Launcher Pro Beta

Guest rhotov

Guest stevenz

It's certainly very fast. If I could change what apps the shortcuts go to (dolphin instead of browser, handcent instead of messages) then it'd be ideal. Regardless, it's super-smooth.

Guest PeRKoniX

Ik really works blazingly fast! Everything works smoother even the (stock or htc's) app-drawer scrolling. Just too bad the custom launchers do not support SenseUI widgets :)

Guest shaniac

Not only is it fast and smooth, but it remembers your place in the app drawer. That's one thing that the stock launcher didn't do, and it's always annoyed me.

Guest crimz
It's certainly very fast. If I could change what apps the shortcuts go to (dolphin instead of browser, handcent instead of messages) then it'd be ideal. Regardless, it's super-smooth.

The shortcuts do go to the apps you've set as default. So dolphin and handcent are possible - thats what happens on my Nexus at least. You can't directly set the shortcuts through Lancherpro, but it does use your defualts for its shotcuts. Hope this helps

Edited by crimz

Guest Ricmo

I would agree that this is indeed the best launcher ever. It could use a bit more features, but at this point I don't really care.

Guest PeRKoniX

I have used it for a couple of days now and have some idea's that will improve my experience with the launcher:

- Unread count label on top of the Message app button on the most lower app icon bar. Same for missed calls.

- If currently not on default screen, pressing the home button should scroll back to the default screen instead of the zoomed-out overview of all screens. Like, if you are on screen #7 you have to scroll like crazy to get back you the center screen ;) And I don't really like the zoom-out select feature (it's an extra click).

- Support for SenseUI widgets. (Which is kinda impossible I guess due the lack of SenseUI framework on allot of devices :) ).

- Setting to disable app-drawer animation effect, or a setting to speed up the animation. It's currently a little bit to slow in my opinion.

- Setting to add a Home button in the app-drawer screen like the nexus one stock app-drawer has. Because the capacitive home button does not always respond very well. (sometimes have to click it twice before it actually works).

Apart from this, I love it!

Guest stevenz
The shortcuts do go to the apps you've set as default. So dolphin and handcent are possible - thats what happens on my Nexus at least. You can't directly set the shortcuts through Lancherpro, but it does use your defualts for its shotcuts. Hope this helps

Hmm, you're quite right. I tried it with the Desire ROM and it didn't work, now I'm back on the CM ROM and it is in fact launching the defaults! Guess it just became my default Launcher, cheers! :)

Guest Breece
I have used it for a couple of days now and have some idea's that will improve my experience with the launcher:

- Unread count label on top of the Message app button on the most lower app icon bar. Same for missed calls.

- If currently not on default screen, pressing the home button should scroll back to the default screen instead of the zoomed-out overview of all screens. Like, if you are on screen #7 you have to scroll like crazy to get back you the center screen ;) And I don't really like the zoom-out select feature (it's an extra click).

- Support for SenseUI widgets. (Which is kinda impossible I guess due the lack of SenseUI framework on allot of devices :) ).

- Setting to disable app-drawer animation effect, or a setting to speed up the animation. It's currently a little bit to slow in my opinion.

- Setting to add a Home button in the app-drawer screen like the nexus one stock app-drawer has. Because the capacitive home button does not always respond very well. (sometimes have to click it twice before it actually works).

Here's the homepage:

http://www.launcherpro.com/

I used your first suggestion and commented :D And btw. this launcher is awesome...endless scrolling and I will never use anything else again (that I do really miss...)

Edited by Breece

Guest Rafoolik
Any chance you could redo your signature image so it's horizontal so people don't have to scroll down an entire screen to get past it?

NEVVVAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! MWAHAHA...ok, it'll take some time though im not home yet.

Guest tasty

If only this and the original Helix had a love child...

edit: f'd up my quote, my bad.

Edited by tasty

Guest nikjensie

+ Uninstall feature when holding app over trashbin...

//Nik

Guest AychTeeSee

If anyone's wondering how the smoothness improvements are possible-

Through experimentation, I've discovered that rendered bitmaps are of reduced colour depth when scrolling from screen to screen. This reduces the load on the GPU, allowing for a smoother transition. However, I still question why Android 2.0+ suffers reduced fluidity where 1.5 performed so well on my Hero. Seems like a regression to me.

Andrew

Guest Shuflie
NEVVVAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! MWAHAHA...ok, it'll take some time though im not home yet.

Please don't if it will make the forum wider than 1024, I really hate that as I have to scroll sideways to read everything.

Please don't if it will make the forum wider than 1024, I really hate that as I have to scroll sideways to read everything.

I suggest getting rid of the images entirely, as they serve only to annoy IMO (not flaming, really, what's the point of those images as a sig in every post?)

sns

Guest crimz
Here's the homepage:

http://www.launcherpro.com/

I used your first suggestion and commented :rolleyes: And btw. this launcher is awesome...endless scrolling and I will never use anything else again (that I do really miss...)

First let me say, Great launcher man! It has immediately become my default one given its smoothness and potential. Just a quick note if I may; is it possible to make any new features as options rather than defaults. For example, I really like the drawer w/o the home button icon but now there is no way for me to remove it.

Also, seems that when you are in the app drawer and you rotate the phone, it jumps back to your home screen - not sure if that how you meant for it to work.

Still my fav launcher out there, keep up the great work!

P.S. that suggession to have a "missed" count for messages / calls ...etc would be a great addition indeed :D

Guest AndyCr15

I tried it for a few days and really liked it. I've restored back to a ROM I have Helix2 and I have to say I'm in no hurry to move away form HL2 just yet. If you can change the apps on the 'shelf', a custom image for the app drawer and generally make it look a little nicer then I'll be on my way back over :rolleyes:

Can you tell me where you get that clock/weather widget? or the name of it? It looks really nice. thanks

Beautiful Widgets, from the same makers as Touiteur.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chad Petree
Not only is it fast and smooth, but it remembers your place in the app drawer. That's one thing that the stock launcher didn't do, and it's always annoyed me.

totally agree with u, and the 4 persistent icons over the 2 on froyo are not bad either!!

Also, seems that when you are in the app drawer and you rotate the phone, it jumps back to your home screen - not sure if that how you meant for it to work.

Still my fav launcher out there, keep up the great work!

i really hope this is a bug, is quite annoying !

Another i dont like is you dont know in which screen are u, theres no indicators =/ , also theres no 3d effect in the app drawer =( ,maybe in the final version?

Edited by Chad Petree

Guest b0unce

Awesome launcher! I love the lack of 3D effect (I hate that notchy scrolling with a passion) and the fact that it remembers your location in the app drawer :( The blazing speed also helps!!

Guest Dayzee

Just started using ADW Launcher meself - it DOES allow you to drag and drop any shortcut you want into the Action Buttons on either side of the app tray icon. Also allows you to choose how many rows and columns in your app tray, and whether you show the labels on apps or not - quite a bit more but I've not had a full play yet...

Thread here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=684874

Very smooth and lots of customisable goodies like different ways to scroll the app tray (I have it on galaxy - horizontal scrolling) :( Worth a look and I'm using it as my default with FroYo at the mo...

Dayz xx

Edited by Dayzee