Trying to upgrade to DC22

Guest level140

Guest level140

I am trying to upgrade, but the updater says I don't have an omnia i910... Do I need to flash back to the plain CF03 first? And can someone give me that img? (Not as a torrent, my computer won't download those)

Guest cac2us
I am trying to upgrade, but the updater says I don't have an omnia i910... Do I need to flash back to the plain CF03 first? And can someone give me that img? (Not as a torrent, my computer won't download those)

If you have a custom CF03 ROM installed then you must run the CF03 update first.

Then Hard Reset. (Stylus in the hole then Send+End then Send).

Then run the DC22 update then Hard reset, then flash a custom ROM.

If you don't use MMS then try one of my custom DC22 ROMs.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/12702333/dc2d4535/sharing.html

EDIT:

DC22.img is up.

Enjoy.

Edited by cac2us

Guest level140

I do use MMS, but thanks anyways.

Thanks for the DC22img. Could someone point me to the original CF03 installer or and img? (again, not a torrent)

Guest guy_incognito262

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you only need to flash back to the original CF03 if you want to use the Samsung installer for DC22. I think you can flash from a custom CF03 rom directly to DC22 if you update via the DC22.img using UMDL. <- That's what I did, and it seems to have worked fine.

Guest jaycarl
If you have a custom CF03 ROM installed then you must run the CF03 update first.

Then Hard Reset. (Stylus in the hole then Send+End then Send).

Then run the DC22 update then Hard reset, then flash a custom ROM.

If you don't use MMS then try one of my custom DC22 ROMs.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/12702333/dc2d4535/sharing.html

EDIT:

DC22.img is up.

Enjoy.

isn't the whole point to flash to a new rom is to have better functionality on the phone? why would anyone flash to a rom with less functionality?

just wondering

Guest .Ejekt
What's the verdict on updating to DC22 with Windows 7?

Update complete and successful!

Windows 7 x64

(Used Vista updater)

Did not flash back to CF03 before upgrade.

Guest nmayer79
Update complete and successful!

Windows 7 x64

(Used Vista updater)

Did not flash back to CF03 before upgrade.

you used the official upgrade tool? it told me i already had i already had the latest software and the upgrade failed. i deff dont have dc22 on my phone already?????? trying the umdl route now.....

Guest nmayer79
you used the official upgrade tool? it told me i already had i already had the latest software and the upgrade failed. i deff dont have dc22 on my phone already?????? trying the umdl route now.....

umdl isn't working either, couple months ago was having problem connecting to win 7 at all via activesync (wmdc) fix that i finally found was to turn advanced network functionality off. not sure if that's why this isn't working for me or not. Only way i can get umdl to even attempt to work is if i use the unified image file button but every time i hit detect and turn phone on i get weird error messages???? Any thoughts, comments, advice???

Edited by nmayer79

Guest peperonikiller
umdl isn't working either, couple months ago was having problem connecting to win 7 at all via activesync (wmdc) fix that i finally found was to turn advanced network functionality off. not sure if that's why this isn't working for me or not. Only way i can get umdl to even attempt to work is if i use the unified image file button but every time i hit detect and turn phone on i get weird error messages???? Any thoughts, comments, advice???

Make sure for Windows Mobile Device Center you have Allow USB connection unchecked. Set your phone for Mass Storage Mode. Then reset the phone without UMDL just in case windows needs to go thru a driver install at all. Then you can try to reset it again with UMDL in detect mode

Guest nmayer79
Make sure for Windows Mobile Device Center you have Allow USB connection unchecked. Set your phone for Mass Storage Mode. Then reset the phone without UMDL just in case windows needs to go thru a driver install at all. Then you can try to reset it again with UMDL in detect mode

!*$! left my phone on activesync.... dont i feel stupid.... havent flashed since storm's 28205 came out.... good looking out peperonikiller

well that didn't solve my problem.. Think it has something to with turning advanced network setting off to get activesync to work. but i dont think just turning it back on will help. my win 7 ultimate 64 just dont like my phone!! Keep getting some winusb initialize error plus 5 or 6 more error pop ups. most of them say something about winusb??????????

Edited by nmayer79

Guest jbrittmartin

just got back to this forum for the first time in a long while.

what's with the DC22 update?

what's it add or remove? how is it better?

Guest rpmm70
just got back to this forum for the first time in a long while.

what's with the DC22 update?

what's it add or remove? how is it better?

DC22 is just another official update from Samsung. This is from the update site:

Samsung has released a software upgrade for the SCH-I910, which is recommended to be installed. This upgrade includes numerous software additions/enhancements/corrections. The update may take up to 10 minutes to complete if the system is already set up.

This upgrade contains several enhancements and features. Highlights are listed below.

* Qualcomm Patch (M6801BSMBRLAZ56205) is updated. Improving overall call quality.

* Multiple Updates/Fixes applied to the Opera browser.

* Update to XT9 is applied to correct Add word issues seen by users.

* Algorithm codec has been corrected to allocate correct amount of memory when attaching a Full resolution image file to a MMS message. This will fix “Image resize Fail” seen by some users.