Anyone want to swap a nexus one for my htc desire

Guest andrewpmoore

Guest andrewpmoore

I've just got an unlocked desire yesterday, personally I'm not impressed with sense ui. I know some people love it, but I'm not a fan and would really prefer a 'stock' android phone.

Would anyone consider a swap. The nexus one would have to be in great condition as the desire is less than 24 hours old.

Preferably in the UK, but would consider other locations.

Guest bakano

I would be extremely interested in a swap, but I live in the U.S.

my nexus is in near perfect condition though; I've had it in a gel glove since I got it and have yet to drop it =)

oh, and it is not branded

EDIT :: I didn't mean to quote jonnyw2k lol

Edited by bakano

Guest bakano
i dropped my desire earlier ;) was only like a foot onto carpet but i was like NOOO!!!!

lol i assume that was the first drop? =X i'm soooo sorry =(

it had to happen though... it will be ok...

=P

Guest andrewpmoore
I would be extremely interested in a swap, but I live in the U.S.

my nexus is in near perfect condition though; I've had it in a gel glove since I got it and have yet to drop it =)

oh, and it is not branded

EDIT :: I didn't mean to quote jonnyw2k lol

Thanks for the interest, I might wait and see if anyone in the UK is interested first, as postage to the US is quite expensive. Still may be interested though.

Guest raman11
I've just got an unlocked desire yesterday, personally I'm not impressed with sense ui. I know some people love it, but I'm not a fan and would really prefer a 'stock' android phone.

Would anyone consider a swap. The nexus one would have to be in great condition as the desire is less than 24 hours old.

Hi have Nexus one since and using since Jan. Boot loader has been unlocked and I am using Modaco rom. I will be interested for swap but mine is not as new as yours and have scratches on couple of places. I am in Middlesex greater London.

Guest AndyCr15

I think most N1's will have a few minor marks here and there. What part of England are you in?

Tbh, I'd probably prefer to stick with my rooted N1, with noise cancellation, custom ROM and launcher and glowing colours trackball for notifications ;)

(Also, I have an N1 car mount already)

Good luck though.

(lol, I just looked up at the TV and an HTC Desire advert was on! What timing?!?!)

Guest andrewpmoore
Hi have Nexus one since and using since Jan. Boot loader has been unlocked and I am using Modaco rom. I will be interested for swap but mine is not as new as yours and have scratches on couple of places. I am in Middlesex greater London.

Are there any scratches to the screen? Would it be possible to take photos?

I'm a fair way from you (Leeds, West Yorkshire)

Guest pmcguire
i Have a N1 in perfect condion and would love a desire, I'm happy to pay for postage

I'm in Finland but have family in Manchester and have a perfect Nexus One, would swap for the desire.

Send me a mail "blah blah blah"

removed email address.

Edited by pmcguire

Guest Azurren

How exactly would you send it though? For all you know you could just be giving away a free desire / nexus one.. Or maybe I just see the worst in people.

Guest andrewpmoore
How exactly would you send it though? For all you know you could just be giving away a free desire / nexus one.. Or maybe I just see the worst in people.

I know there's a fair risk, that's why I'm ideally trying to do an exchange with somebody in a commutable area so the swap could be done in person.

Guest masterpfa
I'm sure someone will release a non sense firmware in the future. I have both phones and prefer the feel of the desire.

Slightly off topic, what benefits in your opinion does the Desire have over the Nexus 1? ;)

Guest nfl46
Slightly off topic, what benefits in your opinion does the Desire have over the Nexus 1? ;)

The fact that it has a fully functional Sense UI and all we have is functional one with issues, lol. I kid you!

Guest andrewpmoore

FM Radio, slightly more memory and a fully working sense UI, real buttons under screen and optical mouse.

Guest lamabodo

Turn Sense off until someone releases a non-sensical ROM. In settings/applications/manage applications/ find HTC Sense, and clear the defaults. Press the home button, and select the non-sense option (and tack the use as default checkbox). Hey presto, you have a non-sensical Desire - i.e. a Nexus One.

And, when someone releases a ROM sans Sense, you can flash it and take advantage of the extra storage you get from getting rid of it completely.

-lb

Edited by lamabodo

Guest AndyCr15
FM Radio, slightly more memory and a fully working sense UI, real buttons under screen and optical mouse.

Maybe that's why I prefer my N1. 1) I don't listen to radio. 2) More memory is gone when Sense UI is running 3) Granted, I would like real buttons 4) I prefer my trackball which glows different colours when I have different notifications. The N1 has a noise cancelling mic too ;)

Anyway, this shouldn't turn into a 'which is better debate'.

Guest andrewpmoore
Turn Sense off until someone releases a non-sensical ROM. In settings/applications/manage applications/ find HTC Sense, and clear the defaults. Press the home button, and select the non-sense option (and tack the use as default checkbox). Hey presto, you have a non-sensical Desire - i.e. a Nexus One.

And, when someone releases a ROM sans Sense, you can flash it and take advantage of the extra storage you get from getting rid of it completely.

-lb

That only worked on pre-production versions. The prod version doesn't include all the default launchers etc - so there's no non-sense option, it just relaunches sense ui.

Guest masterpfa
Maybe that's why I prefer my N1. 1) I don't listen to radio. 2) More memory is gone when Sense UI is running 3) Granted, I would like real buttons 4) I prefer my trackball which glows different colours when I have different notifications. The N1 has a noise cancelling mic too ;)

Anyway, this shouldn't turn into a 'which is better debate'.

Thanks all for your replies. Personally I have been leaning towards the Nexus 1, the noise cancelling microphone and getting updates immediately.

As you may be able to tell from my signature, I choose to live without sense AND I am aware Sense can be turned off on the Desire but I think the experience of not knowing if an update will arrive for the Hero, HTC are likely to lose me as a customer... Unless of course the HTC EVO arrives on UK shores ;)

Guest gadjet110

Hi andrewpmoore.

I am a bit closer Gloucester, UK- if you still have it for a swap I would like to meet up.

I have a mint condition N1 bought the day after its offical release from Google.com store, it has an unlocked boootloader and RA-nexus-v1.7.0, see here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=611829 which basically means you can load any cooked rom, or proper rom via an update.zip file, and I currently have Cyanogenmod V5.0.6 rom installed http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?/to...-v506-04152010/

If you are interested let me know bud, I personnally love HTC Sence interface, and can't wait for a ROM for the N1 with this on it.

I am willing to swap, even though I know the N1 is technically better (and costs over 100 bucks more) than the Desire.

Guest nollie

I don't mean to take over this topic, but on the subject of the HTC Desire and N1 I would like some feedback on which I should purchase as I am at the end of my contract (currently own an Omnia running a custom M2D ROM).

I understand there is little difference in the devices - Apparently Desire has better camera functionality and keyboard, SenseUI is dependent on personal preferences, Nexus has speech capability, trackball rather than optical pad, less RAM - Seems to be the only differences

Another thing - Though both devices have the same battery capacity, I have read some issues here on Modaco about users getting disappointing usage out of their device - is this the same with the Nexus One? This is quite a significant factor for me.

The Nexus One is being released exclusively by Vodafone in the UK tomorrow, free on a £35p/m 24 month contract with 600 minutes, unlimited texts and Internet. They do offer the same tariff over 18 months, but costs £40p/m and £35 really is my limit for a phone contract.

The HTC Desire has been out for a few weeks and found a decent deal by T-Mobile, free on a £30p/m 18 month contract with 600 minutes and 500 texts (enough for my usage) and Internet.

Would you say I should choose the Desire due to savings I would make over the Nexus' contract, or does the Nexus One's benefits (if you could let me know) outweigh the cost?

Edited by nollie

Guest AndyCr15

I have them both at the moment, trying to decide which one to keep. There are two big things going in favour of the Desire, the physical keys (I hate having to help people press the N1's soft buttons cause they wont work for them. They don't always work for me too) and the gorgeous Sense UI interface. It does also have a slightly better feel in my hand.

In favour of the N1, flashing rom's is easier, will likely get ROM updates quicker, I actually prefer the glowing trackball and it has a voice cancelling mic. Chances are, at somepoint soon a Desire ROM will be released for the N1 with working Bluetooth and the only reason I should keep the Desire will be those physical buttons...

So, if you like tinkering, go with the N1. If you don't want to root it, don't want to mess about then get the Desire.

Guest andrewpmoore
I have them both at the moment, trying to decide which one to keep. There are two big things going in favour of the Desire, the physical keys (I hate having to help people press the N1's soft buttons cause they wont work for them. They don't always work for me too) and the gorgeous Sense UI interface. It does also have a slightly better feel in my hand.

In favour of the N1, flashing rom's is easier, will likely get ROM updates quicker, I actually prefer the glowing trackball and it has a voice cancelling mic. Chances are, at somepoint soon a Desire ROM will be released for the N1 with working Bluetooth and the only reason I should keep the Desire will be those physical buttons...

So, if you like tinkering, go with the N1. If you don't want to root it, don't want to mess about then get the Desire.

Well I'ved managed to source an N1 for an ok price. So have both at the moment. I going to keep the N1 and sell the desire. I do like the desire keys as the N1 soft buttons are not too good, but I do prefer the stock android rom.

Thanks for all the comments. So if anyone wants an HTC desire unlocked and unbranded I'm happy to sell it for £335.