Photo

27/May r2 - Desire Camera application on Nexus One (MCR/CM/Enomther)

* * * * * 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

GrayFox814

GrayFox814

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Idk if its just me, but the CM update.zip link sends me to the modaco home page, do i need a premium account to download it?

Formel-LMS

Formel-LMS

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4/7
  • Twitter:@FormelLMS
Try right click and save as....

Follow me to: Handy-FAQ Nexus One Forum Germany

My Morph Themes for NexusOne

Supporting MCR, Cyanogen and Enomther ROMs

Formels Real Desire Statusbar ||| GlasStatusBar

Black FormelsStatusbar

Formels Notification Icons ||| Nicer Battery Icons

Do not Donate me for my work. It's free, it's Open Source. If you take some of my stuff, it is nice, when you give me credits.

GrayFox814

GrayFox814

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Try right click and save as....

Nope, no luck, i'll try using a different browser...

GrayFox814

GrayFox814

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Huh...now thats funny...link didn't work in chrome, but it did in firefox, o well

chunga

chunga

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Devices:htc S310
Hi Paul amazing ;), one question, I noticed that boot.img is inside the patch. I'm using the custom OC UV kernel so I have to push the zimage again. Is really needed to be there? I'm Just curious :)

Edited by chunga, 26 March 2010 - 10:16 PM.

DistortedLoop

DistortedLoop

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Devices:GalaxyNexus, HTC One X, SGS2
  • Twitter:@distortedloop

Hi Paul amazing ;), one question, I noticed that boot.img is inside the patch. I'm using the custom OC UV kernel so I have to push the zimage again. Is really needed to be there? I'm Just curious :)

What if you flashed the update zip for the camera, then while still in recovery flashed the OC UV kernel that comes in zip format?

DistortedLoop

DistortedLoop

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

What if you flashed the update zip for the camera, then while still in recovery flashed the OC UV kernel that comes in zip format?

Actually, the camera app force closes after any activity with the OC UV kernel.

lars1110

lars1110

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
greate work man

-lars bragdon ")

WhiteHartMart

WhiteHartMart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Working brilliantly for me on 5.0.5.3 :)

Only small thing I noticed was that 'Camcorder' icon still takes you to app in Photo mode. No a big deal cause the video capabilities still work.

Great work again Paul ;)

elcapitan11085

elcapitan11085

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Great job man i've been patiently (and by patiently, i mean anxiously) waiting for this.

Thanks Paul

vespabonvi

vespabonvi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:nexus one
why can not I download the update of the camera for the cyano 5.5.3 ????? By clicking on the link every time I always open the news page ..... although it came with my account

DistortedLoop

DistortedLoop

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

why can not I download the update of the camera for the cyano 5.5.3 ????? By clicking on the link every time I always open the news page ..... although it came with my account

I think that depends on your browser. On my N1, that's what happened. On Safari, no problem. Try right clicking and Save As on the link...

P.S. - the same info is right on the top of this page of posts.

Edited by DistortedLoop, 27 March 2010 - 02:25 PM.

DistortedLoop

DistortedLoop

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Does anyone know if the kernel for the CM 5.0.5.3 version is undervolted?

Yes, Cyanogen is undervolted (to Qualcom's specs), though not as aggressively as the other undervolt kernels floating around on xda. Also, Paul gives you an option to use the teknologist kernel, which is undervolted.

chunga

chunga

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Devices:htc S310
I use 1,113Ghz kernel undervolted with no problems.

The only thing I noticed is when I start the camera recording it opens the camera in photo mode.

Another issue is related to the photo picker, if you have IE twicca app and want to pick some photos to tweet you can't.

hefeglass

hefeglass

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:nexus one
THANK YOU so much Paul for doing this! I was enjoying the desire rom but the bluetooth was killing me. I recently went to cyanogen but seriously missed the camera app. I cant thank you enough for porting that over for us....makes the cyanogen ROM complete!

If i could possibly make one request..:
I dont know if this is possible, but would you be able to port over the desire "photos" app and have an update zip for us to install that into cyanogen rom...it could even replace the stock galleries app IMO. The problem with the 3d stock gallery app is that is doesnt allow you to view your images in full resolution on the phone. In the desire ROM, you can zoom in on the images and in a couple seconds, the phone renders the high res version so you can see all of the details right on the phone without the need to use a computer. I hope this is possible to do. Thanks again for all of the great work you have done with the nexus and thanks for sharing it with all of us!

Zephyron

Zephyron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One
Using it on CM 5.0.5.3 baked kitchen rom and it FCs when I press the zoom button, brightness setting and the one under the brightness setting. otherwise works great

ethos99

ethos99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Using it on CM 5.0.5.3 baked kitchen rom and it FCs when I press the zoom button, brightness setting and the one under the brightness setting. otherwise works great

Mine FC's when I snap a picture. The picture is there but I have to reload after every picture. Anyone else?

Edited by ethos99, 27 March 2010 - 09:45 PM.

Zephyron

Zephyron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Mine FC's when I snap a picture. The picture is there but I have to reload after every picture. Anyone else?

just tried this and yeah it does FC after a picture is taken, but picture is still saved

FTL Viper

FTL Viper

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Google N1
After downloading this zip update to Cyan's 5.3 update I lost the ability to connect to wifi. I then D/L'ed the full rom and still can't connect to wifi. Anyone else having this issue?

K69

K69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Works great on my N1 (CM 5.0.5.3).
No FCs or problems with Wifi.

Would be cool if the app names the photos like the original app (date and time instead of "IMAGxxxx") and saves them to "camera"-folder.
And i think the geotagging doesnt work (shows "unknown location").

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users