Paul When Can We Have Froyo On Desire ?

Guest RealUnknown

Guest RealUnknown

Hi All ...

I Have a Q , dear Paul when can we have Froyo on desire even without Sense ...

really i dont like sense and is there any Rom i can flash it without sense on desire ...

We love Froyo Paul , hurry up man ... we need it

Guest Kevin Ye

We only need froyo. Sense is so ugly. looking forward to froyo on desire....

Hi All ...

I Have a Q , dear Paul when can we have Froyo on desire even without Sense ...

really i dont like sense and is there any Rom i can flash it without sense on desire ...

We love Froyo Paul , hurry up man ... we need it

Guest pina
We only need froyo. Sense is so ugly. looking forward to froyo on desire....

then why did you buy a desire instead of a nexus one?

Guest ascito

I try to give an answer on my side, I had a N1 and I bought the Desire basically to test a new Device and than because it has better manifacturing materials.

Edited by ascito

Guest MaTiCeK

Paul said next week in his twitter stream. So it may be tomorrow or it may be next sunday! Or heck, if you count the Sunday as the first day of the week, then it may even be today. :rolleyes:

Guest sucramco
Man I told EVEN WITHOUT SENSE . Becuase froyo is important than sense . whats your idea ?

Jeez guys, I don't post much. I would rather post something sensible after reading all the important posts, not the rubbish that some people put out. I mean if you want his work, you should atleast have a subscription account. If Paul says next week, he means next week. Is this guy not allowed a day off? You cannot just throw it on the Desire without working at it and that takes time. So stop with the selfish posting and have a day off like everyone else. Paul if you fancy a nice day at the beach, Lowestoft is quite nice, as you know. Just turn your phones off and relax.

Edited by sucramco

Guest n8schicht

Paul is on it, give him time and don't rush him!! Follow him on Twitter to know about any progress!

It's done when it's done... :rolleyes:

Edited by n8schicht

Guest romanpoe
Jeez guys, I don't post much. I would rather post something sensible after reading all the important posts, not the rubbish that some people put out. If Paul says next week, he means next week. Is this guy not allowed a day off? You cannot just throw it on the Desire without working at it and that takes time. So stop with the selfish posting and have a day off like everyone else. Paul if you fancy a nice day at the beach Lowestoft is quite nice, as you know. Just turn your phones off an relax.

100% agree!!

Guest Atomicman

Do not push Paul!

We all want to get Froyo NOW and Paul knows it - but hey - he also has a private life!

Follow twitter and you will read he is uploading a port next week.

Guest Tuborgmann
Man I told EVEN WITHOUT SENSE . Becuase froyo is important than sense . whats your idea ?

:rolleyes: Geez, people have lives you know. And THAT is more important than froyo or whatever.

Guest ourfear

desire have real keyboard, i dont like the touch key in nexus one.

Guest PeBo75

For me: Desire because N1 isn't available in Germany and even if, i would have choosen the Desire again because of hardware keys AND Sense.

Regarding the pushing of Froyo, why is it sooo much important to have it right now? You can have A2SD and as the custom kernel gets some more progress you will have wifi tethering.

In my opinion there is a point which is more important to all of us. This is to get a flashing process which is more secure for all of our devices. Would you be happy with Froyo if yours is USB disabled? And at this time this can happen to everyone, even after a coulpe of sucessfully flashed ROMs. So Froyo can wait some more days! :rolleyes:

Guest Azurael

I'm getting a bit sick of these 'if you wanted a vanilla ROM, then why didn't you buy an N1' responses (although the whingey I WANT A ROM NOW! threads they're in response to aren't really any better :D) I got a Desire because the N1 is only available subsidised on Vodafone in the UK, and I don't want to deal with Vodafone (I had a contract with them concurrently with the O2 one a few years back) - the customer support were downright rude and hung up on me when I queried a billing issue, they wouldn't let me terminate my contract without sending them a letter by registered mail, they're more expensive than other operators and their coverage is absolutely dreadful across a large part of the South West, which happens to include where I live (though I will say elsewhere in the UK, they tend to be the best for coverage. They just don't like Bath!)

But I can wait for FroYo with my slightly unstable MCR R3 for the time being :rolleyes:

Edited by Azurael

Guest speedking34
I'm getting a bit sick of these 'if you wanted a vanilla ROM, then why didn't you buy an N1' responses (although the whingey I WANT A ROM NOW! threads they're in response to aren't really any better :D) I got a Desire because the N1 is only available subsidised on Vodafone in the UK, and I don't want to deal with Vodafone (I had a contract with them concurrently with the O2 one a few years back) - the customer support were downright rude and hung up on me when I queried a billing issue, they wouldn't let me terminate my contract without sending them a letter by registered mail, they're more expensive than other operators and their coverage is absolutely dreadful across a large part of the South West, which happens to include where I live (though I will say elsewhere in the UK, they tend to be the best for coverage. They just don't like Bath!)

But I can wait for FroYo with my slightly unstable MCR R3 for the time being :rolleyes:

I second that, I didn't get the Nexus one because it is only available on £35 - upwards plans on vodafone in the UK, and is about £100 pounds more on ebay, eventhough they are basically the same phone.

As a sidenote, I would just like to point out my dislike for the pretencious twats (excuses my language) that basically think that if we don't have a subscription account we're not entitled to an opinion and taht we are pretty much stealing paul's work.

Edited by speedking34

Guest Emmepi
Do not push Paul!

We all want to get Froyo NOW and Paul knows it - but hey - he also has a private life!

Really, it's not a machine ? :rolleyes:

Guest Snarkasm

You're entitled to an opinion, but is it really fair to complain quite loudly about the speed of his progress and bitch and moan that you NEED (lol) a FroYo port to a different device a day after it got released to the N1 if you're not helping in some manner?

Android is open. If you want an N1 FroYo port the day after release, feel free to hack it together yourself. Paul's built a community because he does what he does well, and to do it well requires time. Coming in and screaming WHERE'S FROYO WE NEED IT NOW HURRY PAUL is just a dick move. He's got a personal life, too, and it's the freakin' weekend. Relax. I'm sure Paul will notify the world when an appropriate port is ready.

Guest speedking34
You're entitled to an opinion, but is it really fair to complain quite loudly about the speed of his progress and bitch and moan that you NEED (lol) a FroYo port to a different device a day after it got released to the N1 if you're not helping in some manner?

Android is open. If you want an N1 FroYo port the day after release, feel free to hack it together yourself. Paul's built a community because he does what he does well, and to do it well requires time. Coming in and screaming WHERE'S FROYO WE NEED IT NOW HURRY PAUL is just a dick move. He's got a personal life, too, and it's the freakin' weekend. Relax. I'm sure Paul will notify the world when an appropriate port is ready.

I am right with you on this, and in no way was I defending the OP of this thead. His request was indeed selfish in some way and moreover lacking any research (going on paul's twitter would have answered his question)

My comment was more of a general obervasion of what I came across on the forum, with add-free members a lot of the time concidering themselves more worthy than normal, non paying members.

Guest nollie

On the subject of a FroYo ROM I'd like to know if, with official Apps to SD support and tethering (I know, carrier dependent) if anyone like myself is tempted, whenever it is released, to flash then un-root their phones? Or try and get as close to a generic Desire ROM with HTC Sense as possible?

I'd like to be able to get OTA updates after FroYo, though I would probably be tempted in the future to flash the next iteration of Android as HTC would probably roll it out much slower. If I am wrong on this and un-rooting a phone does not suddenly allow OTA updates to work, please correct me I am a complete beginner with flashing on Android.

Edited by nollie

Guest sucramco
I second that, I didn't get the Nexus one because it is only available on £35 - upwards plans on vodafone in the UK, and is about £100 pounds more on ebay, eventhough they are basically the same phone.

As a sidenote, I would just like to point out my dislike for the pretencious twats (excuses my language) that basically think that if we don't have a subscription account we're not entitled to an opinion and taht we are pretty much stealing paul's work.

I like being a twat but I don't think I am pretencious, possibly pretentious though. LOL

At no point did I say anyone was stealing Paul's work. I made a comment on one individual and anyone else that thinks the same. Is it right to be rude and pushy when they want something NOW, when they have not got the decency to even have a paid subscription. For the record he didn't even have an opinion it was a demand hidden in very poorly written english.

My money is on a very tight budget at the moment, but the hard work that Paul has put in deserves something put back in from us. If people do not want to pay for a subscription it is up to them, so they have no right to moan, complain and demand. Of course they have a right to their own opinion, even if it is right or wrong.

My wife says to our kids " I want, doesn't get".

The longer we wait the better it will be.

Guest FrancisFuku
Two topic, same conversation...

but all I see in this twitt : http://twitter.com/PaulOBrien/status/14514771635

is that the Nexus One will have the desire port on froyo next week (HTC Sense). No mentions of froyo for HTC Desire...

I think that when he said "Desire port", he meant "the port of Froyo for the Desire" (which seems possible, considering the similarities between the Nexus One and the Desire), rather than "the Nexus One will have the Desire port for Froyo" because it's impossible to port something which doesn't exist for now, ie HTC Sense for Froyo.