Things are very quiet...

Guest Carl_Brummy

Guest Carl_Brummy

I notice VERY little activity on the forums now, is everybody happy or have they just resigned to waiting for the next version of Android to hit the Hero? I notice too that there is very little custom activity with 2.1 roms, it is almost like everyone is holding their breath...

:P

Carl.

Guest Dr. dre
I notice VERY little activity on the forums now, is everybody happy or have they just resigned to waiting for the next version of Android to hit the Hero? I notice too that there is very little custom activity with 2.1 roms, it is almost like everyone is holding their breath...

:P

Carl.

+1

Even I have noticed the same, there are a very little activities going on this forum. May be people here are waiting for 2.1 infact MCR 4.0

Edited by Dr. dre

Guest ZiCoN

:(

Carl.

++1 My thoughts exactly :P

Guest starfarer

:(

maybe everyone trying Eris, legend and now CDMA Hero port. Most known devs here already moved to Nexus and have no time for Heroes. According to Paul, 1.5 is already at it's maximum performance and there's nothing anymore to do with it. Official 2.1 from HTC is round the corner...only problem is we all are walking with Hero on hands and round the corner never seems to be nearer :P .

Anything but Happy!

Guest Dan Mullen

I haven't bothered with any of the 2.1 ROMs out there - just patiently waiting for MCR4.0... :P

If the rumours are true and HTC are releasing the new ROM on 2nd April, I'm hoping Paul releases a first beta of MCR4.0 soon after that. I had hoped he might have gotten his hands on an early pre-release copy - maybe he has...?

Guest Wilkcos

It has. There is only so much that can be done with these 2.1 ports we currently have. All just waiting for a soild MCR 4 release, to see our heros through.

Guest DarthOps
T mobile has taken some of the links to the G2 rom upgrades off its website... Looking promising

So what's the deal with April 2nd, I heard a lot of buzz about it in the middle of march but things seemed to be getting more and more vague (again!). Am I right in thinking that it was the date in the leaked document that Europe is supposed to get the general Hero 2.1 GSM rom (the one that applies to all of us rooted phone users)?

Guest digitalight
I don't think it will be released tomorrow, more like, the end of april. Or never.

well i got my fingers crossed for the 2nd April tomorrow. Will be a nice treat for Easter.

Question is do I installed the Official or just wait a little bit longer and upgrade to MCR 4.0?

Guest Tebo2K
well i got my fingers crossed for the 2nd April tomorrow. Will be a nice treat for Easter.

Question is do I installed the Official or just wait a little bit longer and upgrade to MCR 4.0?

I think the advice being given is to wait for MCR 4.0 as the official version may play havoc with your root access and you may not be able to get it back....

Guest digitalight
I think the advice being given is to wait for MCR 4.0 as the official version may play havoc with your root access and you may not be able to get it back....

Ah ok. Thanks for the advice. MCR 4.0 it is.

Guest SketchF

Patiently checking back every day or two for news on 2.1... I'm sure most people are doing the same. I'm hopeful it might actually appear soon as well... could be mis-placed optimism though! :P

Guest Rubber Ducky

I don't think HTC will release it, ever.

The schedule that was 'leaked' before is all speculation or maybe even fake.

It's very easy to type such a schedule (I can do it right now if you want).

I'll just wait untill my contract ends in september and see if there will be interesting phones.

HTC makes some nice phones but the support just s*cks a$$.

Guest Binario77

Even if HTC corp did release the generic versions of the firmware today I can't see the networks wanting to release on what is going to be a Bank (public) Holiday in most countries of the world that operate a calendar based on the Christian religion. If nothing else the call centres wouldn't cope with the demand from struggling newbs.

Guest nilmunny
Even if HTC corp did release the generic versions of the firmware today I can't see the networks wanting to release on what is going to be a Bank (public) Holiday in most countries of the world that operate a calendar based on the Christian religion. If nothing else the call centres wouldn't cope with the demand from struggling newbs.
Edited by nilmunny

Guest nilmunny

Well us north of the border in scotland do not have bank holidays today or monday, unless your company goes by the english holidays, whch some do. I am stuck in the office however...

Edited by nilmunny

Guest masterpfa

I'm just waiting cannot do anything before 2.1 drops and then I will wait for the DEVS to do their magic.

I gave up doing the daily search sometime ago, just rely on Android news site to let me know, and then wait another day or two.

It will happen people, let's just be patient