Possible to update radio rom only ?

Guest Emmepi

Guest Emmepi

Hi !

New rom release came with radio update...

My rom is running fine, but is it possible to update the radio rom ONLY now ? (from 32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11 to 32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.02_2)

Guest myth1001
Yep - boot to recovery and flash the radio ZIP the same way u did the ROM

I assume nothing will be affected? Root, app2sd, data... ?

Same concept as flashing radio in Windows mobile?

Guest Emmepi

Well... I did radio update with recovery, but when i wanna see changes in "Settings, About...", old version still shows... It is normal...

Radio flash, was fine, without error... Radio file on SDCard, Power+Vol Down, Recovery procedure "as usual"...

What did i miss ?

Guest EddyOS

After it flashes did you select 'Reboot system now' or 'Power down' after it's read the radio file? Issue I had was not rebooting the system so it didn't write the radio file to the phone...

Guest Emmepi

Strange behaviour for me...

When i start now with Power+VolDown, on left top, i still can read old specs 4.05.00.11

So the flash has not be done ?

Strange too, when you select "flash zip from SDCard", you can see green bar filling from left to right...

From 0 to 50, normal speed... Then "Writing" appeared and took 1 second, and i have message "Reboot with keys, or menu bla bla bla..."

The radio rom archive i took from Paul's link is cracked ?

Second post : http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...o-1-21-support/

Server is badword once again ?

Do you have another link to download radio rom ?

Guest EddyOS

The write will be quick but then you have to choose 'Reboot system now' and you should then see, at the bottom, writing radio file - this will take a second or 2 and then it'll reboot with the new radio. I was having the same issue with r2 as it wouldn't write the radio

and 2nd link (Mediafire) on that thread works fine, first one (ROMraid) doesn't work for me

Edited by EddyOS

Guest Emmepi

Found my error !

Selected "Shutdown" instead of "Reboot" after flash... Because i use 2 cards !

1 for rom flashes only, and other one for daily use...

So i selected "Shutdown" to switch my cards after first part of radio rom flash : mistake !!!

Thanks for your help, everythings fine now !!!

Guest Emmepi

After 1 day use, reverted to 32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11, 32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.02_2 ate my battery...

Battery drain with 32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.02_2 ?

Guest ascito
I assume nothing will be affected? Root, app2sd, data... ?

Same concept as flashing radio in Windows mobile?

Once I upgraded my radio, I lost all app on SD, they became corrupt, and I had to reinstall all of them.

Any experience like mine?

Guest Emmepi

No issues/error for me... Do you have app2sd on your card ?

I always use an empty card to flash my roms...

Updated to latest radio rom, running r3...

snap20100524170717.png

Guest ascito
No issues/error for me... Do you have app2sd on your card ?

I always use an empty card to flash my roms...

Updated to latest radio rom, running r3...

snap20100524170717.png

I used my gold card which is different from my A2SD card...

Guest EddyOS

How's battery so far on this radio? Have noticed an increase in battery since changing to 32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.02_2 so wondering if this is worth while...

Guest PaulW21781

Battery for me seems fine with this new radio, took it off charge this morning at about half 8, its half 11 now and I'm on 97% battery. Had WiFi, gprs, gps all turned on, sending with mail and Facebook every 30mins.

I flashed mine with the A2SD card still in place, as I have done every other radio update. Never had any issues with corrupting the SD card at all.

Guest ascito

Battery life with 4.06.00.16_2 is much more better than all previous Radio versions I tested. Actually, I am running MCRr3 A2SD+ uvoc kernel v.11 (XDA).

About flashing "only Radio" issue, the procedure of flashing a new radio doesn't allow you to shut down device once the upgrade process is over. So, since I use two SD cards, one with Gold attribute and another with A2SD partition, the very moment the upgrade process is over, my device has to reboot with Gold card in. Only in a second moment I can shut down the device again and insert the partitioned SD card. After rebooting for the second time, the most of my apps are corrupted, like maps and so on...The only way to have everything working back, is to restore nandroid back up. This will restore all my apps and it will keep the Radio upgrade.

Edited by ascito

Guest EddyOS

I flash with a 2GB card, allow it to reboot and then turn it off an put my 16GB A2SD+ card in and all's fine...AFAIK

Edited by EddyOS

Guest ascito
I flash with a 2GB card, allow it to reboot and then turn it off an put my 16GB A2SD+ card in and all's fine...AFAIK

Exactly what I did but I had to restore...

Guest EddyOS

Yep, just checked and some apps (Google ones, mostly) wouldn't open so luckily I have the APKs on my card to reinstalled them...was only 4 apps to re-do...

Might re-bake the ROM with the radio in it to be safe and re-flash...we'll see...