Android 2.2 on the way

Guest cezent

Guest deanesn
What if put everything back to stock form ROM and Recovery?

evan though the bootloader will still be unlocked.

You will receive updates but like every1 will tell you the android community is fast at updating the roms that if you have custom rom the chance of you getting the updated from the rom cooker would be faster then your google or wireless carrier pushing it out. Watch google IO conference when they release updated SDK with froyo it will take hours for devs to get their roms updated. :huh: (NOTE: I am hoping for froyo at IO conf)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Hero
Thought you guys might like to see this :P

Adobe Tests Flash on 'froyo'

Very nice. My favorite part about that video was the new and improved homescreen he showed at the end of the video. Looks like 2.2 will integrate the phone icon into the launcher space and free up some squares elsewhere.

Guest ksc6000
Very nice. My favorite part about that video was the new and improved homescreen he showed at the end of the video. Looks like 2.2 will integrate the phone icon into the launcher space and free up some squares elsewhere.

I loaded that website up, the ecodazoo.com on my desire port, and the site loads up great, just like in the video, but the thing that I can't figure out is how to interact with the site, when I try to touch and move up the tree, it just moves the whole page.

Guest stevenz
I loaded that website up, the ecodazoo.com on my desire port, and the site loads up great, just like in the video, but the thing that I can't figure out is how to interact with the site, when I try to touch and move up the tree, it just moves the whole page.

That's because unless you've managed to shoehorn proper flash (not the HTC sense quasi-Flash) support onto your phone somehow, it doesn't support interaction unlike the upcoming 2.2. If Flash already worked properly then the announcement of upcoming Flash support would be meaningless.

Edited by stevenz

Guest ksc6000
That's because unless you've managed to shoehorn proper flash (not the HTC sense quasi-Flash) support onto your phone somehow, it doesn't support interaction unlike the upcoming 2.2. If Flash already worked properly then the announcement of upcoming Flash support would be meaningless.

I actually grabbed the orange flash rectangle and I was able to move up and down the tree while I held it down. But then as soon as I let it go...it stopped interacting, and I couldn't get it back. Lol.

Still nice to have the HTC sense quasi-Flash than no flash like all other nexus one users, don't you think?

Guest C0rpi

My question is, when comes the MoDaCo CustomRom with android 2.2 ? ! ?Or better how much hours/days/weeks/montch(hope not the lastone :)) need, the nice guys to creat it, when the official Froyo is coming out? ¨!

Guest Scrtcwlvl
"Support" does not necessarily means "include", it may come later through the Market...

Guessing that may 19th date was simply an announcement date, when should we expect to see some OTA bubbles popping up?

Also, will we need the stock rom?

Edited by Scrtcwlvl

Guest DavideBeatrice
Guessing that may 19th date was simply an announcement date, when should we expect to see some OTA bubbles popping up?

Also, will we need the stock rom?

...I hope soon ;-)

...AFAIK the OTA update works only if the phone isn't rooted and with the original bootloader...

correct me if Im wrong

Guest Serpentis
Oh no's!!! No fm tuner/receiver in Froyo :-(

Seriously guys.

Froyo features list is NOT EQUAL to Nexus One firmware update including Froyo.

Today, they just announced the new things included in Froyo for ALL devices.

When you'll get Froyo OTA for your N1, it will come with a firmware update including bug corrections/added features that are N1 specifics.

Guest squirreleater
"Support" does not necessarily means "include", it may come later through the Market...

Flash 10.1 should be available for download now (Beta) pointless unless you have 2.2.....

2.2 will be here very soon I'm guessing.