I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo Custom ROM for the HTC Desire! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know.
Remember that if you use this ROM, you do so entirely at your own risk!!
About MoDaCo Custom ROMs
MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.
In order to use this ROM on your device, you must be rooted and be able to launch the custom recovery image using the supplied scripts in the root package. You can read more about how to root and launch the CRI on your device in [url="http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desire-desire-modaco-com/307365/04-may-r4-htc-desire-rooting-guide-now-for-windows-mac-linux/""]this topic[/url].
- Based on the 1.21.xxx.x ROM series
- Pre-rooted with su and Superuser Permissions 2.0.3 by ChainsDD
- Built with the MCR build process which reduces the size and boosts the speed of the ROM
- Patched 'Rosie' (Sense) to allow click-drag homescreen rearrange when pinch-zoomed out
- busybox with Droid Explorer support
- 'Genie' News and Weather widget
- Jbed Java
- MCR version displayed in 'About' screen
- 'Navigation Panel' (HTC version of 'Car Home')
- OpenVPN binary
- terminfo and settings in boot.img to allow nano etc. use
- Updated Google Maps
- Voice Search
- Removed bootsound (can be restored via the online kitchen)
- Optional A2SD via the online kitchen, including A2SD+
- Optional Android 2.1 stock Contacts application
- Optional Amazon MP3
- Optional Development Tools
- Optional Hebrew fonts
- Optional patched HTC IME version 25 by jonasl
- Optional Titanium Backup
- Optional Wavesecure via the online kitchen (installed to system partition for maximum security)
- Optional WiFi Status indicator
- De-odexed framework for you themers out there!
Please see 2 posts below this one for the changes in each release.
To install this ROM:
- Ensure you have are able to launch the custom recovery image (see 'requirements' above)
- Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card
- Restart your device in recovery mode
- PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
- Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card
No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM, however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.
This ROM is now available in the online kitchen - see the post below for details! In addition to the kitchen, 3 prebaked downloads are available - a version with the default set of MoDaCo additions, a version with the default set of MoDaCo additions and Chinese input and a version with no optional additions at all.
Included in default additions - Spare Parts, Titanium Backup, WaveSecure, WiFi Status Indicator, Wireless Tether
Excluded from default additions (install via online kitchen) - Amazon MP3, Development Tools, A2SD, Radio Image
- r3.1 ROM with default MoDaCo additions - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) - MD5: b289e13007b45c83ba7e38f7306fb017
- r3.1 ROM with default MoDaCo additions and A2SD+ - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) - MD5: a8cea0b85e8c94081c8688784e913651
- r3.1 ROM with default MoDaCo additions and Chinese input - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) - MD5: 3545bb6bf49377efc874684442f7cc14
- r3.1 without default MoDaCo additions - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) - MD5: a7f451a86530dac45468c34364e3f276
Please note that the download links implement referring checking to avoid deep-linking. If you are redirected to the MoDaCo homepage when you download, try 'right click save as', disabling ad blocking / no script or if all else fails try an alternative browser.
Do you want to jump into the discussion at the point the current version was released? Then start at this post!
It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.
If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus account, both of which also give you early access to Beta ROM releases and access to the the online kitchens.