commodore 64 emulator (needs work)

Guest procalli

Guest procalli

Was searching around and found an arm port of "come back 64". Installed it to my smartphone and the c64 screen comes up but as it was made for ppc it needs input from a touchscreen.

Emailed writer for code as only dos code is avaliable.

File was found at http://cia.c64.org/emuls/

note doesnt seem to be any way to shut it down although home key does return to home screen

Maybe Ill program it from the dos code once Ive figured out the windows programming syntax ;)

Dont mind the dos code if you can get the windows ce code , it should be

the easiest, i think your priority should be

1. Win CE code

2. Window 32 bit code

3. Dos code

• 3 months later...
Guest neuronisis

ah i can remember it now.ummm....outrun, bubble bobble...... I would love this on my phone, it seems just like yesterday staring at the multi coloured loading screen..ahhhhhhh

Guest siu99spj

I remember playing on this. It was my first computer!!!!

I remember playing what I thought was a great game (My brother haded it!). It was a cartridge game called 'Stix' and you had to enclose the wavy lines with weird coloured boxes you drew the out-line for.

If anyone can find an XP compatible emulator and the game will be forever in my debt!!! Before I get nicked, the game was actually freeware, you just payed for the brown (Most were black) cartridge.

And those cover discs, which were actually cover LP's which you then recorded onto tape! We even had the HUGE 5 1/4" floppy drive for it!!

Ahh, those were the days...

Guest neuronisis

I remember that one CLiff. But i remember the BBC more, used to have them every where at school. My first computer was a toshiba MSX and then a commodore 64, didn't they used to have a commodore 16 or is it just my memory playing tricks on me? :)

yes there was a commodore c16, & there was the plus 4 (64K version of the c16 with built in wordprocessor & spreadsheet), but neither were compatable with the c64. Same processor, different sound & graphics chips.

Guest smartman

Good grief a commodore PET that bring back some memories still looks way ahead of its time.... :wink: just think a pocket version, the mind boggles. I've been through a few machines in my time commodore's VIC20, 64, AMIGA.. Ataris 800, 1200 oh! my mispent youth...

Good grief a commodore PET that bring back some memories still looks way ahead of its time.... :wink:  just think a pocket version, the mind boggles. I've been through a few machines in my time commodore's VIC20, 64, AMIGA.. Ataris 800, 1200 oh! my mispent youth...

Misspent youth? Never, it was technological research for when you got a proper job. I'll let you know if it was worth it when I get a proper job :shock:

So far I have gone through:

2x Atari 2600

1 Spectrum 128

1 Commodore Plus 4

1 Commodore C16

2x Commodore C64

1 Atari 65XE

3x Atari ST's (520 STfm, 520 STe and just got a Mega ST2 for the music studio as a musical scratchpad)

1 Commodore Amiga 1200 (Still miss that 1)

1 Atari Falcon

1 Acorn Archemidies (Overrated really, nice GUI though)

and last but not least 5 encarnations of the PC (Mainly for my music studio, but there is always 1 on the Internet :wink: )

Oh, and the SPV (How could I forget that!)

Hows THAT for a misspent youth!

Anyone want to try an amiga emulator? (Just kidding)

Guest smartman

My you have been through a lot RS just think though if you take todays technology back to the days of the PET and show em what we've got now they probably lock us up for being witches or something :)

now where did I put my broomstick?

Guest SeeJ
I remember playing on this. It was my first computer!!!!

I remember playing what I thought was a great game (My brother haded it!). It was a cartridge game called 'Stix' and you had to enclose the wavy lines with weird coloured boxes you drew the out-line for.

If anyone can find an XP compatible emulator and the game will be forever in my debt!!! Before I get nicked, the game was actually freeware, you just payed for the brown (Most were black) cartridge.

And those cover discs, which were actually cover LP's which you then recorded onto tape! We even had the HUGE 5 1/4" floppy drive for it!!

Ahh, those were the days...

Dude, you gotta download VICE! Its easily the best C64 emulator, IMHO

Works on XP, too. Do a search on Google for it...

Guest SeeJ
If anyone can find an XP compatible emulator and the game will be forever in my debt!!!

Actually, I'm not sure I should have told you this - I don't wanna be forever in your debt!! :?

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :)

Z80 :)

Also had some strange make but can't remember what it was now :?

Not the Oric by any chance?

Anyone here have a TRS80?

Vectrex anyone?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mr Moose

HEE HEE I had a Zx81 with the extra ram....Whhooooooo just marval at its speed! LOL :oops: :lol: :D :oops: :oops: :lol:

Guest agent.m
Amiga emulator anyone???

Remember elite, prince of persia ... ooh the memories!!

Its been asked for (by Me ) many times :lol: but would be a dream come true if someone made one.