Mame emulator for Pocket PC source code can anyone port ????

Guest watek

Guest The Undefeated

A mame emulator would be great, but most of the good games would run slow, unless...

...You attatched oh i dunno 2-5 more processors

• 4 weeks later...
Guest djfuego
A mame emulator would be great, but most of the good games would run slow, unless...

...You attatched oh i dunno 2-5 more processors

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or wait for the next gen smartphones with better gfx chips in :) I hope MS pours money into an Xbox type phone sooner or later.. they could call it the... err.. P Box ?

Or wait for the next gen smartphones with better gfx chips in :)

faster gfx chips will not help - the limiting factor of any emulator is the CPU speed (though obviously memory speed can also a factor in this)

as Smartphones and PPC's get faster then obviously emulators will become more viable, but by that time people will want to emulate faster machine - ah the joys of emulation :D

Guest djfuego
faster gfx chips will not help - the limiting factor of any emulator is the CPU speed (though obviously memory speed can also a factor in this)

as Smartphones and PPC's get faster then obviously emulators will become more viable, but by that time people will want to emulate faster machine - ah the joys of emulation :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For now I'm happy with a C64 in my pocket :D Years of fun :)

• 5 months later...
Guest Lindopski

Just a quick query to see if any progress was ever made on a Mame emulator for SPV c550 as its now 2006 and I see people requesting one in 2003.

I bought one for xmas and so far have found many confusing emulators to enjoy trying to configure.

Well done to all who made them

Pocket snes , smart NES , Pocket hobbit , Fuse SP , gnuboy.

all of them are wonderful even the half done ones like the megadrive picodrive , well I think its half done as I dont get any sound on my C550 yet the speed is great.

I cant see how its impossible to emulate the likes of say pacman on mame when sonic runs like a beaut on my phone.

Its no big deal as I have an eye on a GP2X and that will pretty much cover my emulation needs pretty well.

whilst we are at it how come scummvm loads on my phone but there is no control and only half the screen appears have I got a duff version or something.

cheers

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Hi Parallax20 its probably me just being dense but I cant find the download on the page you have linked to ;)

Any chance you could post a direct link here :??:

Guest sertomo

I can't make it work on my mpx200 with WM2003, when I try to load a rom the screen becomes black and returns to menu after some seconds.

I have saved the exe in a directory and created a 'roms' directory with some games on it.

May it be a problem with the roms' versions or MameCE3 doesn't work on non-QVGA devices?

Thanks!

EDITED: I have checked 1943 and it works great, I suppose there was a problem with all the other roms I tested.

If you accept suggestions, it would be great to have the choice of scrolling the screen on devices with a resolution lower to QVGA: I can't see the lower part of the screen and for some games it is more important than the upper one.

Thanks again for this fantastic piece of software, GREAT WORK!!!!

Edited by sertomo

Guest Parallax20
I can't make it work on my mpx200 with WM2003, when I try to load a rom the screen becomes black and returns to menu after some seconds.

I have saved the exe in a directory and created a 'roms' directory with some games on it.

May it be a problem with the roms' versions or MameCE3 doesn't work on non-QVGA devices?

Thanks!

EDITED: I have checked 1943 and it works great, I suppose there was a problem with all the other roms I tested.

If you accept suggestions, it would be great to have the choice of scrolling the screen on devices with a resolution lower to QVGA: I can't see the lower part of the screen and for some games it is more important than the upper one.

Thanks again for this fantastic piece of software, GREAT WORK!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any question about my version of the emus should be posted in my other thread. I don't really read this one. To be honest I don't know how easy it is to shrink the image to fit smaller screens as every mame ROM can have different resolutions, some big some small. I will have a look into it and if its simple enough to do then I will fix it. Fixing problems in the Mame Emu is a time consuming job because the exe is so big and transfering it to phone is slow when debugging.

Parallax.