Paul When Can We Have Froyo On Desire ?

Guest RealUnknown

Guest Too51oll
I am right with you on this, and in no way was I defending the OP of this thead. His request was indeed selfish in some way and moreover lacking any research (going on paul's twitter would have answered his question)

My comment was more of a general obervasion of what I came across on the forum, with add-free members a lot of the time concidering themselves more worthy than normal, non paying members.

I WANT FROYO NOW PAUL. YOU BETTER DO IT OR.......

Guest Too51oll

Joking only. Patience is the key (I haven't got "usb dead" suffered in mind on this)

Edited by Too51oll

Guest sucramco

Well done. I did find it funny, as we all new you were joking.

Edited by sucramco

Guest Namtaffy
I like being a twat but I don't think I am pretencious, possibly pretentious though. LOL

At no point did I say anyone was stealing Paul's work. I made a comment on one individual and anyone else that thinks the same. Is it right to be rude and pushy when they want something NOW, when they have not got the decency to even have a paid subscription. For the record he didn't even have an opinion it was a demand hidden in very poorly written english.

My money is on a very tight budget at the moment, but the hard work that Paul has put in deserves something put back in from us. If people do not want to pay for a subscription it is up to them, so they have no right to moan, complain and demand. Of course they have a right to their own opinion, even if it is right or wrong.

My wife says to our kids " I want, doesn't get".

The longer we wait the better it will be.

have to agree 100% with this. Although I am looking forward to some stock froyo goodness

Edited by Namtaffy

Guest afiorillo
Hi All ...

I Have a Q , dear Paul when can we have Froyo on desire even without Sense ...

really i dont like sense and is there any Rom i can flash it without sense on desire ...

We love Froyo Paul , hurry up man ... we need it

You need it? Well, you've the leaked N1 ROM, you've enough time to spend on, you need it, you port it.

And, oh: hurry, I need it too! :rolleyes:

Guest bedwa
Two topic, same conversation...

but all I see in this twitt : http://twitter.com/PaulOBrien/status/14514771635

is that the Nexus One will have the desire port on froyo next week (HTC Sense). No mentions of froyo for HTC Desire...

I think that when he said "Desire port", he meant "the port of Froyo for the Desire" (which seems possible, considering the similarities between the Nexus One and the Desire), rather than "the Nexus One will have the Desire port for Froyo" because it's impossible to port something which doesn't exist for now, ie HTC Sense for Froyo.

I also remember Paul saying in on of the desire rom threads that he's merging the core of the two roms, this will make it so he adds the device specific additions (as in the kitchens) and there goes from there with all the added applications. If its comming for one it'll soon be there for the other.. :rolleyes: I personally am looking for my wsense to be back even though I'm enjoying yummy yoghurt goodness at this time.....

Guest RealUnknown
You need it? Well, you've the leaked N1 ROM, you've enough time to spend on, you need it, you port it.

And, oh: hurry, I need it too! :rolleyes:

funny thanx ...

LOL

I thinks this is a request if I can do it I never Make this topic ...

Thanks for Helping ...

I Want show paul how many people waiting for him ...

thanks god you r not paul ...

Guest squirreleater

Hate to say this guys and gals, but this sort of thread is the reason people who have N1's bought them. It was always going to be first in line for updates.

I prefer the desire, but lost all faith in HTC after having a hero and the never ending wait for 2.1 to come.

N1's have always been available to buy in the UK from it's launch in Jan.

Guest RiotRick
then why did you buy a desire instead of a nexus one?

For example in The Netherlands you cannot buy a Nexus One from any carrier at the moment. You can however get a desire with a carrier deal. This means the desire will be around 200 euro cheaper than a nexus one. Or the way carriers work over here, you can get it for "free" with a 2-year subscription. Which for many ppl is far more affordable than paying the entire amount up front. So over here you see quite a lot of desires, and very few nexus ones.

Guest squirreleater
Well considering N1 is the first and last phone by Google... we'll have to go through HTC either way in the future.

Wasn't the G1 a 'google' phone,aka called the Android Developers Phone 1 ?

Guest RiotRick
Jeez guys, I don't post much. I would rather post something sensible after reading all the important posts, not the rubbish that some people put out. I mean if you want his work, you should atleast have a subscription account. If Paul says next week, he means next week. Is this guy not allowed a day off? You cannot just throw it on the Desire without working at it and that takes time. So stop with the selfish posting and have a day off like everyone else. Paul if you fancy a nice day at the beach, Lowestoft is quite nice, as you know. Just turn your phones off and relax.

Agreed. You should be happy your even able to get hold of any update or custom rom before you get an official htc update....

Guest skinnypupp
I'm getting a bit sick of these 'if you wanted a vanilla ROM, then why didn't you buy an N1' responses (although the whingey I WANT A ROM NOW! threads they're in response to aren't really any better :D) I got a Desire because the N1 is only available subsidised on Vodafone in the UK, and I don't want to deal with Vodafone (I had a contract with them concurrently with the O2 one a few years back) - the customer support were downright rude and hung up on me when I queried a billing issue, they wouldn't let me terminate my contract without sending them a letter by registered mail, they're more expensive than other operators and their coverage is absolutely dreadful across a large part of the South West, which happens to include where I live (though I will say elsewhere in the UK, they tend to be the best for coverage. They just don't like Bath!)

But I can wait for FroYo with my slightly unstable MCR R3 for the time being :rolleyes:

Hi maybe I am wrong, but I always thought you could just buy your N1 direct from Google here... Both the 2100/900/850 version and and 2100/AWS/900 version are there...

Guest boge
Hi maybe I am wrong, but I always thought you could just buy your N1 direct from Google here... Both the 2100/900/850 version and and 2100/AWS/900 version are there...

err.. it's depend on where you are. I live in NL, and Nexus One is not available in here yet.

Guest Sashimi

Oh now this is one sick topic.

"Paul Hurry hup"

"Paul get moving"

"Paul when can we have"

"Paul when is it coming"

Man, I really am stunned by such foolishness.

Hey you autistic morons, who the hell do you think you all are here, ordering Paul for some kind of delivery deadline ? WTF ?!

Guys, Paul is a guy with a real life and is not in any case your dedicated slave nor your fulltime R&D lab rat. Like most hacker geniuses, it's one of his hobbies playing around and he's already being very generous sharing his achievements online. I've seen quite a few guys like that giving up because of your kind of inappropriate behaviour.

For the sake of all the android hacking scene, and actually especially you who really seem to live around your holy smartphone, stop this pathetic whining, quit demanding, and in the meantime, go outside and get a life !

Guest landswipe
Oh now this is one sick topic.

"Paul Hurry hup"

"Paul get moving"

"Paul when can we have"

"Paul when is it coming"

Man, I really am stunned by such foolishness.

Hey you autistic morons, who the hell do you think you all are here, ordering Paul for some kind of delivery deadline ? WTF ?!

Guys, Paul is a guy with a real life and is not in any case your dedicated slave nor your fulltime R&D lab rat. Like most hacker geniuses, it's one of his hobbies playing around and he's already being very generous sharing his achievements online. I've seen quite a few guys like that giving up because of your kind of inappropriate behaviour.

For the sake of all the android hacking scene, and actually especially you who really seem to live around your holy smartphone, stop this pathetic whining, quit demanding, and in the meantime, go outside and get a life !

Why must you disparage with autism? Exercise some decorum fanboy...

Guest EddyOS

Here's my 2p...

If Paul is like anyone in the UK this weekend gone he'll be outdoors in the glorious sunshine having a drink and a BBQ - I doubt he's sad enough to sit in front of a PC 24/7 just to get a port up...enjoy your phone and just be patient

Guest peter.taylor
Here's my 2p...

If Paul is like anyone in the UK this weekend gone he'll be outdoors in the glorious sunshine having a drink and a BBQ - I doubt he's sad enough to sit in front of a PC 24/7 just to get a port up...enjoy your phone and just be patient

Couldnt agree more, he can spend all the time he wants in front of a PC/Mac :rolleyes: when the typical british summer comes :D