APN Network Settings for AT&T

Guest PavanT

Guest PavanT

I got my HTC Desire A8183(Telstra). Can someone please provide information on how to setup the Access Point Network settings on AT&T. I spoke to AT&T and they informed since this is a unlocked device they can help me.

Guest RalphM
I got my HTC Desire A8183(Telstra). Can someone please provide information on how to setup the Access Point Network settings on AT&T. I spoke to AT&T and they informed since this is a unlocked device they can help me.

Here you go man. Do it just as it reads and all should work fine.

Name: AT&T

APN: wap.cingular

Proxy: leave blank

Port: leave blank

Username:[email protected]

Password:CINGULAR1

Server: leave blank

MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com

MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com

MMS Port: 80

MCC:310

MNC:410

APN Type: leave blank

Guest PavanT

Thank You. It worked but i am only getting Edge not 3g. I was under the impression that if you get the HTC 8183 you should get 3g speeds on AT&T network.

Guest RalphM
Thank You. It worked but i am only getting Edge not 3g. I was under the impression that if you get the HTC 8183 you should get 3g speeds on AT&T network.

Where do you live? ATT runs two bands 850 and 1900. Some places like Los Angeles, NC, etc. run 1900. 850 is the growing spectrum, but ATT still has 1900 out there. The phone will not pull 3G if you are not in an 850 area.

Guest khtse
They directed me to this post from 2009. This states that they are using 850Mhz in Colorado. Then i don't understand why i am not getting 3G. Is there something wrong with my device i got.

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=4800...articleid=27185

I also have an A8183, and have no problem connecting to AT&T 3G network. I live in Chicago though.

AT&T has stated previously that they will be migrating their 3G network completely to 850Mhz (which has better signal penetration property) in the future, and by the end of 2009 for major cities, leaving 1900Mhz only for EDGE. So "eventually" 850Mhz will get to your area...

http://www.intomobile.com/2009/02/24/att-3...de-by-2010.html

Guest RalphM
They directed me to this post from 2009. This states that they are using 850Mhz in Colorado. Then i don't understand why i am not getting 3G. Is there something wrong with my device i got.

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=4800...articleid=27185

If you set it up exactly the way i sent it then you should be pulling 3G. The Desire shows a 'H' vs. a '3G'. If it has an 'E' then it is obviously edge. If you are getting edge, then you have the data portion set up correctly. You are sure you have the Telstra version correct? Dumb question, but maybe they sent you the wrong phone.

Guest PavanT

Good news i deleted the APN settings restarted the devices and followed your instructions and now i am getting H(HSPA). Thanks for your help once again.

Guest RalphM
Good news i deleted the APN settings restarted the devices and followed your instructions and now i am getting H(HSPA). Thanks for your help once again.

Good deal! I know the first time I did it, it was a pain in the rear too. I had to search for the ATT Android settings.

• 4 months later...
Guest billlangworthy

I'm new at this so any help you can give I would be so grateful!!! AT&T in the US is my provider. I bought the HTC Desire A8181 unlocked 5 months ago in the UK. Originally I had T-Mobile as my provider however company changed providers to AT&T and I cannot get the phone to access the internet. I am not sure if I have the APN settings correct. Can anyone assist with them? Thanks so very much!!! I love the phone hwoever unless I am home an use my WiFi network - I cannot access the internet. (I also cannot send or receive text messages either). Thanks so very much!! Best regards, Bill

• 1 month later...