with APPS2SD enabled...phone memory decreases a lot compared to say the

Modaco ROM. (110approx apps on SD = 38MB Left Of Internal Memory)

[4] Autobrightness does not work properly (Think it goes to MAX brightness after a while)

[5] Google VOICE SEARCH does not work. (Force closes..I have tried 2 versions)

[6] Cannot open HTTP addresses from within an APP (Such as FOTMOB app has links to

skysports from within the app..if you click on the http link it says 'not available' etc.. but

browser works fine)

[7] Pictures loaded within some apps do not work. (For example the BBC News app will show a

snippet of the headline with a picture..when you click on it to navigate to the article..the app

will take you there from within itself ... and then no picture will be shown..just a blue box with

a ? mark)

[8] Some random Force closes (Will make a note of this later)

Apart from that good ROM as stated...

Can anyone confirm my problems?

Cheers.

Guest Dr. dre
Hey. So after a day of use [beHero 1.3.2] there are a few problems to report.. otherwise this is a great ROM..thanks to the DEV

Problems:

[1] Facebook sync does not seem to work

[2] Battery life (even on standby) isn't great

[3] Even with APPS2SD enabled...phone memory decreases a lot compared to say the

Modaco ROM. (110approx apps on SD = 38MB Left Of Internal Memory)

[4] Autobrightness does not work properly (Think it goes to MAX brightness after a while)

[5] Google VOICE SEARCH does not work. (Force closes..I have tried 2 versions)

[6] Cannot open HTTP addresses from within an APP (Such as FOTMOB app has links to

skysports from within the app..if you click on the http link it says 'not available' etc.. but

browser works fine)

[7] Pictures loaded within some apps do not work. (For example the BBC News app will show a

snippet of the headline with a picture..when you click on it to navigate to the article..the app

will take you there from within itself ... and then no picture will be shown..just a blue box with

a ? mark)

[8] Some random Force closes (Will make a note of this later)

Apart from that good ROM as stated...

Can anyone confirm my problems?

Cheers.

Dude are you able to donwload apps from market, I get an FC when I try downloading any ROM( BeHero 1.3.2)

Guest jUsT2eXy
Dude are you able to donwload apps from market, I get an FC when I try downloading any ROM( BeHero 1.3.2)

yep have downloaded many apps mate..all run perfectly fine.... :)

any specific apps you want me to test and see if its the ROM / phone etc ?

One annoying thing that occurs with the market for me (since last week) is the fact that when you click download nothing happens for at least a few minutes..it then downloads...

meh idk...

Guest vincent0923
BeHero is definitely not as fast as say AychTeeSee's cupcake rom, not even close, however, it does seem to be the most stable 2.1 rom i've used so far (running 1.3.1 as we speak).

Looking forward to MCR 4.0 when official 2.1 is out!

i was talking about the 1.2.6, now the 1.3.1 is just too slow!

Guest Dr. dre
yep have downloaded many apps mate..all run perfectly fine.... :)

any specific apps you want me to test and see if its the ROM / phone etc ?

One annoying thing that occurs with the market for me (since last week) is the fact that when you click download nothing happens for at least a few minutes..it then downloads...

meh idk...

I have tried many apps like Facebook, titanium backup etc but when the download is complete it shows me a FC for 'com.Android.vending', I have tried to flash the ROM thrice but still no luck.

Guest jUsT2eXy
I have tried many apps like Facebook, titanium backup etc but when the download is complete it shows me a FC for 'com.Android.vending', I have tried to flash the ROM thrice but still no luck.

hmm. Have u tried reflashing / reinstalling the ROM ? Or restoring a previous nandroid backup then reflashing