The custom recovery allows you to do all sorts of lovely things such as installing ROM update zips (for the forthcoming custom ROMs), wiping various parts of the device, backing up and restoring and much more.
You can enter recovery mode by turning your device on while holding down 'volume up' and 'send' (green) then powering on your device.
- AmonRA Recovery 1.6.2 - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) - MD5: 65d4dcbbedb956a9f88dd1981fb31ef8
- Koush's Clockwork Recovery 220.127.116.11 - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) - MD5: 19f9f365e220c56f19e783ce1f69d7d4
- Download the recovery image of your choice above and extract the zip file
- Put your device in bootloader mode - turn if off, then tap the powerbutton while holding the 'Volume Down' and 'End (Red)' keys
- WINDOWS - double click 'install-recovery-windows.bat'
- MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-recovery-mac.sh' followed by './install-recovery-mac.sh'
- LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-recovery-linux.sh' followed by './install-recovery-linux.sh'