• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

guy_incognito262

guy_incognito262

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910

Appears I should have read through this topic before installing. I also have experienced the disappearing WiFi issue. It worked initially, but now the WiFi icon is gone from the settings, and WiFi disappeared from connection manager. This has persisted through 3 soft resets so far.

I am using the titanium version.

Thanks.

Well, the wifi is back working. Don't know why, but it is, and I am not gonna complain.

peperonikiller

peperonikiller

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910, Moto Q9C
  • Twitter:@peperonikiller
I have updated my kitchen, and it also appears that a lot of reg settings are missing in the switch to DC22. So a lot of preset reg settings arent there, like mms and backlight, things of that nature.. im slowly adding them back in. Im going to start cooking in the HTC wireless settings utilities to see if that will help with the wifi issue.

Join my Facebook group HERE
Posted Image

robertjm

robertjm

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i910
I'm having issues with my blue tooth headset initiating calls. Tried installing Tellme, but it doesn't seem to start when I try and run it. Then I installed good old fashioned Voice Command, but still no go.

Anyone else having issues with BT in the v2 ROM or is it something I've got messed up on my phone?

Robert

I have updated my kitchen, and it also appears that a lot of reg settings are missing in the switch to DC22. So a lot of preset reg settings arent there, like mms and backlight, things of that nature.. im slowly adding them back in. Im going to start cooking in the HTC wireless settings utilities to see if that will help with the wifi issue.

HTC Thunderbolt with SynergyROM Nighties
Samsung Omnia i910 with thekevster's M2D WM 6.5 ROM v3 DC22/23563 (retired)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Fujitsu AH531 laptop (home)
Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin 64bit desktop (home)
rooted Barnes & Noble Nook Color

peperonikiller

peperonikiller

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

I'm having issues with my blue tooth headset initiating calls. Tried installing Tellme, but it doesn't seem to start when I try and run it. Then I installed good old fashioned Voice Command, but still no go.

Anyone else having issues with BT in the v2 ROM or is it something I've got messed up on my phone?

Robert

Any voice command apps wont work since i didnt cook that in to my roms, v3 lite will have it though, along with many other fixes.. its just about ready for upload too.

Posted Image

robertjm

robertjm

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Actually, I found cabs and installed them myself. However, maybe there's something else missing cause they're not working.

Any voice command apps wont work since i didnt cook that in to my roms, v3 lite will have it though, along with many other fixes.. its just about ready for upload too.

brickbeats

brickbeats

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Dear Pep, your roms have made me like my phone sooo much more along with the samsung update. I appreciate the work that you put into your roms for us to use. I am looking foward to the next updated rom. If there is anyway i can help let me know. Brick

peperonikiller

peperonikiller

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Dear Pep, your roms have made me like my phone sooo much more along with the samsung update. I appreciate the work that you put into your roms for us to use. I am looking foward to the next updated rom. If there is anyway i can help let me know. Brick

Going to fix wifi issue then update my roms TONIGHT!!! woot, im excited as well.. I will also be doing a lot of work on my M2D version tonight as well, dunno if i will finish it tonight tho..

Posted Image

brickbeats

brickbeats

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
if it helps, i'm using v2 of your lite rom and i was able to get the wifi working fairly easy by deleting the ip adress that was automatically assigned to the wifi card...

peperonikiller

peperonikiller

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Im now using the dll's from Waremike's kitchen, so hopefully that fixes the wifi from not even showing up in Com Manager.

Posted Image

peperonikiller

peperonikiller

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Updated Lite to v3. This release is more of a beta since im still updating start menu icons. But i think i fixed all of the issues everyone is talking about. If not let me know, i do need to figure out the Alarm registry settings too

Posted Image

robertjm

robertjm

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Thanks for cranking out the update. However, there are a couple of observations on the new v3 Lite.

First off, you added a theme (glassy blue cherry?) as opposed to the generic teal blue? I could see adding that to the titanium, but the Lite ROM?

When turning on the phone, I get a mortscript msg about scripts/extensions being registered (screen shot attached). The very first time I soft reset the phone there was a mortscript error msg as well. However, that has not returned since the first time. You can get by this current error by clicking OK. It's just that it wasn't there in the v2 ROM

More importantly, the Hard Reset button (in settings) doesn't seem to do anything. It used to reset the phone when I hit OK, but now it just goes back into the Settings menu

Robert

Updated Lite to v3. This release is more of a beta since im still updating start menu icons. But i think i fixed all of the issues everyone is talking about. If not let me know, i do need to figure out the Alarm registry settings too

Attached Files

Edited by robertjm, 26 April 2010 - 05:22 PM.

Zero XG4

Zero XG4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i-910
omg that glossy blue cherry theme is HOT. any way you could cab that as a theme?

peperonikiller

peperonikiller

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Thanks for cranking out the update. However, there are a couple of observations on the new v3 Lite.

First off, you added a theme (glassy blue cherry?) as opposed to the generic teal blue? I could see adding that to the titanium, but the Lite ROM?

More importantly, the Hard Reset button (in settings) doesn't seem to do anything. It used to reset the phone when I hit OK, but now it just goes back into the Settings menu

Robert

The added theme does not increase memory size because i just replaced the original files. And as for the Hard Reset icon, looks like i need to remove the shortcut, something i removed from the OEM but never deleted its shortcut.

Posted Image

peperonikiller

peperonikiller

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

omg that glossy blue cherry theme is HOT. any way you could cab that as a theme?

Im sure i can cab it soon

Posted Image

guy_incognito262

guy_incognito262

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910
Thanks for the update.

When turning on the phone, I get a mortscript msg about scripts/extensions being registered (screen shot attached). The very first time I soft reset the phone there was a mortscript error msg as well. However, that has not returned since the first time. You can get by this current error by clicking OK. It's just that it wasn't there in the v2 ROM

I had this error message with version 2.

Zero XG4

Zero XG4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i-910

That'd be great, thanks! thats just the perfect color blue theme that I've been looking for

peperonikiller

peperonikiller

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
The mortscript pop-up is because of XDA_UC. Somewhere there is an edited version that does not display those MS pop-ups. I will look into it

Posted Image

rtimi28

rtimi28

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Devices:samsung omnia i910
Pep,

I'm loving your rom as you keep advancing. Great work, I guess I have to flash the newest one. I have some questions though.
  • Adding mouse back in
  • Building a rom with Samsung omnialite apps in but without the touchwiz and menu in. So basically useful apps like calc, calendar, converter etc.

robertjm

robertjm

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
If its not too hard to do, could you cab up the original theme too? I liked the teal background because it matched the San Jose Sharks, my favorite hockey club. :huh:

peperonikiller

peperonikiller

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Pep,

I'm loving your rom as you keep advancing. Great work, I guess I have to flash the newest one. I have some questions though.

• Adding mouse back in
  • Building a rom with Samsung omnialite apps in but without the touchwiz and menu in. So basically useful apps like calc, calendar, converter etc.

I wont be including any of those in my roms but i can find the cabs for them if you'd like

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users