M2D Today Page Plug-ins

Guest dgyahn

Guest dgyahn

Hi all,

This has probably been reviewed before but I thought I would post how I got my M2D Today Page plug-in's to work. I am not the original author for these programs so all credit goes to them.

There are three programs I use to get this set up (M2D Today Page, Easy Today Launcher, and GPS Toggle).

Download all three cabs and install them to your phone. I put them in Device Memory but I don't think it matters.

Once installed go to Start/Settings/Home/Items. You will see the Easy Today Launcer and BAF GPS Toddle listed in the items available. Do not select (check) either of these yet. Highlight Easy Today Launcher (make sure the selection check box is not checked) click on the Options tab to the right of the screen. Here is where you pick the programs you want on the Today Launcher. You can use as many as 6 items although I use 5 as it's the most finger-friendly. Once you have added your programs and arranged their order click on the Layout tab at the bottom. Make sure the Large icons box is checked and that number in the Large icons per row matches the number of items you chose in the previous step. Click on Ok and exit.

Open your Start Menu again and find the M2DTP Config program and launch it. On the General tab check both Auto-start and Auto-restart. Set your Auto-start delay to 4. Click on the Misc tab and set Auto switch to "Home" widget to 0. The Hide edit field at "Location" widget should be unchecked. Next click on the Windows tab. Here is where you will configure the settings and programs that you want displayed on your today screen. Use the following settings:

M2Dtp Window = Window_00

M2D Widget = Home

Position: X=0, Y=240

Size: W=240, H=60

In the Plugins box, tap and hold inside the box until the Add Plugin menu appears. Select Add Plugin. From the list select Easy Today Launcher and hit OK. Repeat and select BAF GPS Toggle. You should now see both these programs in the Plugins box. Hit Apply and then hit Menu and Exit. Select Yes in the pop-up box.

Your plug-in should now be showing on your today screen. If not soft-reset and everything should be good to go. (Some people have reported that they needed to move off the Today page and than back to it for the program to launch.) You can edit the Easy Today Launcher by a long-press on the widget window. This will launch the selection page and you can add or change your programs. To start GPS just tap on it.

Just thought this would be helpfull to the group. Hope you enjoy it. <_<

P.S. See Post #9 for instructions on getting an expanded calendar and tab working for your menu bar.

See Post #20 for SPB Phone Suite.

post-538633-1268417343_thumb.jpg

M2D_TodayPage_0.3.0.cab

Easy_Today_Launcher_v1.1.0.2.CAB

GPSToggle.cab

Edited by dgyahn

Guest johnny2678

Nice write up! I've been playing with this all week too. Manila Today Page is pretty amazing software and it really can spice up M2D2 to fill in the gaps.

Try experimenting modifying other tabs by adding new windows... I've completely replaced my weather tab with weatherpanel!

Guest dgyahn
Nice write up! I've been playing with this all week too. Manila Today Page is pretty amazing software and it really can spice up M2D2 to fill in the gaps.

Try experimenting modifying other tabs by adding new windows... I've completely replaced my weather tab with weatherpanel!

Can you share with us a screen shot of your weatherpanel? I've updated my Carrier tab to show an expanded appointment calendar schedule (see below).

post-538633-1268444706_thumb.jpg

Edited by dgyahn

Guest doubleroll
Can you share with us a screen shot of your weatherpanel? I've updated my Carrier tab to show an expanded appointment calendar schedule (see below).

looks great. How did you do the expanded appointments? Are the icons in color due to your theme? Mne are in black and white. Sorry for all the noob questions. Thx.

Guest dgyahn
looks great. How did you do the expanded appointments? Are the icons in color due to your theme? Mne are in black and white. Sorry for all the noob questions. Thx.

Here is how to get an expanded calendar page on your M2D ROM.

1. Download Calendar Plus, Operator Settings and Operator Icons.zip file.

2. Disable M2D until done with everything.

3. Install Operator Settings cab. Install Calendar Plus cab.

4. Run M2D OperatorSettings. Check the boxes for "Enable Operator Tab: and "Show text below icons". Rename Operator tab title to: Calendar.

5. Click on "Items" tab and make sure all items listed say "none".

6. Click "Apply" and exit.

7. Run M2DTP_Config.

8. Click on the "Menu" tab at the bottom and select "Add Window".

9. From the "M2Dtp Window menu select "Window_01"

10. From the "Windows" tab change "M2D Widget" to Operator.

11. Change the coordinates to X:0 Y:30 W:240 H:260

12. Long hold in the "Plugins" box and select Add Plugin.

13. From the menu select Calendar +.

14. Click Apply tab and then Menu tab and select Exit.

15. Replace the operator icons with calendar icons in windows. Unzip the Operator Icons file and copy all the files to your Windows directory replacing the current icons.

16. Run M2DC and click on the "Tabs" tab. Check the OperatorWidget and move it to the second position in the list.

17. Click on Apply and exit.

18. Soft reset.

19. Navigate to Start/Settings/Home/Items. Highlight Calendar+. Make sure the selection box is unchecked.

20. Select Options from the right menu.

21. Select your options. I use the following: Display the next "3" "Appointment and Today". I leave all the other check boxed unchecked. Click OK to exit.

22. Reenable M2D in your Home settings.

Enjoy!

Calendar_Plus.cab

M2D_OperatorSettings0.4.cab

Operator_Icons.zip

post-538633-1268521662_thumb.jpg

Edited by dgyahn

Guest dgyahn

My Today icons are in color due to the theme I have installed. I'm using Waremike's Nu ROM and run the M2D only V2 Rom. You can find it here:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specifi...3518-cf03-i910/

Guest llcw79
Hi all,

This has probably been reviewed before but I thought I would post how I got my M2D Today Page plug-in's to work. I am not the original author for these programs so all credit goes to them.

There are three programs I use to get this set up (M2D Today Page, Easy Today Launcher, and GPS Toggle).

Download all three cabs and install them to your phone. I put them in Device Memory but I don't think it matters.

Once installed go to Start/Settings/Home/Items. You will see the Easy Today Launcer and BAF GPS Toddle listed in the items available. Do not select (check) either of these yet. Highlight Easy Today Launcher (make sure the selection check box is not checked) click on the Options tab to the right of the screen. Here is where you pick the programs you want on the Today Launcher. You can use as many as 6 items although I use 5 as it's the most finger-friendly. Once you have added your programs and arranged their order click on the Layout tab at the bottom. Make sure the Large icons box is checked and that number in the Large icons per row matches the number of items you chose in the previous step. Click on Ok and exit.

Open your Start Menu again and find the M2DTP Config program and launch it. On the General tab check both Auto-start and Auto-restart. Set your Auto-start delay to 1. Click on the Misc tab and set Auto switch to "Home" widget to 0. The Hide edit field at "Location" widget should be unchecked. Next click on the Windows tab. Here is where you will configure the settings and programs that you want displayed on your today screen. Use the following settings:

M2Dtp Window = Window_00

M2D Widget = Home

Position: X=0, Y=240

Size: W=240, H=60

In the Plugins box, tap and hold inside the box until the Add Plugin menu appears. Select Add Plugin. From the list select Easy Today Launcher and hit OK. Repeat and select BAF GPS Toggle. You should now see both these programs in the Plugins box. Hit Apply and then hit Menu and Exit. Select Yes in the pop-up box.

Your plug-in should now be showing on your today screen. If not soft-reset and everything should be good to go. (Some people have reported that they needed to move off the Today page and than back to it for the program to launch.) You can edit the Easy Today Launcher by a long-press on the widget window. This will launch the selection page and you can add or change your programs. To start GPS just tap on it.

Just thought this would be helpfull to the group. Hope you enjoy it. :)

P.S. See Post #9 for instructions on getting an expanded calendar and tab working for your menu bar.

Hello.

I am using waremikes M2D only rom, and when i launched M2DTP Config, i don't see check boxes to do

"On the General tab check both Auto-start and Auto-restart. Set your Auto-start delay to 1. Click on the Misc tab and set Auto switch to "Home" widget to 0."

I installed on the device... can you tell me What is wrong??

Guest snkeyez95
Hello.

I am using waremikes M2D only rom, and when i launched M2DTP Config, i don't see check boxes to do

"On the General tab check both Auto-start and Auto-restart. Set your Auto-start delay to 1. Click on the Misc tab and set Auto switch to "Home" widget to 0."

I installed on the device... can you tell me What is wrong??

I'm having the same issue here.

Guest CantEvenGo
I am using waremikes M2D only rom, and when i launched M2DTP Config, i don't see check boxes to do "On the General tab check both Auto-start and Auto-restart. Set your Auto-start delay to 1. Click on the Misc tab and set Auto switch to "Home" widget to 0."

had the same problem...you need to get M2DTP vers. 0.3.1 from xda-developers

Now if someone can tell me why m2dtp sometimes doesn't display...

Edited by CantEvenGo

Guest snkeyez95

Is your delay set long enough? 3-4 seconds seems to work for me.

Guest dgyahn

The display error is a known issue. A soft reset will clear it. You can also increase the Auto-start delay to 4 seconds. That seems to fix it.

Edited by dgyahn

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ebsbow

Not working on my device.. Using Steff's rom

I am not able to apply the changes made by M2DTP. (Apply button doesn't work)

Looked in the registry, but I can not find the correct place to add the new window coördinates.

edit;

Checked this page also with out succes:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...creen-tutorial/

Edited by ebsbow

Guest NilsE
Not working on my device.. Using Steff's rom

I am not able to apply the changes made by M2DTP. (Apply button doesn't work)

Looked in the registry, but I can not find the correct place to add the new window coördinates.

edit;

Checked this page also with out succes:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...creen-tutorial/

These are the entries that will put the Today Messaging on the home screen. You can make the changes for the Today option you want.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Manila2D_TodayPage\Window_00]

"00_Item"="Messaging"

"h"=dword:0000003c

"w"=dword:000000dc

"y"=dword:000000f3

"x"=dword:0000000a

"TabNum"=dword:00000001

Guest dgyahn
SPB Phone Suite is awsome with the M2D Today Page Plug-in.

I agree. Here is a screen shot. You can find SPB Phone Suite here: http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/pocketpc-s...are/phonesuite/.

For instructions on how to configure your M2D to get this see this post: http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specifi...r-enhancements/.

post-538633-1274670574_thumb.png

Edited by dgyahn

Guest gorf1000
Here is how to get an expanded calendar page on your M2D ROM.

1. Download Calendar Plus, Operator Settings and Operator Icons.zip file.

2. Disable M2D until done with everything.

3. Install Operator Settings cab. Install Calendar Plus cab.

4. Run M2D OperatorSettings. Check the boxes for "Enable Operator Tab: and "Show text below icons". Rename Operator tab title to: Calendar.

5. Click on "Items" tab and make sure all items listed say "none".

6. Click "Apply" and exit.

7. Run M2DTP_Config.

8. Click on the "Menu" tab at the bottom and select "Add Window".

9. From the "M2Dtp Window menu select "Window_01"

10. From the "Windows" tab change "M2D Widget" to Operator.

11. Change the coordinates to X:0 Y:30 W:240 H:260

12. Long hold in the "Plugins" box and select Add Plugin.

13. From the menu select Calendar +.

14. Click Apply tab and then Menu tab and select Exit.

15. Replace the operator icons with calendar icons in windows. Unzip the Operator Icons file and copy all the files to your Windows directory replacing the current icons.

16. Run M2DC and click on the "Tabs" tab. Check the OperatorWidget and move it to the second position in the list.

17. Click on Apply and exit.

18. Soft reset.

19. Navigate to Start/Settings/Home/Items. Highlight Calendar+. Make sure the selection box is unchecked.

20. Select Options from the right menu.

21. Select your options. I use the following: Display the next "3" "Appointment and Today". I leave all the other check boxed unchecked. Click OK to exit.

22. Reenable M2D in your Home settings.

Enjoy!

I just tried following these directions and on trying to run the M2D Operator Settings (step 4) I get the following error:

------------------------------------------------------------------

M2D Operator Settings.exe

NullReferenceException

at

M2D_OperatorSettings.Form1.ReadHomeXmlSettings()

at

M2D_OperatorSettings.Form1..ctor()

at

M2D_OperatorSettings.Program.Main()

Any thoughts?

Guest dgyahn
I just tried following these directions and on trying to run the M2D Operator Settings (step 4) I get the following error:

M2D Operator Settings.exe

NullReferenceException

at

M2D_OperatorSettings.Form1.ReadHomeXmlSettings()

at

M2D_OperatorSettings.Form1..ctor()

at

M2D_OperatorSettings.Program.Main()

Any thoughts?

Sorry, I haven't run across that. The only thing I can think of is to remove the apps and reinstall them to see it that works.

Guest gorf1000
Sorry, I haven't run across that. The only thing I can think of is to remove the apps and reinstall them to see it that works.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, even installing old versions. I'm going to reflash my phone soon since I've run into other issues with different add-ons like the Action Screen not working.

Guest dgyahn
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, even installing old versions. I'm going to reflash my phone soon since I've run into other issues with different add-ons like the Action Screen not working.

I use Waremike32's Nu ROM, M2D V2. It works great and I never have a problem with other apps that I add this rom. You can find it here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specifi...3518-cf03-i910/