no internet sometimes until restart

Guest jdouce

Guest jdouce

had it twice now... signal is full but internet refuses to connect to any website ... same for maps etc... upon restart all is fine...

any 1 else experienced this?

Edited by jdouce

Guest okokokok
had it twice now... signal is full but internet refuses to connect to any website ... same for maps etc... upon restart all is fine...

any 1 else experienced this?

Actually yes...

This happens to me at home quite a lot and seems to happen more often when i have 3G off. Switching to 3G usually fixes it for me. It's very sporadic though so i wasn't sure what the issue is.

Guest jdouce
Actually yes...

This happens to me at home quite a lot and seems to happen more often when i have 3G off. Switching to 3G usually fixes it for me. It's very sporadic though so i wasn't sure what the issue is.

theres another post about 35 not working if you have been using wifi ... i was able to replicate this but not sure as to what the problem is

3g on and working ,

connect to wifi

browse web

disable wifi

3g not working

restart

3g working

Guest kman123

Yeah, i notice that my internet randomly turns off aswell.

Switching to airplane mode and then back again usually fixes it, but im not sure what could be causing it.

however, its really annoying if i need to check something quickly and it doesnt work

Guest phrawzty
Sometimes when i loose data connexion, i switch to airplane mode, or i switch phone off & on, and everything's fine then...

Sounds like the same issue noted in this thread :

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...g-data-network/

The only advice so far has been to either power-cycle the phone, or to cycle toggle airplane mode ; unfortunately, those are both just work-arounds, not really solutions. :huh:

Guest yazooo

same here. on wifi, go out of wifi zone and 3g doesn't connect. i either turn off and on mobile data connections or restart the phone...very annoying. on KPN in Netherlands.

Guest The_IMF

What ROMS are people using?

I've not had an issue on the Generic ROM...

But I do have an issue for network location but only where I live and nowhere else! lol

Guest giggsey

But I do have an issue for network location but only where I live and nowhere else! lol

Default Orange ROM at the moment, not bothered with the generic until I have to wipe to get rooted :huh:

Guest The_IMF
Default Orange ROM at the moment, not bothered with the generic until I have to wipe to get rooted :huh:

Yeah I moved to Generic as soon as I could as the T-Mobile one was a battery hog and had a few glitches. The Generic one seems pretty smooth at the moment and I haven't encountered any issues to rave about.

Guest okokokok

I'm using Generic T-mobile ROM mate.

Guest worstenbrood

i have a similar problem with roaming, i have to switch airplane mode on off before i can connect to the roaming network. I'm using a generic rom.

Guest yazooo

I have the generic rom here, not provider tweaked. Doesn't happen every time I go from wifi to mobile data, but sometimes. This coupled with VPN issue, and FTP over 3G issues are a few blemishes on an otherwise very good phone.

Guest battletank

Not quite the same problem - but I just travelled with my Desire, and found that even with roaming switched on, I couldn't make a data connection. Switching aeroplane mode on and off didn't fix it, but restarting the phone did.