Mame emulator for Pocket PC source code can anyone port ????

Guest watek

Guest spacemonkey

imame is probably a good start. Especially since you've got it working. gx.dll is exactly what it should be using as this is the only way to do fast graphics on Smartphone :lol: Things like gapidraw run on top of gx.dll (gapi).

So, now you've got it working you need to chase down the controls and get them working. It'll have something somewhere trappping messages and looking for WM_KEYDOWN events or something, if you find that, the keys you want to map it for on Smartphone are (in decimal):

112 Left Softkey, 113 Right Softkey

114 Answer, 115 Hangup

91 Home, 27 Back

37 Left 38 Up 39 Right 40 Down

13 Action

48 - 57, 0-9 keys

119 *, 120 #, 117 Volume +, 118 Volume -

121 (I think, not sure on this one) Voice Record

Guest watek

Thanks spacemonkey, I have had a look and all the controls and they seem to be in the win32.c file of the source code and at that it is getting beyond my knowledge.

From what I can work out all the keys, screen layout ect. are contained in their and are named as parameters which are later called on.

Any techies out there fancy having a look at it the source can be downloaded at http://www.mameworld.net/imame/mame261ce006src.zip

Thank you :lol:

Guest watek

Just Trying to drum up interest

Here is some pictures of what we are missing:

pacland.pngmspacman.pngoutzone.pngoverdriv.pngorlegend.png

outrun.pngothunder.pngopwolf.pngohmygod.png

nost.pngncommand.pngnwarr.pngbadlands.png

Do we want these games on our smartphones???? (I know all of them wont run but hey Rome was'nt built in a day.)

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee HELP

Guest spacemonkey

Did a little research. iMame is very cut down and only runs a short list of ROMs. It's aim was only to include things that ran sweet on iPaq @ 200Mhz

But nothing's really happened on that project for a long time and now adays MameCE3 sounds like the business. I'll try porting it over, it looks like the exe will be pretty big 3.?Mb and the performance may not be too hot on SPV... I'll keep ya'll posted.

Guest MBoden

The MameCe3 port i worked on was a 2Mb exe file :-( i think i run out of memory, but MameCe3 has the biggest list of games

i want galaga !! and bombjack :-)

i've sent you my project, hope you have a big mailbox

Guest watek

Thanks a lot spacemonkey, I had a look at the cab on the site and the install fails.

I opened the cab file and renamed the 00file26.009 to MameCE3.exe and file 00file21.004 to highscore.dat put them on the phone and got it up, seemed to be working but no response from and keys (Just think that is key mapping because everything else still works). The exe file is 1.89MB which seems reasonable.

Don't know if any of this helps.

p.s. If you need to run the .exe with remote display when it locks you out you can press the ` key and it will shut the phone off cleanly.

Good luck.. :lol:

Guest watek

Spacemonkey,

Just been trawling through the FAQ and found

- Underclocked the following games for better speed: 1942, 1942, Arkanoid, City Connection, Congo Bongo,

Dig Dug, Donkey Kong Jr, Frogger, Galaga, Galaxian, Ghosts and Goblins, Phoenix, Gyruss, Lady Bug,

Mr Do, Time Pilot, and Zaxxon.

Underclocked interesting.

Also code appears to be for multi processor support, this sometimes makes the files four times larger then they need to be so maybe chop that out set the parameters for CPU & Machine manually thus reduce the .exe size.

Or maybe I'm talkling Cr*p.

Hope all is going well, keep us posted.

:lol:

Guest spacemonkey

Made a little progress, to be honest I've spent almost no time on it so far cos I've had overseas visitors all week...

I get the house back to myself tonight so I'll have a proper hack at it then :lol:

• 1 year later...
Guest steverae

Hey SM,

How's it goin with the mame emul.

this is something i enquired about when i first joined the forum a while back..... let me know how far you are getting, if you need anyone to beta test stuff for ya, let me know.

How are you getting on with the mods to pocket clive.... speak to ya on msn next time.

Guest Skilty

If you can get Mame working it would be superb,- the more emulators the better i say!

bombjack, rally-x, asteroids - Quality

I'd be willing to be a tester aswell

Guest quacka

I have been playing with mame ever since it support like 7 games or something if i can remember. I remembered it needed a most up to date pc just to run games like pacman.

Who could imagine that one day we could play the same game on your mobile phone.

*SCARY*

not to mention mobile phone has drop down half in size since then

Guest retro

has there been any more progress with imame or mamece. I have tryed them both have have been able to get them running, just no controls.. the latest version for MameCE3 9.5 supports about 100 roms. lets hope that we can get some to work.

keep up the good work SP.

• 3 weeks later...