19/May - Superboot - rooting the Pulse Mini

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest grogers3.14
damnsmalidan: You need to have adb and fastboot working first, which means modifying android udev rules for the PC to recognise the new device and installing and configuring usb_modeswitch.

What are the udev rules for this device? I have

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="12d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1034", MODE="0666"

and run usb_modeswitch to get the right product id (details here) and adb devices still does not list it.

Guest Jerry786
Hi no it will not get rid of the t-mobile stuff and yes there are problems with usb mounting also the superuser app is very old. If you read my post above there is no usb problems but if you wipe you will need to redo steps to kepp rooted or i have just found a new way what sticks. step 1 install superboot dont unplug usb reboot when installled step 2 boot clockwork recovery via fast boot remember dont install clock work or usb problem is back just boot it via fastboot download the su-2.3.3 update.zip and place in your sdcard when you have booted clockwork select install update.zip from sdcard when done reboot backinto bootloader and flash the orig-bootloader attached abouv now you have the latest su-2.3.3 and now go into your settings and do a master reset. Thats it this way you will have stock all but rooted with the latest superuser app and no usb probs also it will stick when you master reset.

Thanks. Might give it a go..but i dont know if its worth it. Will rooting and installing a custom ROM make the phone any faster?

Also, if i root and install ROM, will it wipe erase all data?

Guest jasonXXx
Thanks. Might give it a go..but i dont know if its worth it. Will rooting and installing a custom ROM make the phone any faster?

Also, if i root and install ROM, will it wipe erase all data?

Rooting will not wipe data but installing a rom will most custom roms are faster what i would do is root the method i told you and then make your own update.zip with all extra apps and changes then flash it on stock rom.

Guest Jerry786
Rooting will not wipe data but installing a rom will most custom roms are faster what i would do is root the method i told you and then make your own update.zip with all extra apps and changes then flash it on stock rom.

Thanks might rooting it tonight. I assume it doesn't void warranty....

Typed this on my pulse mini using side it keyboard, don't know how I managed without it considering the mini keyboard of the pulse!

Guest jasonXXx
P S. I didnt get what you said regards to u u update. Zip

Sorry the attachment su_2.3.3.zip rename it update.zip and flash it this is the latest superuser and su app thats root.

Guest jasonXXx
tried rooting but hangs at waiting for device.......

Ok scrap all of above lots of what i sead is not needed.

To start make sure your on stock rom with default bootloader and recovery make sure you have the su update.zip link http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=61279 in the root of your sdcard. Link to clockwork recovery put this in the same folder as fastboot http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=61280

Step 1 boot to bootloader mode by powering off the phone and then pressing redkey and volume down plus power button at the same time for 5 secs then open command shell on windows and type fastboot boot clockwork_recovery_v1.8.1.4.img then press enter and wait for recovery to boot then select install update.zip from sd and select the update.zip attached above and that will flash super user and root your phone. Then reboot.

Thats it you will then be rooted with no problems with the latest superuser app and su it will also stick on master reset. Tested and working with no problems.

There are other ways of rooting like superboot but then come usb problems this way you will have stock recovery as we only boot CLOCKWORK not flash it and we have stock bootloader as we did not use superboot also the lates version of superuser/su. Hope this helps

Edited by jasonXXx

Guest jasonXXx

Excuse my ignorance but i did not understand this bit

Link to clockwork recovery put this in the same folder as fastboot http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=61280

Thanks

Ok i have uploaded all the stuff you need. Step 1 start by downloading the attached file and extract it to your desktop on the pc. Step 2 copy the su update.zip to your root of sdcard then turn of the phone. Step 3 press endcall volume down and power button for 5 secs this will load bootloader mode. Step 4 now plug your phone to your pc via usb .In the folder that you extracted to your desktop double click cmd that will load the command prompt now type boot-clockwork and wait till your phone enters recovery mode. Step 5 select install update.zip from sdcard then select install update.zip and select the update.zip you downloaded to your sd when that is done reboot and your all done. PS the file i have attached is a folder containing adb fastboot clockwork recovery image and a bat script to easly boot clockwork.

Android.zip

Edited by jasonXXx

Guest Jerry786
Ok i have uploaded all the stuff you need. Step 1 start by downloading the attached file and extract it to your desktop on the pc. Step 2 copy the su update.zip to your root of sdcard then turn of the phone. Step 3 press endcall volume down and power button for 5 secs this will load bootloader mode. Step 4 now plug your phone to your pc via usb .In the folder that you extracted to your desktop double click cmd that will load the command prompt now type boot-clockwork and wait till your phone enters recovery mode. Step 5 select install update.zip from sdcard then select install update.zip and select the update.zip you downloaded to your sd when that is done reboot and your all done. PS the file i have attached is a folder containing adb fastboot clockwork recovery image and a bat script to easly boot clockwork.

ERROR

Boot is not recognised as an internal or external command....

Guest jasonXXx
ERROR

Boot is not recognised as an internal or external command....

Lol i need more info at what part did you get boot error was this on you phone or on the command prompt on pc. Ok instead of typing boot-clockwork recovery type "fastboot boot clockwork-recovery-v1.8.1.4.img" did you download the folder with adb and fastboot and did you start the command prompt in the folder i gave you by double clicking cmd?

Guest Jerry786
Lol i need more info at what part did you get boot error was this on you phone or on the command prompt on pc. Ok instead of typing boot-clockwork recovery type "fastboot boot clockwork-recovery-v1.8.1.4.img" did you download the folder with adb and fastboot and did you start the command prompt in the folder i gave you by double clicking cmd?

Error comes up in Command prompt. Tried what you just said and it says fastboot is not recognized. yes i downloaded all files needed

Edited by Jerry786

Guest jasonXXx
Error comes up in Command prompt. Tried what you just said and it says fastboot is not recognized. yes i downloaded all files needed

Ok just go in the folder you downloaded and try to just double click boot-clockwork.bat when your in bootloader mode if that does not work from the command prompt you need to cd to the folder you downloaded and try the command again.

Guest Jerry786

After some head scratching i finally managed to root it. Thanks Jason. What are the best apps to download for a rooted phone?

Edited by Jerry786

Guest jasonXXx
After some head scratching i finally managed to root it. Thanks Jason. What are the best apps to download for a rooted phone?

Lol good i use better terminal emulator pro, root explorer, wirless ADB, Gscript, there are loads of root apps i have only had mine rooted a short while due to the usb probs but now i have figured that problem out im good aslo i have busybox installed if you would like busybox i can upload busybox plus a script to install it as it can be quite complicated.

Guest damnsmalldan
damnsmalidan: You need to have adb and fastboot working first, which means modifying android udev rules for the PC to recognise the new device and installing and configuring usb_modeswitch.

How do I ddo this?

• 1 month later...
Guest albertfc
How do I ddo this?

For those ones using linux, you have to set up a new udev rule to recognize the device on bootloader mode.

On ubuntu 10.04 try this

1. Type the following into a terminal (Applications > Accessories > Terminal):

gksudo gedit /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules
    [/codebox]

2. Now add the following line to the blank file:
    [codebox]
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", SYSFS{idVendor}=="18d1", MODE="0666"

3. Click save and close.
  4. To restart udev, open up a terminal and enter:

sudo service udev restart
    [/codebox]

Now, instructions by Paul at the beginning should work.

• 1 month later...

Thx for the Packet,

works fine with my

T-Mobile Pulse Mini

Firmware Version: 2.1-update1

Baseband Version: 2210

Kernel Version: 2.6.29-perf

Build Number: U8110V100R001C85B215

XanXan

Guest HoojSack

Hey guys, I'm working with a Huwaeii 8100 and so, I still dont get what I'm doing wrong. I checked through all the files here but I could not find an update.zip. However, I managed to install superuser. I realized now that the apply sdcard:update.zip step did not work for me and continues not to work. I cannot install apps even after using the Android signer and I applied things from the SDK to prevent this.

Please help me!!

Thanks,

HoojSack

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...