commodore 64 emulator (needs work)

Guest procalli

Guest visor
i suppose i may have had the most obscure comp here then...... Mattel Aquarius

actually it had some kick ass games (for the time)

also had z80, zx81, spectrum 48k, spectrum plus, spectrum +2, amiga 500, amiga 1200 (also had pretty much every console that ever existed i think hehehe)

I remember 'Tron Deadly Discs' on the aquarius, it was on a cartridge that you had to load on the right hand side. I thought I was the only one to have one lol

Guest roozbeh

i didnt compltly have time to read all these post....so if noting new sorry :D

but do you know of any one involved in making this?

i tried porting a one but the main problem was ui and i discontinued the project....

maybe i will in summer....

but i know pocket c64 guys are trying to port it...

i dont know what happend afterwards but i know maybe soon c64 will be on smartphones....

TRON is a game name, an available ROM and a game Character. Midnight SPECIFICLY says no chat about games, game roms or game characters. I have reported this thread for moderation.

Guest midnight

plog, i mean use your head, do you see an aquarius emulator for the ms smartphone? so how can he be talking about an emulator rom? We dont have people talking about games, or game characters, but we do have a problem with people talking about game roms (and using a game character to imply a game rom, eg. i want the game with character X in it)

Please, let us do the moderating, you dont have to send me PM's.

Its simple, just use common sense (and no, i shouldnt have removed that picture the other day, i realise that was a mistake)

Oh, and Visor, remember SNAFU? that was like the Tron light cycles, and of course, the best game ever for it was Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, where the monsters changed colour depending on the level/power, as did your weapons, completed it of course (last enemy was the white dragon i think)

You made you position quite clear, i said a game name in a context completely unrelated to any rom or emulator, to find out if youd remove it - and you did. Now youre tying to split hairs because you can see how its not always convenient to moderate - which has always been my point and position... remember, these are your rules, not mine.

We dont have people talking about games, or game characters
Yeah right...

i shouldnt have removed that picture the other day, i realise that was a mistake

Please tell me why ? - it was an obvious link to a possible request for a rom when the emulator arrives... "ID LOVE THIS" is the same as saying "if anyone out there has it, email me"... in not so many words. It was a game, available as a Rom, you cant say the game name because it infers a link to the game, (your rules remember) but the screenshot of the name and the games main screen is ok - ill remember that for clarity reasons, i hope you dont mind if i refer back to this next time you slep me down when i do it is all. So considering it contravines your rules, you think it was a mistake to remove.. please let me know why, either here or by IM, id love to know - thanks.

And as a moderator, i should feel ok to IM you regarding any board rule violations shouldnt i ?

You know - i just tried to look back to quote something you said - AND YOU ERASED IT - way to cover your tracks man.... you have complete "i never said that" covered.

Allow me to quote from memory "THE RULES STATE YOU CANT TALK ABOUT GAME TITLES OR GAME CHARACTERS OR ROMS" It was very plainly put after some pressure to clarify. Now today you say "We dont have people talking about games, or game characters".

And you call me confused, heh... hey can i get that warning recinded, according to "We dont have people talking about games, or game characters" i havent done anything wrong now !! ... if youre right that is.... I shouldnt try to interpret, i should follow a simple rule, and i am, so like, whats the problem ? MODERATE THE VIOLATION.

Thx :D

I mean, if you cant follow your own rules, or even understand them, how am I supposed to :D

Guest midnight

'We dont have people talking about games, or game characters'

thats actually missworded, what i meant was we dont have A PROBLEM with people talking about games or game characters so long as they arent talking about game roms, saying you'd love to have a game on a phone has nothing to do with roms. I dont see anything wrong with the previous posts, neither are asking for roms, neither are talking about roms. Just use some common sense is all.

Please stop trolling, all i can see is you complaining about the same subject over and over, this is against forum rules, you should know the rules by now, so please, stop.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

My reputation would imply that i'm tempted to lock this thread off, however i won't. Seeing as nothing solid has come of the C64 emu in nearly 18 months i'm moving this to Off Topic. If anyone does have a beta or full version they want to distribute or beta test, feel free to start a relevant thread in the Apps forum.

Plog: Your posts on this forum have all been questioning and critising (sp) the forum rules, to this effect you provied bait and mid bit. This is also known as trolling, across forums and Usenet this is seen as unsociable and unwanted.

The fourm rules are there as guidelines. Make of them as you will but don't take the piss, which you have admistted doing. We are only trying to protect our ties with the industry that get you the members the giveaways, meets and competitions.

In my eyes it is ok to talk about ROM's, game characters and trademark names. This is especially useful when testing a new emu app (as we have seen in the Picodrive thread). Where you got them from is none of my or the moderators business, however we don't want it to get to a stage where people are blatently bragging about where, how and how many ROM's they have "aquired".

To everyone: use your common sense before posting, and don't be a wind up merchant. We're all here to help each other.

Guest awarner [MVP]
My reputation would imply that i'm tempted to lock this thread off, however i won't.  

Plog: Your posts on this forum have all been questioning and critising (sp) the forum rules, to this effect you provied bait and mid bit.

So to summarize,

Midnight bites

Mono Locks

And I WILL ban anyone who carries on with this stupid behavior.

I work bloody hard on this site along with many others to help our fellow

members sort their problems out, and to generally make this a light hearted and friendly place to be for all members.

I refuse to allow anyone to ruin all the work and achievement we have all

done here, none of us get paid for our work, we do it because we want to be here, because we are a community.

I will not tolerate any more of this ridiculous posting in the vain attempt

of nitpicking the rules to twist them into meaning something they are not.

Consider this my only warning.