24/May - FRF50 (Froyo) pre-rooted update zip + no radio option + online kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest wastebag
How do you know if an app from the market is installing to the SD card ??? or does it do that by auto now ?

Upgraded fine from MCR without any wipe :rolleyes: many thanks Paul :D

I believe all apps are installed to the phone storage by default, just like on 2.1. The difference now is that you can go to Applications in Settings, tap on any installed app, and press a button that will move it to your SD card. Don't quote me on this but I believe I saw a screenshot/video or read an article that demonstrated this.

Guest Lokizilla
The difference now is that you can go to Applications in Settings, tap on any installed app, and press a button that will move it to your SD card. Don't quote me on this but I believe I saw a screenshot/video or read an article that demonstrated this.

Yup, it's on Google's video for 2.2:

Guest RjLan

Alright, I toyed around a little bit. No force closes or anything. So looks like you can upgrade from CyanogenMod with no wipe! Flash away, good luck, and have fun!

Guest DarthRazor
Thanks, I did the reboot and found myself in a perpetual force close loop with Helix Launcher 2

From the SDK

su

cd data/app

ls (find the Helix Launcher apk name)

mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system

rm com.helixproject.launcher2.spk (Or what ever the name is for your helix 2 apk)

I have FC on Launcher 2, Weather Widgets, CyanogenMod app

Guest Isaac Waller

Does it work with the AT&T bands Nexus One? I'm scared to try it, because it includes a radio image which could brick the Nexus One. Please let us know!

Guest dailydR1ver

Is anyone else having trouble with handcent FC'ing when you send a message. I tried to reinstall it, same thing.

Guest robotnoize

Flash wasn't working for me....hmmmm gonna wipe and reflash hope it works...i was getting the little lego block with a question mark!

Guest Joha132

Paul, we hope that u can add RTL support :rolleyes:

We got Hebrew fonts, but not RTL support (GMail and Mail titles are Upside down, SMS alight left and not to the right..)

Guest P00rSpy
Does it work with the AT&T bands Nexus One? I'm scared to try it, because it includes a radio image which could brick the Nexus One. Please let us know!

I think you can just not flash the radio, I do have an AT&T frequency too so I am not taking chance, I will remove the radio.img prior to install

Guest DarthRazor

I did wipe install on Cyan 5.0.6 and then push installed TitaniumBackup.apk but it failed to get root access.

Can anybody guide in this matter ?

Guest siimo
I believe all apps are installed to the phone storage by default, just like on 2.1. The difference now is that you can go to Applications in Settings, tap on any installed app, and press a button that will move it to your SD card. Don't quote me on this but I believe I saw a screenshot/video or read an article that demonstrated this.

Thank you found it :rolleyes: shame non of my installed apps will let me transfer it to the sd card lol

Guest Qiuness

just updated from CYANOGEN 5.0.6 with NO WIPE.

- Plain upgrade using ROM Manager.

- Offensive word recognicion added -> YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY (no one mentioned this feature)

- what i feel was left out is: no smart search on the dialer even in 2.2?! What the hell is google thinking?

= still trying to find a way to add more screens

= searching for a way to change the default phone app.

= Also no numeric battery meter

= move to SD greyed out...

= NO MORE PINCH TO ZOOM :rolleyes:

Guest JonnyRockets
NO pre-requisites. :)

P

Uh, what??

Are you sure???

Even from Desire r21 no wipe needed??????

:rolleyes: :D :( :( ;) B) :( :blink: :blink:

Edited by JonnyRockets

Guest Alex Buga

I enter recovery on my N1, then press Power and UP Arrow and when I click the update from SD Card i get a bad signature :rolleyes:

Help pls.

Guest wastebag
Flash wasn't working for me....hmmmm gonna wipe and reflash hope it works...i was getting the little lego block with a question mark!

I can confirm this. No flash for my N1 on Froyo either. I tried to play some flash games on kenney.nl and I also get the lego block w/ question mark.

I found a cool hiddenish feature in the phones settings. You can now enable a click sound to play when you manually lock/unlock your phone, kinda like an iPhone. :rolleyes:

Edited by wastebag

Guest Qiuness
I enter recovery on my N1, then press Power and UP Arrow and when I click the update from SD Card i get a bad signature :rolleyes:

Help pls.

Well it says in your sig you have a desire, so that would explain why this is not working!

Flashing back to 2.1

Edited by Qiuness

Guest BrumBrum74
I can confirm this. No flash for my N1 on Froyo either. I tried to play some flash games on kenney.nl and I also get the lego block w/ question mark.

I found a cool hiddenish feature in the phones settings. You can now enable a click sound to play when you manually lock/unlock your phone, kinda like an iPhone. :rolleyes:

Works for me.

Search for Adobe in Market. Download Flash and play.

Guest amunamu

Did you download it from the Market? It is not pre-installed, you have to install it yourself.