[ROM LEAK] Liquid E 0.010.00

Guest LIQUID_USER

Is the digital compass working correctly on this new rom?

Someone has tested copilot or google maps navigation??

The Compass is working perfekt on Google Maps. In which Version it wasn't working?

Maps Navigation is working, too.

Guest Artic0131

Ok, I managed to flash this .bin and I think I found why it didn't work the first time I tried.

Before flashing this bin I updated to version 0.5.2 of malezRecovery and when I flashed it it gave me an error message:

writing 'boot'... FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))

But the recovery was working just fine. And when I flashed the .bin I got the same error in the log file of the Acer A1 tool.

So I tried to flash malez recovery again and this time it worked without error.

So I tried to update to the latest .bin again and it worked without any problems.

Guest Vishal Arya

wow , finally 2.1 rom that feesl faster , i am gonna stick to this one for some time now to see how it goes.. happy so far

no random reboots ;) like previous versions of leaked 2.1

touch sensitivity is also improved

nexus one live wallpaper is problematic

Edited by Vishal Arya

Guest pipajoja
wow , finally 2.1 rom that feesl faster , i am gonna stick to this one for some time now to see how it goes.. happy so far

no random reboots ;) like previous versions of leaked 2.1

touch sensitivity is also improved

nexus one live wallpaper is problematic

problematic? a little more description on that please?

Guest Riekr
Sure? Because it was also working fine for me in 0.008.

yes sure, i also confirm this using google maps navigation and motonav.

can't confirm it with navigon ;)

btw, i'll try it this evening and let you know tomorrow morning

Guest brunoM83

In use since this morning and no FC , no reboot , more fast and recovery Malez 0.5.2 works (root,market)

i wait to see if battery is less consuming (sorry for bad english)

Same problem with wallpapers Nexus (white screen) ;)

Edited by brunoM83

Guest Riekr

i tried to root this bin with malez 5.2 (method 2 as suggested previously) but how can i automatically get root access when using "adb shell"?

Guest Vishal Arya
In use since this morning and no FC , no reboot , more fast and recovery Malez 0.5.2 works (root,market)

i wait to see if battery is less consuming (sorry for bad english)

Same problem with wallpapers Nexus (white screen) ;)

Edited by Vishal Arya

Guest jayziac

Can I just flash my Liquid (currently 1.6 2.000.16_EMEA) with this bin using the old Acer tool? Do I need malez recovery and all that stuff? Is the purpose of malez recovery in case something goes wrong? I'm not interested in root or custom roms, just want to run a stock Acer 2.1 ROM. Does the Acer tool have some sort of recovery too? I wish someone wrote a more general guide for flashing these roms and what the purpose of each of these tools and step are for instead of just "follow these" steps and you should get to "here"...

Guest Quipeace
Can I just flash my Liquid (currently 1.6 2.000.16_EMEA) with this bin using the old Acer tool? Do I need malez recovery and all that stuff? Is the purpose of malez recovery in case something goes wrong? I'm not interested in root or custom roms, just want to run a stock Acer 2.1 ROM. Does the Acer tool have some sort of recovery too? I wish someone wrote a more general guide for flashing these roms and what the purpose of each of these tools and step are for instead of just "follow these" steps and you should get to "here"...

A custom recovery isn't nessesary when you're not going to run custom roms and stuff like it, but you can easily backup the whole system to recover when you want to go back to when everything was running smooth :huh:

Guest goa200
A custom recovery isn't nessesary when you're not going to run custom roms and stuff like it, but you can easily backup the whole system to recover when you want to go back to when everything was running smooth :huh:

uhhh a recovery isnt solely for custom roms dude. its for sooo much more. flash a theme, flash single files, partition, root your system amongst others.

so yes id flash the recovery unless you dont plan on rooting it then you got no need for a recovery except for the backuppart

Guest ahyim
i tried to root this bin with malez 5.2 (method 2 as suggested previously) but how can i automatically get root access when using "adb shell"?

just type 'su'

Guest Richard Högberg

Somebody who can upload the Facebook.apk from /system/app ?

EDIT: nevermind...

Edited by Richard Högberg

Guest rafyvitto

So i still have the same issue as with 0.008 battery idicator goes into a ? on it the phone keys stop to respond, screen slaso stops to respond, even though i can lower and raise the volume and everything else that was processing continues to process, its just that the screen/softkeys stop responding, if this continues to happend in official 2.1 im saying goodbye to acer, i've supported them along 2 phones, i cant stand the random issues there phones can spawn out no were, il just go back to htc.

Guest jayziac
So i still have the same issue as with 0.008 battery idicator goes into a ? on it the phone keys stop to respond, screen slaso stops to respond, even though i can lower and raise the volume and everything else that was processing continues to process, its just that the screen/softkeys stop responding, if this continues to happend in official 2.1 im saying goodbye to acer, i've supported them along 2 phones, i cant stand the random issues there phones can spawn out no were, il just go back to htc.

Check out some of the htc forums and I'm sure you'll find similar problems with all manufacturers. I would wait for an official Acer ROM before jumping to conclusions. These leaked roms seem like they still need some testing & tweaking left, which is probably why there are all these delays and pushbacks on 2.1 ROMs (on Motorola & HTC handsets too).

Guest eX1337

I've rooted that ROM with malez root-methode 2 and i'm root on shell.

But i can't push anything to /data/app or cant execute "remount" -.-

Guest NoIDBastard

Megaupload currently says: "The file you to download is currently not avaiable." :P :blink:

Maybe it's just for Premium but here's a re-upload for people who don't got a premium account :huh: :

http://www.multiupload.com/BNSDWOY3DE

Guest Redline66

I tested the new bin during some hours. The screen locked 2 times without apparent reason, the only way to reboot was to take out the battery. Also laggy when starting some applications, what I hadn't with Xian's rom (the best one to my humble opinion). And no way to make APPS2SD work, even with the /system/sd directory properly created. The only thing that seems to work correctly compare to the 008 leak is the navigation/compass. I really hope all those residual issues will be solved with the finale 2.1 - I can't stand having a 300 eur device rebooting or hanging randomly...

I don't understand why people have locked screens.

It only happened me one in 0.008.

This ROM feels good, pretty fast and now the gps work. You can even use it without task killers, but I still advise to install one.