I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo Custom ROM for the HTC Tattoo! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know.
About MoDaCo Custom ROMs
MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.
In order to use this ROM on your device, you must have a custom recovery image installed. You can read more about how to install a CRI on your device in this topic.
- Based on the 1.67.405.6 release
- Built with the MCR build process which reduces the size and boosts the speed of the ROM
- MoDaCo Custom Kernel (MCK) featuring additional filesystem support (EXT3, EXT4, CramFS, SquashFS and more), DroidWall support and much more
- Recompiled Wifi module for new kernel
- Recompiled tattoo-hack.ko for new kernel
- Rooted boot image with 'adb remount' permission and superuser APK by ChainsDD
- busybox 1.15.3 with Droid Explorer support
- terminfo and settings in boot.img to allow nano etc. use
- Updated Google Maps
- System dalvik-cache moved to /cache partition
- MCR version displayed in 'About' screen
- Optional dropbear (SSH server, username 'root, port 2222, password displayed in 'About' screen)
- Optional swapper 0.1.3 for configuring your swap partition
- Optional A2SD via the online kitchen
- Optional Market Patch v2 by moneytoo via the online kitchen
- Optional baked in Wavesecure via the online kitchen (installed to system partition for maximum security)
- Optional WiFi Status indicator
Please see 2 posts below this one for the changes in each release.
To install this ROM:
- Ensure you have a custom recovery image installed (see 'requirements' above)
- Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card
- Restart your device in recovery mode (power on with the volume down button held and select 'Recovery')
- PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
- Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card
No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM, however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.
This ROM is now available in the online kitchen - see the post below for details! In addition to the kitchen, 2 prebaked downloads are available - a version with the default set of MoDaCo additions and a version with no optional additions at all.
Included in default additions - Spare Parts, Titanium Backup, WaveSecure, WiFi Status Indicator, Dropbear
Excluded from default additions (install via online kitchen) - A2SD, Swapper, Market Patch
r3 ROM with default MoDaCo additions - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) - MD5: 25e0e0b7b1c099101518bc337810b83f
r3 ROM without default MoDaCo additions - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) - MD5: 4e928c8c7b4fdaa0a26aaf74eae005f9
Please note that the download links implement referring checking to avoid deep-linking. If you are redirected to the MoDaCo homepage when you download, try 'right click save as', disabling ad blocking / no script or if all else fails try an alternative browser.
Do you want to jump into the discussion at the point the current version was released? Then start at this post!
I would like to thank all the contributors who worked to make rooting the Tattoo and custom ROMs possible! Particular thanks to moneytoo for the market patch. It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.
If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus account, both of which also give you early access to Beta ROM releases and access to the the online kitchens.