Music Starts When Unplugging Headphones

Guest AndyCr15

Guest AndyCr15

I know others have this issue too, when I remove my headphones or disconnect from playing something via the default music player just starts up playing!

How can I stop this? I don't mind even uninstalling it, but I dont seem to be able to...

Guest surfsmurf
I know others have this issue too, when I remove my headphones or disconnect from playing something via the default music player just starts up playing!

How can I stop this? I don't mind even uninstalling it, but I dont seem to be able to...

I have had this happen too. It seems to have stopped after I removed the music widget from my home screens. Not sure that's the cause though, but mine hasn't done it for some time now.

Guest Formel-LMS

Yes, I have this problem, too and it's terrible. If you did a call over the car radio with the cable plugged and unplugged it after driving, the music starts every time. You have to wake up the phone, start the track and hit pause.

Very awful.

Guest taz5176

i did encounter 1 time as well with desire rom on my nexus one

& quite a number of times music starts to play automatically when i was launching the music app (haven't pressed the play button)

Guest AndyCr15
I have had this happen too. It seems to have stopped after I removed the music widget from my home screens. Not sure that's the cause though, but mine hasn't done it for some time now.

Hmm, I don't have the music widget. I use Tunewiki... :)

Guest thelucster

I get this if music is playing, and I unplug the headphones, then restart the phone on the Desire ROM. Luckily it has music controls on the lock screen :)

Guest lars1110

i have the same problem even if i wasnt playing music and i unplug the headphones in a17 the music will start playing :/ i have to make sure the media volume is down all the way before i unplug them

Guest Julant80

It seems that a lot of us are having a similar issue with music starting on it's own like this.

I first noticed it with CM 5.0.3, persisted in 5.0.4.1, and it still happens even after a complete wipe and install of MCR 2.0, so it seems to be something in the system files that was changed.

Whatever the glitch is, it's still around and being recycled in each custom ROM update.

My guess is there was some minor change in one of the "official" software updates that didn't agree with the changes made in custom roms, but nobody caught it until we all "beta" tested the roms...

I mostly see the problem when I take my phone off the dock when the phone has either an incoming call, a txt msg on-screen or any sort of notification that I haven't already addressed.

Guest Julant80
MCR1.8 didn't have the Problem. Only 1.9 and 2.0

It would be interesting to figure out what official builds each custom was based on... I was on CM at the time of the MCR1.8 version so I can't place the build for it.

I had this problem too (only when unplugging an audiocable, not with the headset).

Seems fixed in CM 5.0.5.

I use my N1 almost everyday for playalongs on my e-drums and the last few days the android music app didnt start playing after unplugging the cable.

Edited by K69

Guest AndyCr15

Someone on XDA gave the uninstall solution -

adb remount

adb pull /system/app/Music.apk C:\

adb shell rm /system/app/Music.apk

I've done that. I use Tunewiki to listen to music anyway...

Guest Formel-LMS

I see at Titanium Backup that we still have MusicPlayer Update1 on our Phones.

Deinstalling it and the taking another music player and the Music won't start when Headphones are unplugged.

The Problem is in the MusicPlayer.

Does anybody have the old version from MusicPlayer, without Update1?

Guest stevenbriggs

Don't know if this will help, but there is an app on the Market called "Autostarts". It's free, I think...could be wrong.

At any rate, it shows you a whole list of events that occur on your Android device, and what apps/processes are triggered when those events happen. It's likely that you can just find those events (like headphones unplugged, etc), and just disable the trigger to whatever app is sitting inside it.

Obviously, this only works if the app is listed to be triggered for that particular event, but it has worked for me, and it's worth a shot, right?

Guest Breece

Found an easy solution :( (as i encountered this problem today :P)

I simply deleted the active playlist --> The music player has nothing to play --> Silence :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jonnyw2k

no last.fm here.

Log of whats happening:

04-09 19:14:08.696: DEBUG/dalvikvm(700): GC freed 277 objects / 15824 bytes in 36ms

04-09 19:14:11.606: VERBOSE/HeadsetObserver(417): Headset UEVENT: {SUBSYSTEM=switch, SWITCH_STATE=0, DEVPATH=/devices/virtual/switch/h2w, SEQNUM=987, ACTION=change, SWITCH_NAME=Headset}

04-09 19:14:11.636: INFO/ActivityManager(417): Start proc com.android.music for broadcast com.android.music/.MediaButtonIntentReceiver: pid=13868 uid=10031 gids={3003, 1015}

04-09 19:14:11.666: INFO/dalvikvm(13868): Debugger has detached; object registry had 1 entries

04-09 19:14:11.746: WARN/MediaPlayer(13868): info/warning (1, 44)

04-09 19:14:11.766: DEBUG/MediaPlaybackService(13868): restored queue, currently at position 123454/250984 (requested 123454)

04-09 19:14:11.786: INFO/MediaPlayer(13868): Info (1,44)

04-09 19:14:11.786: WARN/MediaPlayer(13868): info/warning (1, 44)

04-09 19:14:11.786: INFO/MediaPlayer(13868): Info (1,44)

04-09 19:14:11.796: INFO/AudioHardwareQSD(401): Routing audio to Wired Headset

04-09 19:14:11.796: DEBUG/AudioHardwareQSD(401): Switching audio device to

04-09 19:14:11.796: DEBUG/AudioHardwareQSD(401): Stereo Headset

04-09 19:14:12.066: WARN/AudioFlinger(401): write blocked for 257 msecs, 38 delayed writes, thread 0x14a28

04-09 19:14:12.634: VERBOSE/HeadsetObserver(417): Intent.ACTION_HEADSET_PLUG: state: 0 name: Headset mic: 1

04-09 19:14:12.656: INFO/AudioHardwareQSD(401): Routing audio to Speakerphone

04-09 19:14:12.656: DEBUG/AudioHardwareQSD(401): Switching audio device to

04-09 19:14:12.656: DEBUG/AudioHardwareQSD(401): Speakerphone

04-09 19:14:12.676: DEBUG/ddm-heap(13868): Got feature list request

Guest vzontini

I am having the same problem with MCR r13. My car is paired with the phone. When I turn off the car the music starts playing. I don't have to get a call or have used the phone to play music in the car. Just noticed it myself with r13.

I do have the music widget on one of my home screens. I'll try taking that off to see if that helps.