[ROM LEAK] Liquid E 0.014

Guest LIQUID_USER

Guest Ninlour

here's a complete review for the new leak Liquid E 0.014

how to flash?

I used the regular acer tools 3.10 that I use all the time. some people seem to have a connection problem, I think it's the debugging mode, you probably forgot to activate it before attempting a connection. go to setting/application/development/debugging and check it

how is it running so far?

the good

most 3 important problems seems to be fixed with this leak

first of all the message LED icon is not staying on for no reason. now it works all fine.

second and most important bug: the navigation. finally finally and I'm drawing a big smile on my face when i say it, IT'S WORKING! guided step by step google stock navigation is working fine. (it's the first thing i test in all my leaks)

third, you can now disable the hepatic feedback and yes, it does work.

everything else works fine.

a new launcher seems to have some small updates.. you can see more 3d effect on this drawer. they probably minimized the number of icons you see but they used the other space for the 3d effect on the top and the bottom which looks nicer.

don't expect the 5 pages to work as smooth as 1.6 the transition is not that smooth.

but you know, nexus one has that problem too. it's a 2.1 thing. it's just not smooth transition from page to another on your home screen. but it works fine

the battery life is improved. had the phone running on a live wallpaper all day yesterday and today until now, I still have 40%

live wallpapers finally work. when i say work, I mean they don't freeze your device anymore, neither they slow it down.

the contacts are updated: now they provide a bar code with each contact so you share it with Google Goggles ..:P

in general, it seems more stable

NOW THE BAD:

it bothers me a lot too see these two problems

the market seems not to show all apps.. some apps I used to have on previous 1.6 or 2.1 leaks. I can't find them now.

for example NBA GAME TIME LIVE.. it's just not there :D

another problem which i hate to see is that there's no voice recognition engine embedded in this leak.

you won't be able to voice search. you also won't be able to voice-to-text even if you have a keyboard that has that button. :P

if you really don't care about these, I would say go ahead and flash it, it seems more stable than any Leaks I've tried

Guest dentette
Thanks Liquid_user for this Leak!

My first feed back:

Some apps not visible before in French market on Bouyguestelecom are now available.

Great improvement in speed,

No feedback yet on stability or battery consomption, too early :-)

Nexus wall paper work perfectly with no modification.

First issue: Google galery picture are presenting very poor quality but it is fast.(I don't have this issue in Acer galery)

Same feedback here,

Galery is android 2.1 issue not rom specific i think

Guest Richard Högberg
here's a complete review for the new leak Liquid E 0.014

how to flash?

I used the regular acer tools...

My USB debugging were on... I think it has something with the update tool is timing out when verifying the packages in fastboot, at least for me, because when i tried it the first time it said that fastboot failed but on the phone the flashing continued and it verified all packages correct, but then it started to flash all over from the start again because Acer Tools thought it timed out.

Well well, at least it works now, and yes it is speedy!

Guest m106

Does anybody have an idea what f means in the Build Version 0.014f?

Maybe for Final? :P

Edited by m106

Guest barmyman
Does anybody have an idea what f means in the Build Version 0.014f?

Maybe for Final? :P

it just can't be the final version. Look on the first 1.6 firmware. it has 1.000...i mean the 1 numeric. I think they are not gonna change their style))

Guest Kaleidosc0pe
Trying it, speed is sometime awesome and sometime laggy:

-App drawer is different...You see more stuff on the screen (can't explain it)

-You can disable the soft keys vibration! Go to Settings, sound and display, and disable haptic feedback!

-Nexus Live Wallpapers works out of the box :P

-Some english sub menus translated (to french at least)

-New Icons for some acer apps.

-Dialer faster + Phone number displayed directly on contacts.

Will test further. Seems cool :D .

EDIT: WOW, 100 MB of free RAM after killing useless apps with Autokiller and Launcher2. More, Asphalt 5 runs correctly and Raging Thunder 2 is darn smooth! 3D speed is awesome :P .

Dito!

RAM free ca. 80+ MBs - Fastery as the bin before. Very, good!

Guest m106
it just can't be the final version. Look on the first 1.6 firmware. it has 1.000...i mean the 1 numeric. I think they are not gonna change their style))

That's correct, but the Build Date is 28 Apr 2010. What I am wondering is, how should Acer put the Final Firmware into the Phones, if there is not so much time anymore, until shipping the Liquid E to the wholesaler, when they don't have a final Firmware yet.

Guest Uberadri

It's just a bug in the forum that destroys the link, here is the right link:

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/22311663/Acer_LiquidE_0.014f.01_EMEA_GEN1.zip

Guest matthewye
It's just a bug in the forum that destroys the link, here is the right link:

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/22311663/Acer_LiquidE_0.014f.01_EMEA_GEN1.zip

thanks a million.

Guest jayziac

I'm still running stock 1.6 and this bin may finally make me want to upgrade. Wondering if you guys are noticing 2 issues I have with the 1.6 ROM:

1) When the phone has been sleeping, and a phone call rings it, the volume starts out low, and then increases after about half a second. Same with text message notifcations which is usually short and too low volume before it ends.

2) In the music player & nemoplayer, when I play an mp3 file and I want to skip to the another part of it (pressing somewhere on the progress bar), it doesn't actually skip properly to that part of the music, the progress bar is disconnected from where it's actually playing in the song.

Guest m106
I would like to flash with Acer 3.1 Tool. Should I activate "USB-Debugging" or not? Thanks!

Yes, of course! Otherwise the Acer Tool can't connect to your Phone.

Edited by m106

Guest jayziac
Yes, of course! Otherwise the Acer Tool can't connect to your Phone.

When I first flashed the more recent stock 1.6 ROM over the factory ROM, I didn't enable the debug mode and it still worked with the Acer tool 3.1. But apparently most people recommend turning it on anyway...

Guest malez

LCR 1.5 based on this leak is available

http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-commu...rom-bugtracker/

From 1.4.1 to 1.5

- based on Acer_LiquidE_0.014f.01_EMEA_GEN1 bin file. Flash THIS bin file before installing or you will have no network and no adb access

- really faster than original bin

- AppsOrganizer?, Cardock, Carmode, Tetherbot removed. Will be provided as addon pack

- Themes will be provided as patch too

- Acer apps removed

- Maps 4.1.1

- Titanium backup 3.0.16

- es File explorer 1.3.12

- es Task manager 1.0.8.0

- barcode scanner 3.22

- Meridian player pioneer 0.16.0

- fixed 3D games are slow or not working at all on 1.3. (issue 66)

- fixed Compass doesn't work probably causing backwards navigation in all navigation programs (issue 68)

- fixed Compass doesn't work probably causing backwards navigation in all navigation programs (issue 73)

- fixed Keybord vibration not workingHTC_IME (issue 75)

- fixed Contacts pictures (issue 77)

- partially fixed Bouygues Telecom MMS issues (issue 78) change default,mms to wap in settings to fix

- fixed Message led is on if a notification icon in a taskbar (issue 79)

- even better sound

WARNING :

- install malez recovery >= 0.5.3 first

- If you have used apps2sd, WIPE SD (in the recovery wipe menu) before flashing or you will have problems

Anything could be possible without liquid_user

Edited by malez

Guest vikings123
LCR 1.5 based on this leak is available

http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-commu...rom-bugtracker/

From 1.4.1 to 1.5

- based on Acer_LiquidE_0.014f.01_EMEA_GEN1 bin file. Flash THIS bin file before installing or you will have no network and no adb access

- really faster than original bin

- AppsOrganizer?, Cardock, Carmode, Tetherbot removed. Will be provided as addon pack

- Themes will be provided as patch too

- Acer apps removed

- Maps 4.1.1

- Titanium backup 3.0.16

- es File explorer 1.3.12

- es Task manager 1.0.8.0

- barcode scanner 3.22

- Meridian player pioneer 0.16.0

- fixed 3D games are slow or not working at all on 1.3. (issue 66)

- fixed Compass doesn't work probably causing backwards navigation in all navigation programs (issue 68)

- fixed Compass doesn't work probably causing backwards navigation in all navigation programs (issue 73)

- fixed Keybord vibration not workingHTC_IME (issue 75)

- fixed Contacts pictures (issue 77)

- partially fixed Bouygues Telecom MMS issues (issue 78) change default,mms to wap in settings to fix

- fixed Message led is on if a notification icon in a taskbar (issue 79)

- even better sound

WARNING :

- install malez recovery >= 0.5.3 first

- If you have used apps2sd, WIPE SD (in the recovery wipe menu) before flashing or you will have problems

Anything could be possible without liquid_user

Thanks guys! It is fast and smooth. :D

One thing confused me is the Recovery.

I followed Malez's instruction -- installed 0.53 recovery first then flashed new BIN. The 0.53 recovery was replaced by default recovery came with new BIN. I had to install malez recovery 0.53 again. :P

Guest bais

Did somebody notice the new youtube app? The widget now shows the newest videos, in the app you can set if you want to see videos in HQ by default and you can change the video quality easily like on the website. (HQ on/off button).

Guest Piter1225
Did somebody notice the new youtube app? The widget now shows the newest videos, in the app you can set if you want to see videos in HQ by default and you can change the video quality easily like on the website. (HQ on/off button).

Yep, I like it much.

Overall this new leak is great progress in usability by Acer.