Reason why I'm sticking with r22 alpha over Froyo.

Guest ksc6000

Guest ksc6000

1) The browser doesn't have a way to force desktop versions of sites. Even with about:debug some sites will not allow it to view the desktop versions. This renders flash useless for me because the reason I wanted flash so bad was because I wanted to watch the Daily Show on my phone. And that website doesn't fall for about:debug while hulu does.

2) can't stand the one blink per 15 seconds notification light rate. (i know this will be remedied soon by some app)

3) can't install HTC_ime keyboard (im sure this will be fixed soon)

4) no pinch to zoom on mobile websites.

5) protected apps like documents to go are not working right. I paid good money for that app and I need it to work. I don't need just a document viewer but an editor. I'm sure that will be fixed soon but its not fun having an app that you paid 15 bucks for not working.

6) the very nice text selection method in the desire port.

7) Sense UI and all the great HTC widgets of course but I can't really fault Froyo for that.

I'll wait for Paul's next desire port with Froyo's additions. Until then I'll stick with r22 of the desire port.

Guest JonnyRockets
1) The browser doesn't have a way to force desktop versions of sites. Even with about:debug some sites will not allow it to view the desktop versions. This renders flash useless for me because the reason I wanted flash so bad was because I wanted to watch the Daily Show on my phone. And that website doesn't fall for about:debug while hulu does.

You sure about that?

dailyshow.png

:D

Soon?

How about already done :rolleyes:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=624416

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...;postcount=1884

I don't think pinch to zoom ever worked on mobile sites. That's the whole point of a mobile site! (No zooming needed!)

Guest palmsolo
5) protected apps like documents to go are not working right. I paid good money for that app and I need it to work. I don't need just a document viewer but an editor. I'm sure that will be fixed soon but its not fun having an app that you paid 15 bucks for not working.

Hmm, I have the full version of Documents to Go and it seems to be working perfectly fine. What issue are you having with it? Did you reinstall/redownload after the upgrade? Some apps may have issues if you don't reinstall.

Guest k2bk2bk2b
2) can't stand the one blink per 15 seconds notification light rate. (i know this will be remedied soon by some app)

Minor quirks - R22 has more quirks?

HTC CIME works. Im using it

Pinch to zoom is for full websites non mobile

There's bound to be a fix for it.

Didnt miss it

7) Sense UI and all the great HTC widgets of course but I can't really fault Froyo for that.

Started not missing it... but i do miss friend stream...

I'll wait for Paul's next desire port with Froyo's additions. Until then I'll stick with r22 of the desire port.

Guest MingoChang

Documents to Go works fine here. I've just opened a doc file and edited it without any problem.

And I wonder why you want to zoom the mobile version websites...

Guest ksc6000
Documents to Go works fine here. I've just opened a doc file and edited it without any problem.

And I wonder why you want to zoom the mobile version websites...

I'm happy to be corrected and note the corrections, no need to say "owning" and all that..

Anyways, when I did the UAS string fix and went to comedy central, and yes I went to the bottom of the screen to click dektop site or whatever, it worked but it still told me I needed to download flash player even though I already had it and it worked on other sites like dailymotion, and hulu. Maybe I need to try the rotate the screen idea, and I'll be glad if that works. That's good news if it does.

Pinch to zoom on mobile sites like m.facebook.com was helpful, it didn't zoom the whole thing, just made the font bigger, while keeping the same column format. It was useful to me. If it works in this then that's great.

And if the HTC_IME keyboard is having problems with voice to text input, then it's not fully working. I use that feature and find it very handy.

I still feel the text selection method is important as I am often copying and pasting stuff between emails and browser and chats. Its very nicely implemented in the desire port.

And yes I did reinstall docs 2 go multiple times. I know it will be fixed soon if not already, it was just a pain in the ass to first not see any of the apps I have downloaded in my "Downloads" on the market, and then to not have my most expensive app not work right.

And I love the native widgets of the sense UI.

I'm glad to hear that the flash is working and the keyboard are working, this is good news. I still feel that until there is a desire port with froyo capability, I'll wait.

Guest Evi1_One
I don't think pinch to zoom ever worked on mobile sites. That's the whole point of a mobile site! (No zooming needed!)

I loved that pinch to zoom worked when I used Google buzz. There are times when you do need to zoom in to get a better look at a non clickable image.

Guest bedwa

Im enjoying the speed difference, flash and the improved (or what seems to be) spell check on froyo. I seriously miss my Rosie (sense ui) but I can deal with it. As the saying goes, to each their own...... :rolleyes:

Guest BlackG35

I prefer using the desire port as well. The desire port has flash lite which is good enough for me, I dont really care about the flash 10.1 on froyo until it gets better. Its pretty laggy on most of the cool stuff you would want to do like watch vids on ABC and CNN.

Guest AndrewTan

You may install Dolphin Browser HD - it let you set region for browsing.

No comment.

HTC IME v25 is out after less than a day Froyo leak, it is working perfectly. I am using it now.

4631700975_7a07072d3d_o.png

What the point, they are purposely written to fit on mobile for easier reading.

Mine working fine.

6 & 7) If you so love Desire, why not buy HTC Desire at 1st?

Edited by AndrewTan

Guest ksc6000
@ksc6000

One word for you > NOOB !

Was that really needed? Do your balls feel bigger now by needlessly being hostile on the internet?

Guest AGeleff
HTC IME v25 is out after less than a day Froyo leak, it is working perfectly. I am using it now.

Wow, that keyboard is gorgeous. I think I'll have to give that a shot. :(

How's the accuracy?

Guest jettrue

Is there a name for that "skin" of htc ime? I've used htc ime before and it was the white keys. Its purty. :(

Guest Sylar2010

Froyo is good but the trackball wake/colors and the battery weird life(very random) are bad stuff.

I am waiting for the Beta Desire Rom with trackball wake

Guest Deathwish238

No comment.

Mine working fine.

I need that keyboard!

@ksc6000

One word for you > NOOB !

Don't be an ass...

Guest Chad Petree

No comment.

Mine working fine.

Omg that keyboard looks amazing! what keyboard is it? its not the default htc v25 keyboard

Guest Flayerz

I had some problems with Froyo that made me switch back to sense.

1) The browser kept crashing (And my market would download any apps at all)

2) My skins on HTC_IME-mod wouldn't patch (The keyboard kept crashing)

3) It war actually slower then sense (might be my phone thou)

4) And my apps seems to just shutdown randomly

I think I'll personally wait for the next version of the Froyo Rom :(